ADVERTISEMENT

ONE FG last 11 minutes

Jones was massively overrated by everyone here. He was ranked barely in the top 150.

Where's the 12 minutes without a Merrimack field goal thread? I'd much prefer that one than the one that's ripping into our players.
Im sorry but now is not the time to gloat about shutting down the Bullshit team that is merrimack

Im sorry but now is not the time to gloat about shutting down the Bullshit team that is merrimack
I'd rather see that on our Rutgers message board than some negative thread about RU not being able to shoot. Besides, I'm not gloating - I just want people to calm the F down and stop acting so hysterical.

This team very unprepared against the zone and that’s on the coaching staff
And it’s not a pure zone ; it’s a matchup. I sound like a broken record but it’s one of the reasons why we didn’t score much and looked clueless. You can’t run straight man stuff against it. You need to run man stuff and motion because screens and cutters confuse the matchup

Not surprised by anything this team is who I thought it would be and glad they’re 2-0

Nobody cares. Stop trying to make it seem impressive. It's not.
I didn't try to make it seem impressive, I pointed out a fact that you're conveniently ignoring so you can continue your rant. We have issues, preeminent among them is the lack of a point guard, and it's hard to watch. In the meantime, since we're only two games in, maybe you should stop being so over-the-top righteous in your pronouncements against the team. It's tiresome.

Reactions: RW90 and mikebal9
I didn't try to make it seem impressive, I pointed out a fact that you're conveniently ignoring so you can continue your rant. We have issues, preeminent among them is the lack of a point guard, and it's hard to watch. In the meantime, since we're only two games in, maybe you should stop being so over-the-top righteous in your pronouncements against the team. It's tiresome.
It’s more of the point that us not making a basket in 11 minutes is more significant than them not making a bucket in 12.

Really not complicated.

It's 12 minutes.
Lets not forget that it took more than 5 minutes for Rutgers to score a point at the start of the game.The team was clueless in attacking the zone defense which is hard to accept with so many experienced players starting.

It’s more of the point that us not making a basket in 11 minutes is more significant than them not making a bucket in 12.

Really not complicated.
I understand the point since it's an easy one, but our fans go so far off the rails sometimes and it doesn't help. Just as some folks migrate toward negativity, others go to sunshine and lollipops. A middle ground is usually a better bet. There are varying degrees of the expression of frustration (I once broke a flat screen watching our football team thanks to Nova throwing another pick), but some of the arguments and statements on here are end-of-times-type stuff. It's not like it's never happened before that we (or anyone, for that matter) have/has sucked, only to recover and have a better season than expected.

He’s not overrated. His defense may be a bit shaky but we need to score. I did not like 2 consecutive sequences when Caleb did not even look Jones way to pass the ball. Right in front of me.

I noticed this too. He was wide open in the corner.

I understand the point since it's an easy one, but our fans go so far off the rails sometimes and it doesn't help. Just as some folks migrate toward negativity, others go to sunshine and lollipops. A middle ground is usually a better bet. There are varying degrees of the expression of frustration (I once broke a flat screen watching our football team thanks to Nova throwing another pick), but some of the arguments and statements on here are end-of-times-type stuff. It's not like it's never happened before that we (or anyone, for that matter) have/has sucked, only to recover and have a better season than expected.
I can’t speak for others, but I’ve been pretty consistent in my opinion of the core players on the team and Pike.

Lets not forget that it took more than 5 minutes for Rutgers to score a point at the start of the game.The team was clueless in attacking the zone defense which is hard to accept with so many experienced players starting.
I agree with that and hope/expect Pike to figure out the lineups that will work, but I'm not freaking out just yet. I remember being pissed off beyond belief when Cinci throttled us at home (football) in IIRC the second game of the season in 2009. It was embarrassing and completely unexpected. Then Cinci went undefeated and Kelly left for Notre Dame. So it remains to be seen just how good our opponents are and what we need to do to get our heads right. Against Lehigh it looked like we expected to out-athlete them on every play even when it was obvious they were completely holding their own and we didn't seem to mentally adjust.

Net-net, I don't have the fuller picture yet of our team or those we're playing, so am not jumping off a bridge anytime soon and certainly not going to attack other posters for not being negative enough. There's plenty of time to lose our minds, it's just too early for that.

Reactions: Rhuarc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT