ADVERTISEMENT

No Jerry Recco tonight

zappaa

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Montclair NJ
Only what appeared to be kids on 88.7
Which you can’t even hear in North Jersey.
All our games last year were on NY tri-state radio

It’s also on 93.5 FM, but not sure if that signal is strong enough by Zap.

88.7 is always student broadcasters. scarletknights.com has recco, as well as the network’s affiliates.

I don't understand why people don't sign up for BTNplus. For $9.95/month you get access to nearly ALL Rutgers sports for one month and for $79.95 you get access for a year. The only sports that are not typically on BTNplus are tennis, rowing and some swimming & diving. Broadcasts are good quality. Dom Savino (ex-WRSU sports person) is doing quite a good job. Highly recommend signing up!

Reactions: Scangg and TRU2RU
very cool to hear cbs let everyone know they have the RU hoops games like four times a hour for the three hours leading up to the pregame

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
I don't understand why people don't sign up for BTNplus. For $9.95/month you get access to nearly ALL Rutgers sports for one month and for $79.95 you get access for a year. The only sports that are not typically on BTNplus are tennis, rowing and some swimming & diving. Broadcasts are good quality. Dom Savino (ex-WRSU sports person) is doing quite a good job. Highly recommend signing up!
Thank you, BTN Plus sales guy. BTW- I’m guessing you are Dom. Just a wild stab in the dark. 😂

Good lord. I have nothing to do with BTN plus. I simply have enjoyed access to all RU sports - softball, baseball, gymnastics, womens and mens basketball, soccer, lacrosse, field hockey, volleyball, and football. I am retired and for $79.95/yr it is truly worth it. When people complain about not getting a radio signal it just baffles me why they don't subscribe to see the actual games. Dom is an RU alum and has been covering an incredible number of games, sometimes two or three in one day, for BTN plus. So I am giving him credit where credit is due. No idea what your problem is.

Last edited:
Good lord. I have nothing to do with BTN plus. I simply have enjoyed access to all RU sports - softball, baseball, gymnastics, womens and mens basketball, soccer, lacrosse, field hockey, volleyball, and football. I am retired and for $79.95/yr it is truly worth it. When people complain about not getting a radio signal it just baffles me why they don't subscribe to see the actual games. Dom is an RU alum and has been covering an incredible number of games, sometimes two or three in one day, for BTN plus. So I am giving him credit where credit is due. No idea what your problem is.
Relax. Just kidding with you. I went to the game tonight so no issues here.

Reactions: Section124
B1G+ is awesome. If you follow the other sports or are a nerd who rewatches games. I'll prob watch this one 3 times 🤣

Reactions: RUHouston
Also on 1450 am "Fox Sports New Jersey" - What a joke that station has become. It has nothing to do with New Jersey. Prior to the RU game they had two dopes from LA talking about themselves. Bring back Lee Schivanian (sp). Thankfully they still run Peggy Balaster Howell on Sunday mornings.

B1G+ is awesome. If you follow the other sports or are a nerd who rewatches games. I'll prob watch this one 3 times 🤣
Agree, I signed up for BTN+ just before tipoff last night. Great live broadcast and looking forward to the SHU game on Thursday.

Only what appeared to be kids on 88.7
Which you can’t even hear in North Jersey.
All our games last year were on NY tri-state radio
I listened to Jerry & Austin last night via the R app. I then proceeded to sign up for a month of B1G + and watched on laptop. Wish they were synced as I’d rather hear Jerry..

Agreed I have done the yearly plan for at least 4 years now you can't beat it if you are a Rutgers sports fan

They had a 50% annual pass deal during the Michigan game. I usually just do the one month for $10 to cover non-conference games, but figured what the heck..

I have it specifically for RU baseball but i have now watched so many other rutgers sports. Well worth the $79 per year.

Reactions: TRU2RU and zappaa
I like the BTN+ coverage because I enjoy listening to the Pep band during the breaks....but hey, you can take the boy out of the band but not the band out of the boy....

I like the BTN+ coverage because I enjoy listening to the Pep band during the breaks....but hey, you can take the boy out of the band but not the band out of the boy....
I watched a good portion of the kids game at half time :)

Reactions: RUHouston
Agree, I signed up for BTN+ just before tipoff last night. Great live broadcast and looking forward to the SHU game on Thursday.
Anyone know how many game are on B10+? I reviewed the schedule on this site and it only listed two.

Also on 1450 am "Fox Sports New Jersey" - What a joke that station has become. It has nothing to do with New Jersey. Prior to the RU game they had two dopes from LA talking about themselves. Bring back Lee Schivanian (sp). Thankfully they still run Peggy Balaster Howell on Sunday mornings.
That's a shame.

I still remember the joy WCTC would bring to me when Jack Ellery would announce we had a snow day

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT