ADVERTISEMENT

Only 4,002 tonight

Start the week nights games at 7:30 or 8:00PM. Most games are on Big 10 network which services mainly mid-West (central time zone). Who's watching games at 6:00PM in Chicago, Iowa etc.??

If you want that B1G money you gotta play when they say.

Start the week nights games at 7:30 or 8:00PM. Most games are on Big 10 network which services mainly mid-West (central time zone). Who's watching games at 6:00PM in Chicago, Iowa etc.??
And then bump the second game of the night on BTN to 9:30 or 10:00 Eastern? No, that's not an option.

What's your commute to the RAC like? Where do you work/live? Try putting yourself in someone else's shoes.

I am about 30 minutes away.....you either go to the games or you dont...cant be making up excuses on 7PM causing only 4K to come to games when we 8 million plus people to choose from

almost all of it has to do with not winning at any kind of level..but 4K is still poor for a conference game excuses or not

I'm not sure what we're arguing here. No one is disputing that winning is what is important. Winning makes it fun and in the end people go to games to be entertained and have fun. But we're not a winning team and haven't been close to one in a generation almost. What we're trying to explain is the difference between 7,400 on Sunday and 4,000 three days later. Or 6,000 for a top shelf Michigan State team and a sellout 2 1/2 weeks in advance for Purdue. At this point in our program for most people the Aggravation/Difficulty of Getting to a 7:00 game in Central Jersey > Fun Factor. Clearly. 4,000 is bad, no question.

OK, sure not everyone lives nearby. Not everyone wants to drive at the wrong time or for the wrong distance. The team has been god-awful too many times and has an absurd NCAA Tournament drought.

Whatever any individual's reason is, fine. No issues. Some validity everywhere. And I would never argue with anyone over not going to a game. You spend your entertainment dollars and your time as you wish. No issues there, either.

BUT for a school in a major conference -- with fans that get so upset whenever an outsider make a crack about our "fan base" -- to draw 4,000 for a league game is just plain weak. Pathetic. Embarrassing. Deserving of derision. A joke. One would think there has to be more people than that within a reasonable distance that want to support their school, their local team, major college basketball, whatever.

I sat in that building when there were 1300 people for George Washington. I sat in the student section when turnout was so bad for so long that a player actually noticed when I missed a game. So yes, it could be worse. But it's not good, even for a perennial loser.

Reactions: Local Shill
ADVERTISEMENT