ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 9/19-9/21 Thurs-Sat

Red bandana game maybe but like I said about the Colorado game I think the opponent or big upset aren't as big a "prerequisite" these days lol. Kids just want to get on the field and celebrate for any reason and if you have a close suspenseful game/ending then that can be enough.
This
Wells brings out emotion
Great scene there for that yearly game

Upset in the making BYU up over #14 Kansas St. 31-6 early 3rd
BYU beat SMU at SMU too. Everyone says the B12 is wide open and it is but usually see Utah, KSU, Ok St as the main contenders. UCF a little below them but maybe BYU is making a statement to say hey we're here too.

Reactions: cicero grimes
SIAP - I see that Monmouth had a paycheck game against FIU, and won it 45-42. That is very bad form for any guest. We should never invite them to our place, given that kind of behavior.

• Haha
Reactions: rutgersguy1
SIAP - I see that Monmouth had a paycheck game against FIU, and won it 45-42. That is very bad form for any guest. We should never invite them to our place, given that kind of behavior.
Yea was mentioned earlier in the thread by another poster and I posted the clip where they got a TO at the 1 yd line to seal it. First win over a FBS in their history.

Reactions: newell138
Aranda took a beating in Forde"a column
Yea. I like him but unfortunately it's looking like his goose is cooked. Good DC but one thing I always wondered is if his personality/demeanor would transfer as a HC. There are stoic types that do work but it's not working for him after that B12 championship.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Yea. I like him but unfortunately it's looking like his goose is cooked. Good DC but one thing I always wondered is if his personality/demeanor would transfer as a HC. There are stoic types that do work but it's not working for him after that B12 championship.
He is no Leipold! 😜 To be clear on Lance I think he has done a good job at Kansas, but IMO some people are way to over the top in love with him. If he has sustained succes over a few seasons, I'm convinced. As far as those who wanted him over our coach, we for the right guy for Rutgers. Opinions will vary.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
He is no Leipold! 😜 To be clear on Lance I think he has done a good job at Kansas, but IMO some people are way to over the top in love with him. If he has sustained succes over a few seasons, I'm convinced. As far as those who wanted him over our coach, we for the right guy for Rutgers. Opinions will vary.
People get way over the top in love with everyone or whatever is flavor of the month but that's fandom I suppose. I try to be dispassionate/indifferent when discussing things just for better conversation/debate.

LL has been with AK for awhile so it'll be interesting to see if he can replace him adequately. It's not like LL was a coordinator either. Maybe AK was the secret sauce, who knows. I said before the season I was curious to see how AK would do with the better talent and speed at PSU and so far through 3 weeks, it's been good. So many more explosive plays and productivity out of the offense. If he keeps this up I see HC searches with his name popping up as a candidate in the future which is probably why he went to PSU in the first place. I think the salary was actually about equal to Kansas iirc.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT