ADVERTISEMENT

No. 13 Rutgers Wrestling Hosts No. 9 Minnesota Saturday

Going to be a tough one. We need to win the close bouts especially the first 4 weights and the last 2.

Reactions: TRU2RU
This is our best chance to beat Minnesota since we entered the Big Ten. Win one toss-up and we will be celebrating on Saturday night. Glad it is on BTN Plus.

125 Toss-Up (hopefully McKee struggles making weight)
133 Shawver Major (Wells is a true freshman)
141 Toss-Up (Moore needs this for tournament seeding)
149 Minnesota Decision (Cetta could upset Roberts)
157 Minnesota Major (Hope we keep Blockhouse to a decision)
165 Toss-Up (Brenner at same level as White or Geyer)
174 Turley Decision (Turley can't overlook Skillings)
184 Minnesota Decision (Salazar too experienced for Soldano)
197 Poz - Major (Poz should dominate)
UNL Yara - Decision (a major is possible)

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow
I'd like to see Gayer at 165 and see if he can continue wrestling well after the Amine match. That match had to give him some confidence.

Reactions: DUForever
This is our best chance to beat Minnesota since we entered the Big Ten. Win one toss-up and we will be celebrating on Saturday night. Glad it is on BTN Plus.

125 Toss-Up (hopefully McKee struggles making weight)
133 Shawver Major (Wells is a true freshman)
141 Toss-Up (Moore needs this for tournament seeding)
149 Minnesota Decision (Cetta could upset Roberts)
157 Minnesota Major (Hope we keep Blockhouse to a decision)
165 Toss-Up (Brenner at same level as White or Geyer)
174 Turley Decision (Turley can't overlook Skillings)
184 Minnesota Decision (Salazar too experienced for Soldano)
197 Poz - Major (Poz should dominate)
UNL Yara - Decision (a major is possible)
Agreed, this is our best chance to beat Minn and move up in the b10.. feels like we haven’t won a close one in forever.. and at home..

125- McKee has been hot (just teched #7) and Peterson kinda been cooling off. On paper a tossup but McKee got momentum rn

165- not sure this is a tossup.. Minn kid still ranked 30th so whoever we are sending out needs to take control of this spot. I’m assuming it’s Gayer since he just took Amine to OT.

197- Poz looks Great but Joles is underranked and just took Allred to OT. Don’t think bonus is a given here..

I got this dual 5:5 split so.. probably comes down to bonus pts.

Reactions: biker7766
Agreed, this is our best chance to beat Minn and move up in the b10.. feels like we haven’t won a close one in forever.. and at home..

125- McKee has been hot (just teched #7) and Peterson kinda been cooling off. On paper a tossup but McKee got momentum rn

165- not sure this is a tossup.. Minn kid still ranked 30th so whoever we are sending out needs to take control of this spot. I’m assuming it’s Gayer since he just took Amine to OT.

197- Poz looks Great but Joles is underranked and just took Allred to OT. Don’t think bonus is a given here..

I got this dual 5:5 split so.. probably comes down to bonus pts.
Your prediction is more realistic than my 7-3 advantage. For a 7-3 win, the stars would need to align, and Peterson would have to score points. It also assumes Moore will be back to form, Shawver, Turley, Poz, and Yara-Slav don't lay eggs, and either Cetta or whoever wrestles 165 contributes a win. Gayer may get the nod; he's wrestling more inspired, but a fully coherent White could pull it off if he doesn't fall on his back. I may just end up feeling silly for suggesting such a thing.

I've been unsure whether we've had the annual WTF moment yet or it's still coming.

On paper this looks like a 6-4 split for Rutgers based on probables (125, 133, 141, 174, 197, HWT for Rutgers). I'll take a 5-5 split and dual decided on bonus. Best chance for Rutgers ever to get a win over Minnesota.

On paper this looks like a 6-4 split for Rutgers based on probables (125, 133, 141, 174, 197, HWT for Rutgers). I'll take a 5-5 split and dual decided on bonus. Best chance for Rutgers ever to get a win over Minnesota.
Really hoping the home "mat" advantage gives us an edge in a few close ones.
125-McKee dec. This is one that if Peterson wants to be considered a low AA placer needs to get this win. 3-0 Minn
133-Shawver dec- Minn kid is sneaky good 3-3
141-Vombaur dec. Moore has not looked like earlier in year Moore. This is a real tossup, but need to see Moore turn it back up 6-3 Minn
149-Cetta dec. I like Cetta here. Kid is a scrapper 6-6
157-Blochus dec I think Clark or Butler holds it to a dec 9-6 Minn
165-Brenner dec I think we really need this and it is a toss up but until 165 wins a Big10 dual that means something, going with Minn 12-6
174-Turley dec Need some Turley home mat magic for a pin or major. Minn 12-9
184 Salazar dec Did not think I would say this this year, but Soldano needs to not give up bonus Minn 15-9
197-Poz major-Poz with 4 takedowns to get the major 15-13
Hwt-Slav with dec to clinch the dual 16-15 RU!

Of course 157 and 184 cannot give up bonus and I do think we have better chance of flipping a match(141).
Ru really needs this to finally beat Minn

Let's go!

Really hoping the home "mat" advantage gives us an edge in a few close ones.
125-McKee dec. This is one that if Peterson wants to be considered a low AA placer needs to get this win. 3-0 Minn
133-Shawver dec- Minn kid is sneaky good 3-3
141-Vombaur dec. Moore has not looked like earlier in year Moore. This is a real tossup, but need to see Moore turn it back up 6-3 Minn
149-Cetta dec. I like Cetta here. Kid is a scrapper 6-6
157-Blochus dec I think Clark or Butler holds it to a dec 9-6 Minn
165-Brenner dec I think we really need this and it is a toss up but until 165 wins a Big10 dual that means something, going with Minn 12-6
174-Turley dec Need some Turley home mat magic for a pin or major. Minn 12-9
184 Salazar dec Did not think I would say this this year, but Soldano needs to not give up bonus Minn 15-9
197-Poz major-Poz with 4 takedowns to get the major 15-13
Hwt-Slav with dec to clinch the dual 16-15 RU!

Of course 157 and 184 cannot give up bonus and I do think we have better chance of flipping a match(141).
Ru really needs this to finally beat Minn

Let's go!
Good analysis.

What’s going on with Clark? This is obvious an injury and not sickness.

That call was as bad as it gets. To call it on the mat and then go and overturn it is unreal. Idk what Rutgers has to do to get respect from officials in this effing conference. Constantly getting boned by shit officiating in every sport

I’ll say it again. Until Rutgers coaches and athletic administration publicly call out the discrepancies and outright blatant manipulation in officiating this will continue to happen. Enough with the back channel bullshit. Come right out and say. Get the fine and let the B1G know it will not be tolerated any longer.

I’ll say it again. Until Rutgers coaches and athletic administration publicly call out the discrepancies and outright blatant manipulation in officiating this will continue to happen. Enough with the back channel bullshit. Come right out and say. Get the fine and let the B1G know it will not be tolerated any longer.
Agree! I’m not watching the match, but I don’t know if there’s a sport where I seen more outlandish stuff with officiating than in Wrestling

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT