ADVERTISEMENT

OT: #12 Oregon Obliterated by Unranked BYU

This is a horrible loss for Oregon, but BYU Is no slouch. They are coming off a win against San Diego State (usually the best Mountain West team). West Coast Conference looks strong this year.

Young is a beast. But he giveths and takeths haha. I don’t get the obsession. Could we use him? Yes! But he’s not here and is a 24 year old still playing college ball. Thank him for how he helped push us into the tourney and move on.

on a side note without an agenda that is quite a whooping. Didn’t expect that to be the final regardless of who won.

BYU guards can shoot from outside. Their top 3 scorers are guards, and are shooting 61.5%, 42.9%, and 57.1%, respectively, from 3 PT for the season so far. There's a huge drop-off in 3 PT shooting percentage for the rest of the team though, but it looks like they have 3 consistent deep threats.. Against Oregon BYU shot 59.6% overall as a team, 40.9% from 3, and their top three guards shot a combined 18-26 from the floor and 8-13 from 3. They seem well coached too.

Looking at box score if they played man to man Oregon guards played shitty defense. BYU guards accounted for 50 of the 81 pts

Legit question. Are byu players older? Do they do their mission before or after college. So some may be 20 year old freshman.
Not sure about the rest of the team, but their 3 top scorers and sharpshooting guards are all transfers in, and all played multiple years at other schools.

Alex Barcello- HS class of 2017. Arizona 2017-2019. BYU 2019-2022

Te'Jon Lucas- HS class of 2016. Illinois 2016-2018, Milwaukee 2019-2021, BYU 2021-2022

Spencer Johnson - HS class of 2016. Did mission, then Weber State, then Utah Valley University, then Salt Lake Community College, then BYU 2020-2022.

BYU guards can shoot from outside. Their top 3 scorers are guards, and are shooting 61.5%, 42.9%, and 57.1%, respectively, from 3 PT for the season so far. There's a huge drop-off in 3 PT shooting percentage for the rest of the team though, but it looks like they have 3 consistent deep threats.. Against Oregon BYU shot 59.6% overall as a team, 40.9% from 3, and their top three guards shot a combined 18-26 from the floor and 8-13 from 3. They seem well coached too.
We aren’t even shooting 61.5% on layups.

Reactions: koleszar
Young is a beast. But he giveths and takeths haha. I don’t get the obsession. Could we use him? Yes! But he’s not here and is a 24 year old still playing college ball. Thank him for how he helped push us into the tourney and move on.

on a side note without an agenda that is quite a whooping. Didn’t expect that to be the final regardless of who won.
That was the bad JY. He looked really out of sorts.

Reactions: MV9000
Jacob Young tweeted “Thank you UO” right after that game, since the Ducks season is over

I don’t wish JY any ill will or want to see him do bad. I met him through a work thing a couple of years ago and he’s a great guy. It’s just that Oregon might as well be on the moon to me. Just not very interested in what they do and I’ll never understand the bizarre obsession from a few posters over a player long gone that keeps spawning these threads.

Guys ...give it a rest

I get really ticked off at kyk and a couple of others for some of the arguments made on the one side of it

Now...that he has a lousy game ...why does the reverse need to brought up

Jacob was a good player from us . He helped us to two NCAA bids. He isn’t Michael Jordan and he isn’t a walk in

Just leave it be and let’s focus on our season ...

if anything I hope Rutgers, St. John’s , UCLA and Oregon comprise final four this year ...

Legit question. Are byu players older? Do they do their mission before or after college. So some may be 20 year old freshman.
Some do their mission before college, some during, some after. Doing the mission before college does mean the kid has two years to physically develop -- but two years without playing competitive basketball takes a toll on maintaining and improving skills. So BYU teams aren't anything special.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT