ADVERTISEMENT

No class by the HPSS during the Game

The powers that be at Rutgers still seem determined to turn the game experience into a minor league baseball game.
I thought we were done with this when Mr. Brown was shown the door.

Hearing both bands is one of many reason why the college football experience is better than the NFL.

at least we do not get the kisscams or lets make a deal promotions like at the hoops games

Am I the only person who strongly believes that we should be playing Sabotage?

Bands are part of what separates the college game from the pros. It is tradition and spectacle. No conf does marching bands better than the MEAC. They should have played at the half and they should not have been drowned out during the game.

Does anyone remember when the entire stadium would thunder with the "Let's go Rutgers" cheer? It felt good, communal. The RU cheer also used to organicLly spring up, usually while we were on defense. We can't do any of that now with the constant blRing piped in sound.

Reactions: bac2therac
Whenever visiting bands have come to RU, there seemed to be coordination between the bands and scoreboard sound system as to which unit would be playing music at any one time. Obviously, this was not the case yesterday. Is it possible that MSU did not request to the appropriate RU people that their band wanted to be a part of the game day experience? They used their allotment of tickets to give to the band as an 'informal', albeit huge pep band. As a result, RU band and Athletic Dept didn't coordinate with them and carried on with 'business as usual'.
If this is not what happened, I agree with the people who say we disrespected our guests yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT