ADVERTISEMENT

No. 22/20 Rutgers Women's Soccer Returns Home for Contests with Purdue (Thur) and Indiana (Sun)

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
No. 22/20 Rutgers women's soccer returns home for two Big Ten matches this weekend. The Scarlet Knights first host Purdue on Thursday for an 8 p.m. ET match live on Big Ten Network.

Rutgers then matches up with Indiana for its final home regular season contest. The Scarlet Knights will honor its nine seniors – Taylor Aylmer, Carina Hendley, Megan Katona, Brittany LaPlant, Jenna Sayers, Brianna Starr, Chantelle Swaby, Amanda Visco, Tiernny Wiltshire - in a pregame ceremony.

https://scarletknights.com/news/201...ome-for-contests-with-purdue-and-indiana.aspx

Reactions: RUTrack94
Should be a very interesting match with the wind we have today

True BUT both teams have to play in it.
First half just a total microcosm of our year as we probably possessed the ball for 40 out of 45 minutes with at least half of that time spent in our own half. Also real quick playing Swaby at left midfield and 2 things she had one our best chance with a wide open shot from the 18 and her shot probably not within 10 yards of the goal and she gave the ball away twice for Purdue only real good scoring chances. She has got to go bank to backer!!

Nneka should sit.
I agree 100%, impacts the tempo and speed of play, has not looked good for quite some time. R does not look good, for the love of god, STOP going backwards and space the field!!! Purdue is giving R HUGE HOLES, use then! I cannot believe how open LaPlant was in that last shot Ali took........R should be blowing Purdue out for fun!!!!!

I guess that's why I am not the coach, Nekka would not have been on the field to start the OT period, shows what I know!.....good goal, even better set up by Swaby!! But, this game should have been a blow out! How do you go 90 minutes without a good look and score that quick in OT with that much time and space? Keeper was way out of position, but perfectly placed ball on the finish, had much more room than she used on the shot.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
I guess that's why I am not the coach, Nekka would not have been on the field to start the OT period, shows what I know!.....good goal, even better set up by Swaby!! But, this game should have been a blow out! How do you go 90 minutes without a good look and score that quick in OT with that much time and space? Keeper was way out of position, but perfectly placed ball on the finish, had much more room than she used on the shot.
No you are 100% right about Nekka she is very lazy and makes occasional run and is just terrible with the ball at her feet they have her on the left side and she had the ball many times and could not make one effective cross. Will try to do full eval of the game as I watched the whole game barely watched the Yankee game which I am glad about as their offense is about as good as Rutgers women's right now but it is very difficult to watch the women they are so offensively challenged; real quick where is Jenna Sayers scored a beautiful goal against Penn State and doesn't see the field I don't get it!! Is she hurt?

Shut my mouth about Nneka! Actually, other than the winning goal, another poor game. Thought Swaby played a good game. Perhaps she is getting more acclimated to the position. Thought LaPlant had her first poor game. Notice that she did not start the OT. Believe she is frustrated in not getting the ball on good runs & is trying to do it by herself. Lost the ball several times. Holland with another strong performance. Like her at mid. Looks like Indiana packs it in on D. Got to find a way to beat them. Go RU!

Shut my mouth about Nneka! Actually, other than the winning goal, another poor game. Thought Swaby played a good game. Perhaps she is getting more acclimated to the position. Thought LaPlant had her first poor game. Notice that she did not start the OT. Believe she is frustrated in not getting the ball on good runs & is trying to do it by herself. Lost the ball several times. Holland with another strong performance. Like her at mid. Looks like Indiana packs it in on D. Got to find a way to beat them. Go RU!
Just peeked at Big 10 standings. Indiana has only scored 3 goals and only given up 5 goals in Big 10 play. Expect another 1-0 game at best.

Huge three points.
Team needs to be in top 4 for a home game quarterfinal to start the Big Ten tournament.
Semi and final also at RU

Looks like a big drop between 5th and 6th when seeing my the standings on TV .... 4th is a home game, but would like to see a higher seed.

Keep the pressure on ladies!!!!

Great & important win. Thought we played a very good game under tough conditions. Possessed & moved the ball well. Indy played 5 across the back line. Not only did Nneka once again score the golden goal but thought she played a better overall game than she has been. Brittany had a good bounce back game. Amirah played well. Moved the ball. Shea Holland, Tierney Wiltshire, Gabby Provenzano, & Allison Lynch come to mind as having had very good games. Taylor Almer played well. Amanda Visco was solid. Just watched the replay. Looks like the ball went in off LaPlant's foot. Should be her goal.

The win possibly/probably moved us up in the Big. We also entered the game with a game in hand on two teams above us.

Last edited:
Reactions: rubaseball78
Huge game vs. Michigan left, then Michigan State to end the regular season.
Michigan with 22 points. RU with 19. A win is three points. Ties are 1.

Great & important win. Thought we played a very good game under tough conditions. Possessed & moved the ball well. Indy played 5 across the back line. Not only did Nneka once again score the golden goal but thought she played a better overall game than she has been. Brittany had a good bounce back game. Amirah played well. Moved the ball. Shea Holland, Tierney Wiltshire, Gabby Provenzano, & Allison Lynch come to mind as having had very good games. Taylor Almer played well. Amanda Visco was solid. Just watched the replay. Looks like the ball went in off LaPlant's foot. Should be her goal.

The win possibly/probably moved us up in the Big. We also entered the game with a game in hand on two teams above us.
Yes, the ball did deflect off LaPlants foot and if it doesn't, it's going to stay on the ground, so definitely change the result of the initial shot, should be a Nneka assist and LaPlant goal. You also can tell in the videos by her reaction that LaPlant also thought she scored.

Yes, the ball did deflect off LaPlants foot and if it doesn't, it's going to stay on the ground, so definitely change the result of the initial shot, should be a Nneka assist and LaPlant goal. You also can tell in the videos by her reaction that LaPlant also thought she scored.
Yes you can clearly see by her reaction.

Look again #19 of Indiana turns her back and it goes off the back of her foot watch the play closely there was a clear hand ball by the Indiana girl when the cross came in.

I have a few more minutes now; watched mostly the second half and we did possess the ball and went forward a lot more but still not many good chances as our girls still have trouble finishing passes and getting in the right position but again a win is a win; the goal quite honestly that was a very lucky play as again it was not a good set piece; first you are right outside the 18 there is no reason to not put a shot on goal there; Since we didn't take the shot it was a terrible ball(I am not sure who actually took the kick as I was watching on my phone and with the rain it was hard to see numbers); the shot was sent in at chest level and as I said above if you look closely the ball hits off the arm of the Indiana defender; but if you are running a set piece you are looking for a header especially by Mnene as she is 6 foot tall but the ball sent in was not nearly high enough; the good news we keep finding a way to win the bad news is we still have to go to Overtime and have only scored more than 1 goal in 2 of our last 11 games; we need more offense and I am just not sure why we can't find it with the girls we have

Reactions: Loyal-Son
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT