ADVERTISEMENT

No. 9 Men’s Lacrosse Wraps Regular Season at No. 19 Ohio State / Saturday 4pm - On BTN

Game over. Total domination. Very disappointing. Will we get left out of the NCAA tourney if we don't win our 1st rd B1G game?

I know the kids on this team have zero to do with the 2012 Louisville football game, the 2004 basketball loss to Va. Tech and countless other games we’ve choked aaay that I could name but it’s simply uncanny how RU teams fold like a cheap suit in the biggest spots.

150% MENTAL our athletic department needs a FULL TIME SPORTS psychiatrist.

This is complete destruction, I'm done. Talk to you guys next game but with the way they're playing I think we're probably sitting home again this season. I really hope I miss the greatest comeback in the history of the sport.

I don’t know why I expected anything else than this. Win a damn faceoff. This sucks so much. I can’t deal with it anymore. Every big game. We just love to dig ourselves into a hole. It’s should have never come down to this game

Reactions: RUMountie
Later guys ... will watch RU get another crack vs MD ... jumping over to watch the Penn Relays 4x4 ... RU never won the big one, so maybe we see history.

Actually today exceeded my expectations .... going in expected a PSU win and RU loss ... gotta be in it to win it ... another shot at MD!!!!!

Actually today exceeded my expectations .... going in expected a PSU win and RU loss ... gotta be in it to win it ... another shot at MD!!!!!
Maybe RU will surprise me and win a game we’re not supposed to win

Can’t believe how bad our face offs were. Both guys got schooled. Hope the transfer we have next year is good!

Reactions: RUJMM78
What a total $hit show by us. We were 3-22 in faceoffs. THREE for TWENTY-TWO!!! Think about that. Doesn't Brecht have SOMEONE, ANYONE who specializes in winning freakin' faceoffs????? How can you win when your side has 21 shots to their 35 shots???? That was pathetic. Our defense looked unprepared in the first quarter, and they're usually very stout, but I can't blame them because our illustrious faceoff guys couldn't get it done.

Also, I thought that was one of Heninburg's worst games I've seen by him this year. Sure he scored the last two goals and had an assist(s) but for most of the game he really struggled. And where was RexRode on defense? He allowed his man to get around several times. I think he's our best defenseman, but he had an off game today. Edelmann came on strong as the game progressed but looked shaky in the early going.

Bottom line: if we lose to Maryland I think we're going to get snubbed again by the NCAA committee and that's a damn shame.

As glad as I was that PSU lost and put us in the B1G tourney, I think the entire team including Brecht and staff mentally letdown coming into this game and it showed.

We can only hope they regroup and get some revenge against Maryland. If we win that game the NCAA committee has to put us in the tourney.

Last edited:
Reactions: SJScarlet
Brecht failed as a recruiter to replace Nardella properly. I never thought highly of Francisco as a FO guy. Hope he can recruit goalies because losing Edelmann is a big loss next year.

Reactions: RU MAN
We already have the goalie. Fogos are tough. They don’t always translate. JoJo was having a decent season, not great but ok. Last game and a half has been horrific. Maryland’s fogos are good.

What a total $hit show by us. We were 3-22 in faceoffs. THREE for TWENTY-TWO!!! Think about that. Doesn't Brecht have SOMEONE, ANYONE who specializes in winning freakin' faceoffs.????? How can you win when your side has 21 shots to their 35 shots???? That was pathetic. Our defense looked unprepared, and they're usually very stout, but I can't blame them because our illustrious faceoff guys couldn't get it done.

Also, I thought that was one of Heninburg's worst games I've seen by him this year. Sure he scored the last two goals and had an assist(s) but for most of the game he really struggled. And where was Rowe on defense? He allowed his man to get around him not once, not twice but about five times. And Edelman was NOT sharp at all today.

Bottom line: if we lose to Maryland I think we're going to get snubbed again by the NCAA committee and that's a damn shame.

As glad as I was that PSU lost and put us in the B1G tourney, I think the entire team including Brecht and staff mentally letdown coming into this game and it showed.

We can only hope they regroup and get some revenge against Maryland. If we win that game the NCAA committee has to put us in the tourney.
Are you kidding about the D? Thy held them ton10 goals playing the ball in their end the whole time. It was a great performance on their end.

Are you kidding about the D? Thy held them ton10 goals playing the ball in their end the whole time. It was a great performance on their end.
No I'm not kidding. They were porous all day. Did you even watch the game? Yes we only gave up 10 goals, but we are the better team and we played horribly against them. And did you not read what I said about our "stout" defense. Normally, we're really good and I gave them kudos for that, but they were probably exhausted due to our two $hitty faceoff guys, and how long they had to play out there.

I wouldn't think we are an NCAA tournament team based on today's game. Horrible way to make an impression on the committee. If we don't beat Maryland next week, goodnight season.

No I'm not kidding. They were porous all day. Did you even watch the game? Yes we only gave up 10 goals, but we are the better team and we played horribly against them. And did you not read what I said about our "stout" defense. Normally, we're really good and I gave them kudos for that, but they were probably exhausted due to our two $hitty faceoff guys, and how long they had to play out there.

You’re wrong in the D. If those tables are reversed we put up 15-20.

Reactions: Scarlet83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT