ADVERTISEMENT

Not tough, but tough to watch

ScarletDog

Senior
Gold Member
May 7, 2007
Hate to say it, but this team is just not very tough. Cliff with zero rebounds. We got bullied in the paint. I knew this one would get away when the MS State kid whipped the ball in Simson's face. When someone does that to your teammate, you don't let it go. The MS State kid should have eaten leather at some point shortly after that crap. I was pissed for the rest of the game about that...don't know how the players can let it go that easy.

Agree. I told my wife that this guy better watch his back the rest of the way as I really expected a flagrant foul to be visited upon him. But...nothing!
Sadly, may speak volumes about this team.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
I imagine Baker and Harper were having a hard time watching this game in the arena with all the missed shots.

Hate to say it, but this team is just not very tough. Cliff with zero rebounds. We got bullied in the paint. I knew this one would get away when the MS State kid whipped the ball in Simson's face. When someone does that to your teammate, you don't let it go. The MS State kid should have eaten leather at some point shortly after that crap. I was pissed for the rest of the game about that...don't know how the players can let it go that easy.

Totally agree with you, I thought this would light a fire and team would play with a chip on its shoulder. The chip fell off real quick.

• Sad
Reactions: Scangg
Agree. I told my wife that this guy better watch his back the rest of the way as I really expected a flagrant foul to be visited upon him. But...nothing!
Sadly, may speak volumes about this team.

This is not a connected and in sync group. Not saying that they had to go hammer the Miss St. player (although it would have been nice to see a little fire), but these guys just lack connectivity as a whole. Just a bunch of guys running around in a pickup game getting in their cardio. Pike has not figured out how to bring this group together. Too many new pieces on the roster, obviously. For all the talk we heard about the offseason trip, it’s hard to tell that it’s actually paying off with a team that plays in unison.

Cliff is most definitely an enigma of a “ B1G” dominant center. Now he may reverse the past game and play well in the future but something is off . Quick jumper, very good shot blocker but for reasons which baffle me he gets bullied sometime. The Mississippi State center 6’10” 295 lbs. pushed him all around. I ‘m old school but nothing has changed over the years. Rebounding is more about heart, desire and having an attitude …” that’s my ball” . He’s been listed at 6’10” 6’11” 235-240lbs for several years now. Body fat like 5% … WTF does that mean? He looks great in his Speedo? Sometime the guy with a little fat / bulk is the better rebounder.Larry Bird couldn’t jump more than a foot off the ground ( hypothetically ) but he could board with the best. Cliff has been a funk… we hope.

• Wow
Reactions: cRURah
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT