ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Omoruyi sets decision date

In these times would you want to go far from home?
Its a fair question. Even when this dies down a bit it will resurface 8 months from now likely because we still won’t have a commercially viable vaccine by then even though it should be close. If i were Cliff id seriously take that into consideration. Having people you're close to nearby is very important in situations like this.

Reactions: Wolv RU
Everything I'm reading and inferring from social media, I think Cliff has picked RU a while ago. He follows pretty much everyone on the RU team including incoming freshman Dean Reiber and his religious beliefs also are in line with our team mantra.

Culture is a better word than mantra. If you follow the team on IG and Twitter, most of the team have a religious "everything happens for a reason" beliefs in messages and IG stories they all post, including after the end of this season. Cliff and Jaden also have posts in line with our team's culture. Same reason I think McClung and some players won't fit our culture.

Why do you say that?
Elite players are surrounded by lots of folks. What we think makes sense probably doesn’t enter the decision-making process of the elite player and the folks around him who are most likely not “Rutgers” people.

I wish I knew how much our players are in contact with him. That would strongly influence my opinion about whether he will end up coming here.

I wish I knew how much our players are in contact with him. That would strongly influence my opinion about whether he will end up coming here.

A1-BBAFFE-2-DA1-4-D3-A-BCF7-639-D0-D7-AE809.png

LvZVdhZ

Last edited:
Elite players are surrounded by lots of folks. What we think makes sense probably doesn’t enter the decision-making process of the elite player and the folks around him who are most likely not “Rutgers” people.
If what I have been told Omoruyi's guardian (or maybe adoptive father) Muhammad Oliver is the trigger man in Omoruyi's recruitment. Any other folks floating around are just folks floating around.

247 Crystal Ball still says 100% ASU as all of their people have predicted this. It’s been like this for months now. They have usually been right but it will be a good test as to how credible they continue to be.

247 Crystal Ball still says 100% ASU as all of their people have predicted this. It’s been like this for months now. They have usually been right but it will be a good test as to how credible they continue to be.
The most recent predictions are usually the most accurate and Rivals has 3 predictions more recent than any of the 247 predictions. All of the 3 say Rutgers for what it's worth.

The most recent predictions are usually the most accurate and Rivals has 3 predictions more recent than any of the 247 predictions. All of the 3 say Rutgers for what it's worth.
Please post the link to Rivals' Omoruyi predictions. Thanks.

Please post the link to Rivals' Omoruyi predictions. Thanks.

The three guys who write for this site (Richie, Chris, DeAnte) have put in FutureCasts for RU in the past couple of weeks, but everybody else (national guys, ASU guys, etc.) previously picked ASU.

Praying our guys have the better info.

The final 2 for Cliff just a few months ago were Arizona State and RU....

Arizona State, with a bunch of highly ranked players, just lost back to back games to rival Arizona and the Sun Devils have fallen to 4-8 on the season.

Really glad and crystal clear how stark the difference is for at least the 1st half of the 2020-21 between RU and ASU. Thank you Cliff for picking RU....

Watched parts of the last 2 ASU games and they play a wild, run and gun version of basketball. Definitely would not have been the right fit for big Cliff out there.

I noticed that yesterday, ASU was 4-7 this year going into a matchup with Arizona. Guess they lost. I don't think he regrets his decision one bit even if ASU was doing well. Stark difference playing in the B1G and the Pac 12 right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT