ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Omoruyi sets decision date

What happened with Montez Mathis recruiting? I don't recall the details on that one.
Practically everyone, myself included, thought Mathis was done to Connecticut. I believe Rich even declared that Mathis was not coming to RU.

This message board was...unhappy.

Two or three days before his announcement date one of my most reliable mid-Atlantic sources & I were talking about different kids & he told me that Mathis was committing to Rutgers.

I updated Rich then reported that on this board.

People were happy.

Mathis committed & people were happier.

I laughed because I don't like the Connecticut men's basketball program.

The end.

Practically everyone, myself included, thought Mathis was done to Connecticut. I believe Rich even declared that Mathis was not coming to RU.

This message board was...unhappy.

Two or three days before his announcement date one of my most reliable mid-Atlantic sources & I were talking about different kids & he told me that Mathis was committing to Rutgers.

I updated Rich then reported that on this board.

People were happy.

Mathis committed & people were happier.

I laughed because I don't like the Connecticut men's basketball program.

The end.
It was quite the event. You also had the details on who was steering him where. Awesome job that week

His top 5 had Kentucky and UConn on the outside, eliminated, the next 2 are Auburn and ASU with Rutgers in the middle, good enough for me.

Mostly ASU photos. Even have their own feed.

well, hopefully we still get him....if anything, the vibe has gone in our direction a bit lately...... Cliff has to be impressed with how the RU fans treated him at his last visit to the RAC, and how everyone turned out for his high school tourney game.... we DO have the advantage of being local, and being able to do this

if he chooses ASU, he will know he has disappointed so many local fans, that he is also passing up being a local hero here, where I doubt he gets nearly the fan
fare at ASU.....

it might not be enough, but we can hope it is....we left no stone unturned on this one.

They are not. Two changed to RU, but for some reason the table shows what is was "as of March 1"

We will never get this tournament back, it’s gut wrenching and will continue to be for awhile. However, the signing of Cliff would be a very good consolation heading into the off season.

Particularly the guys who cover Rutgers recruiting.
I don’t know which guys cover Rutgers recruiting. I’m guessing Futurecast is more reliable than FanFuture cast. But since it’s all there and you know what to make of the available info, why not just say it? What is the info Out there point to?

When are you going to make your updated pick? Key word in that previous sentence is updated.
At this point I don't know if I will.

On Sunday I texted with one person who believes that RU is gaining ground.

I texted with another person who told me that there is "nothing new it's either them (meaning Rutgers) or ASU. Will find out in a week or so."

I was in touch with Omoruyi's guardian two weeks ago but the two people I texted with on Sunday are much closer to Omoruyi's recruitment than I am.

I was at his game at Essex CC vs Patrick School and then their final game at Dunn center in Elizabeth - he is a STUD!! He dominated the Patrick School. Wow RU will win a lot of games with this kid. Active, energetic, always sprinting down court and pogo stick jumper, rebounder and shot blocker!

I was at his game at Essex CC vs Patrick School and then their final game at Dunn center in Elizabeth - he is a STUD!! He dominated the Patrick School. Wow RU will win a lot of games with this kid. Active, energetic, always sprinting down court and pogo stick jumper, rebounder and shot blocker!
Excellent motor. Offensive skills are behind his defensive skills, that's kinda normal for African kids, but the kid is fun to watch.

Reactions: BillyC80
Why does this fan base always believe because our students chant” we want Cliff’” that it holds any value...don’t know or honestly care if he chooses Rutgers or Desert Rats...these people are not advisors they are nothing more than handlers ... you all know the other term $$$$ profiteers ... this has been decided months ago... Pikiell , staff and team did a remarkable job and that is all RU could do... we will see what happens but I would not be devastated nor surprised ... just remember our record in closing this type level guy.

Last edited:
Why does this fan base always believe because our students chant” we want Cliff’” that it holds any value...don’t know or honestly care if he chooses Rutgers or Desert Rats...these people are not advisors they are nothing more than handlers ... you all know the other term $$$$ profiteers ... this has been decided months ago... Pikiell , staff and team did a remarkable job and that is all RU could do... we will see what happens but I would not be devastated nor surprised ... just remember our record in closing this type level guy.

Not a prediction, but we are coming off of a tournament year for the first time since these kids’ parents were in college. Look at the 2021 kid.

Reactions: biazza38

Why are you posting on this thread if you don't caRe if he picks RU or ASU?

Because I have been down this same road for over 55 years with Rutgers ... I would bet that’s your chronological age in fact you may be younger... as I said Rutger’s has done a great job but my gut tells me this is going down the same as say Tim Thomas ... that one hurt big time... so that’s why I post... I bleed Scarlet like many others...what I can’t control I don’t waste precious energy on... There will be others who will choose Rutgers... Coach Pikiell is the right man... maybe Cliff will surprise even me .

Reactions: Arizona Knight
Ok. Well why did you pick ASU a few weeks ago?
In October I got some info from someone I trust. Everything he had pointed toward ASU. At that point the word was that Omoruyi would be announcing in the spring. Long time between October and spring so I just filed the info away and decided to check in with this person in March. A few weeks ago I checked in with him again and he was still saying ASU and that Omoruyi would be announcing in a few weeks. So I made my pick.

He is the same person who last week told me that there is "nothing new it's either them (meaning Rutgers) or ASU. Will find out in a week or so."

Reactions: sct1111
In October I got some info from someone I trust. Everything he had pointed toward ASU. At that point the word was that Omoruyi would be announcing in the spring. Long time between October and spring so I just filed the info away and decided to check in with this person in March. A few weeks ago I checked in with him again and he was still saying ASU and that Omoruyi would be announcing in a few weeks. So I made my pick.

He is the same person who last week told me that there is "nothing new it's either them (meaning Rutgers) or ASU. Will find out in a week or so."
350.png

Because I have been down this same road for over 55 years with Rutgers ... I would bet that’s your chronological age in fact you may be younger... as I said Rutger’s has done a great job but my gut tells me this is going down the same as say Tim Thomas ... that one hurt big time... so that’s why I post... I bleed Scarlet like many others...what I can’t control I don’t waste precious energy on... There will be others who will choose Rutgers... Coach Pikiell is the right man... maybe Cliff will surprise even me .
Lance Thomas as well

I don't expect Cliff to sign with us but I sure care if he comes here or not. Kid would be a difference maker here.

If not Cliff, let there be a top transfer. Better yet, both!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT