ADVERTISEMENT

No. 13/14 Men’s Lacrosse Hosts No. 5/6 Loyola on Saturday

I hope we have a good turnout. Big game today. Attending with my son who is a Rutgers student. Heard the Riot Squad is going.

I am wondering if Loyola is that good or MD and JH have taken a step back.

I hope we have a good turnout. Big game today. Attending with my son who is a Rutgers student. Heard the Riot Squad is going.

I am wondering if Loyola is that good or MD and JH have taken a step back.

It's been snowing in Bergen County but looks to be ending. Roads clear but coating on grass surfaces. SHI?

Penn St up 8-1 on Yale after 1. Their attack is unconscious and Yale's goalie is not stepping up.

Great start but another just brutal turnover after a penalty leads to an empty net.

These are not winning plays.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Look a little cleaner this week but still making critical unforced errors that are costing us.

Team defense is MUCH better today so far. Rope unit appears to be getting more comfortable in transition.

Not surprised to see a shake up in the second middie line. Good to see Dugenio and Rall back full go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caliknight
Mullin is en fuego. Loyola goalie with some good stops after a bit of a shaky start.

We are getting looks. Need to finish.

Reactions: Caliknight
Unnecessary slide leads to hands free. Their IQ is extremely high. You cannot help them by projecting slides. They will eat that up all day.

Shot selection for us isn’t going to get it done.

If we don’t work for better chances and shoot better we aren’t going to win this game. They are too good.

Their goalie is playing unconscious. We aren’t helping with some of our shot selection.

Great sign to see Knobloch get going. It’s a different offense when he is a threat.

Yep. Need him.

We can’t commit penalties. Their emo is way too good

Hopefully our middies can continue to produce. It will open up everything else.

Great half of lacrosse.

Groundballs face offs and saves.

Those are the battles

The piece we are missing is the big hammer from midfield, like Kirst or Bartolo. That opens up everything when you have that big step down threat.
Agreed and I forgot about Mitch! Adding that element alone would totally change our offensive looks.

I was hoping Cameron(albeit attack) would carry that torch but he has been a little quiet of late.

Uh oh offense heating up.

Knoblochs pop is back. Kid is just so talented and smart. When he gets going the team gets going.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Penn State holds on 13-11. The Ivies don't seem as strong as last year and are all starting games slow. Cornell got tested in the 1st half again and then pulled away in the 2nd. Penn behind UNC. I guess all but Dartmouth, which is up on Holy Cross 12-0 at the half. BTW, if RU needs a grad FOGO next year, the preseason All-Ivy is 10-11 today after a 65% game last week. I'm sure those numbers will go down when he hits Big 3 opponents. I believe he has 2 years left.

Agreed and I forgot about Mitch! Adding that element alone would totally change our offensive looks.

I was hoping Cameron(albeit attack) would carry that torch but he has been a little quiet of late.
Cameron does not really fit that mold. Sprock needs to be that guy once he rounds into form. He does not have the size of Kirst or Bartolo but he is a strong power dodger and has that big outside bouncer.

Loyola has fleeting issues. We are more athletic in the midfield. Keep riding hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT