ADVERTISEMENT

No. 19 Rutgers Field Hockey Heads to No. 21 Ohio State (Fri), Michigan State (Sun)

When we first joined the B1G I saw all of their Olympic sports teams ranked all over the place and thought we are dead. Crazy to see the day where we are going on the road and beating ranked Ohio State teams. We have so many good sports now it’s amazing. All the ones that have good coaches and recruit real big ten talent. Football hasn’t done that yet but lots of the rest have it’s great to see!

When we first joined the B1G I saw all of their Olympic sports teams ranked all over the place and thought we are dead. Crazy to see the day where we are going on the road and beating ranked Ohio State teams. We have so many good sports now it’s amazing. All the ones that have good coaches and recruit real big ten talent. Football hasn’t done that yet but lots of the rest have it’s great to see!
It will happen.

And these others sports are proof it can happen with the right person in charge.

While Football is king the other sports are important to the Realm too. Especially in the B1G.

More importantly, they’re doing well against peers, and not directional Florida schools and University of Random Largish City.

The Big Ten has been the greatest thing to ever happen to our Olympic sports. Despite football floundering, most of RU's sports teams are thriving. Wrestling is a national power. Women's soccer has been in the NCAAs every year since joining the B1G. Men's lacrosse has been on the cusp of the Tourney. Women's Crew was just outside Top 10 in the nation. Men's Soccer and softball are greatly improved and likely will have postseason hopes next year. Gymnastics beat ranked B1G teams last year and I could see being ranked this year. Even sports like golf and swimming are quietly improved. Football is the last and most difficult piece of the puzzle to complete. Once that does, no one will ever question why RU is in the Big Ten.

Last edited:
So basically Rutgers is actually pretty good at everything but football.

Field Hockey had a great breakout year last year but it doesn't appear that it was a fluke. These girls are for real!

Reactions: bigmatt718
So basically Rutgers is actually pretty good at everything but football.

Field Hockey had a great breakout year last year but it doesn't appear that it was a fluke. These girls are for real!
and for those not in the know we lost our best player this year who left the team and went back to her country not sure if homesick but that really hurt

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT