ADVERTISEMENT

No. 13/14 Men’s Lacrosse Hosts No. 5/6 Loyola on Saturday

UNC @ Cuse already 12-6 Heels just before the half. Cuse is not really good in any facet. Can’t see the Gait / Petro experiment lasting much longer. If I didn’t know any better I would think Petro was the HC and Gait was a big donor with permanent sideline access. He is not even in the huddle half the time

Reactions: Caliknight
UNC @ Cuse already 12-6 Heels just before the half. Cuse is not really good in any facet. Can’t see the Gait / Petro experiment lasting much longer. If I didn’t know any better I would think Petro was the HC and Gait was a big donor with permanent sideline access. He is not even in the huddle half the time

Their talent is young. Without clear direction it won't play to it's potential.

Syracuse is an Instagram team. Highlight goals are sick but they suck.

Marquette 14-Michigan 9

BTW - @rufamily and other NJ HS followers, a couple of NJ '21 prospects showed up for Dartmouth today. Max LaTorre from Delby got some PT and got an assist. And Quinn Moore from Seton Hall prep scored 5 from midfield

Last edited:
That’s a shocking score.

I’ll make a prediction of Michigan doesn’t get it together.

They can their coach and Lars Tiffany moves there. It’s less far fetched than you might think.

Reactions: rbled
That’s a shocking score.

They can their coach and Lars Tiffany moves there. It’s less far fetched than you might think.
Great facilities in Michigan too.

Would Lars leave for the money only? He’s in a hotbed of talent where is at now

Big win by RU today. It was as close to a must win in Feb as you can get and RU stood strong. It was nice to be back on the banks today.

I think Loyola bounces back and gets a couple pieces back healthy they need and they can go on a run and compete to win the PL….I think RU can go on a big run now including a win over Princeton.

Cheers!

That’s a shocking score.

How did they hang in with UVA, who just handled OSU 17-6? They strike me as being young in talent with an overrated Zawada who runs up his numbers against cupcakes.

UVA & ND seem to have done the best job integrating their transfers and are leading the pack so far. Georgetown has done the worst.

I don't think UM can offer enough of a raise to lure him away. How much alumni support ($$) do they have?

Dordevic is a talent but he seems to be a stat guy. He’s lost a lot of games in his career. We dodged a bullet there probably. Heard he’s getting paid $50K for the season. Not great ROI.

Every team has 5th years. Loyola today has a ton on their roster.

Reactions: rbled
That’s a shocking score.

Yeah because Michigan does not tolerate losing no matter what sport. They will fire their HC and make a sexy hire soon enough.

How did they hang in with UVA, who just handled OSU 17-6? They strike me as being young in talent with an overrated Zawada who runs up his numbers against cupcakes.

UVA & ND seem to have done the best job integrating their transfers and are leading the pack so far. Georgetown has done the worst.

I don't think UM can offer enough of a raise to lure him away. How much alumni support ($$) do they have?
Dordevic is a talent but he seems to be a stat guy. He’s lost a lot of games in his career. We dodged a bullet there probably. Heard he’s getting paid $50K for the season. Not great ROI.

Every team has 5th years. Loyola today has a ton on their roster.
One note. Loyola’s 5th years are not transfers or 1 year guys. The PL does not allow for 1 year transfers like the other conferences. So it’s actually quite a bit different then what teams like Gtown, RU, MD and ND are able to do in the off season market. Loyola’s 5 year guys are guys that have been there all along and are playing out their Covid year…

It hurts the PL teams and puts them at a disadvantage as compared to the ACC, Big Ten, and Big East

This years true seniors (guys in year 4) are the last guys that have the Covid year in their back pockets. So this summer will be the last year where teams can go on a big shopping spree in the “1 year/grad year” transfer market…the one year transfers we’ve seen the last 2-3 years will essentially all but dry up…

Now you will still have transfers and portal activity, but it’s going to drop off significantly IMO

Last edited:
One note. Loyola’s 5th years are not transfers or 1 year guys. The PL does not allow for 1 year transfers like the other conferences. So it’s actually quite a bit different then what teams like Gtown, RU, MD and ND are able to do in the off season market. Loyola’s 5 year guys are guys that have been there all along and are playing out their Covid year…

It hurts the PL teams and puts them at a disadvantage as compared to the ACC, Big Ten, and Big East

This years true seniors (guys in year 4) are the last guys that have the Covid year in their back pockets. So this summer will be the last year where teams can go on a big shopping spree in the “1 year/grad year” transfer market…the one year transfers we’ve seen the last 2-3 years will essentially all but dry up…

Now you will still have transfers and portal activity, but it’s going to drop off significantly IMO

Ivies don't even get a covid year, which worked out pretty well for RU with Bartolo and Mullin. And you're right, 1 more year and it will drop off a cliff.

Ivies don't even get a covid year, which worked out pretty well for RU with Bartolo and Mullin. And you're right, 1 more year and it will drop off a cliff.
Yup. The real talent pot of gold came flowing out of the Ivies who said no to Covid year and they only allow 4 years…no redshirts

It dries up after this last binge this summer

Yup. The real talent pot of gold came flowing out of the Ivies who said no to Covid year and they only allow 4 years…no redshirts

It dries up after this last binge this summer

But some of them have 2 years left because they cancelled '21. There's a FOGO at Dartmouth who should get a lot of interest.

Reactions: Caliknight
Got the 6 right. After a disappointing loss RU has a tendency to bounce back in a big way. I expected some kind of strong reversal but drastically overestimated the offensive capabilities of this team.

But some of them have 2 years left because they cancelled '21. There's a FOGO at Dartmouth who should get a lot of interest.
There are a number Ivy kids with two years. Sam English from Princeton is one. Heard he got a bit NIL deal at his next stop. And by NIL I mean straight up paid.

It’s true Loyolas 5th years were there but the point is it’s not like RU was playing with men to their boys. 5th years are 5th years.

It’s definitely going to dry up. Fortunately we’ve been having our best recruiting classes.

At least on paper.

Gotta change gears now and win 2 games this week starting with the Johnnies on Tuesday. I honestly if I'm Brecht would start to look to leave the series as St. John's has been trash for a long time now and outside of an easy win to give some young players time on the field, really doesn't help out our RPI. They're most likely our easiest opponent on the schedule this year. Utah comes in on Saturday and while they aren't a pushover like St. John's is, we can and need to beat them decisively to set up an important game vs Princeton in 2 weeks.

Scheduling isn’t easy in lacrosse. Brian and staff do a good job of RPI scheduling.

I was hoping to see more Ivy teams on the schedule. Acc teams are a lost cause. They are afraid of us for some reason.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Scheduling isn’t easy in lacrosse. Brian and staff do a good job of RPI scheduling.

I was hoping to see more Ivy teams on the schedule. Acc teams are a lost cause. They are afraid of us for some reason.
Agreed. I'd love to play Penn/Harvard/Brown/Cornell/Yale on the regular along with Princeton of course.

I talked to Yale’s coach after the season about scheduling a game. He was an absolute prick. Doubt we will play them during the season.

Reactions: bigmatt718
lol what he say?

It was at the US Lacrosse gala. We happened to both be walking to the bathroom at the same time and I have never met him I don't believe. I introduced myself, congratulated him on his success, and said we should get a series going, it would be good for both programs.

He said something flippant as if I was saying we would beat them. It was weird. He's a strange guy from what I hear and not very well liked by the players or other coaches. Acted like a dick towards me for no reason. F that guy.

• Haha
Reactions: jreinsdorf
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT