ADVERTISEMENT

On to MSG for a big one !

ScarletKid2008

All American
Sep 8, 2006
Bergen County, NJ
Big game on Saturday at MSG vs Mich St. Important for the program on many levels.

The obvious is that RU is clustered with about 10 other teams in the conference standings. MSU and RU feel like two that should emerge from that group so this game is going to weigh heavy on final standings and conference tournament byes.

For the program, its important that they handle the different environment well. That the players don't tense up under a different stage. Its not quite like being the visiting team in which you can take that us vs the world mentality. They'll need to generate their own energy.

And that leads me to the last point. This is an important game for the fan base, our perception, our brand value, etc. We need a big showing from Rutgers Nation in NYC. The game is on FOX at a premier slot. We have to make it known that its a "home" game. Make it known that RU and NYC are synonymous.

It should be fun. It can be really special. Lets hope it all comes together on Saturday at noon.

+ it's a nice flat trip on a nice flat earth to get there. Shouldn't expend much energy.

I have not. Enlighten me !
G- RUnit (and possibly some other posters but he has leaned into by far the hardest) is convinced that there was some conspiracy whereby Tom Izzo convinced the league to move this game to MSG because he is scared to play at the RAC.

He's also convinced that the Big Ten is screwing us somehow by having us give up alternating home/away games for neutral site games.

G- RUnit (and possibly some other posters but he has leaned into by far the hardest) is convinced that there was some conspiracy whereby Tom Izzo convinced the league to move this game to MSG because he is scared to play at the RAC.
Izzo is def happy he doesn’t have to be at The RAC

But his preference is def NOT why the game was moved to msg

How many alums do we have in Hoboken and Jersey city? Has to be well into thousands.

Need a massive showing from them, no excuses.

Reactions: gef21
Bergen and Essex counties too. This isn’t like playing football at Yankee Stafium and asking fans to sit there in the cold in an awful environment. We may have less local season ticket holders in attendance, but this is a game where a good number of casual fans from the north part of the state will make an effort to get to if they can.

We’ll be there! with tons of others!!! There are people I know going who haven’t been ti a basketball game in 10 years if not longer!

@a1ext
I just looked on ticketmaster most of the 200's at the garden are sold just a few hundred I know they have been adding sections as needed and I am sure if the walk up is heavy they will add more; I have no idea what that means as far as the number is it 12,000 total sold maybe 13,000 not sure but should be a strong strong Rutgers crowd!!

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT