ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021 Tokyo Olympics Thread

I’m not saying that Equestrian riders aren’t fit / athletic, But how is Equestrian jumping an Olympic Sport? Isn’t that more of a test of the horses’ athletic ability rather than the human rider???
How is horse racing a sport?

E8KZgwyVoAYUG3m

Was nice performance. Excellent team defense + Durant.

I'm impressed by the quality of basketball on the world stage. This was never a gimmee for the USA. France is a damn good team. So is Spain, and some other squads.

Very satisfying win the USA tonight. Defense + Durant. All credit to France, though. They are an excellent team. FIBA-ball is definitely harder than NBA. Very physical. I like how the ball can be played off the rim.

Reactions: cm_13
Very satisfying win the USA tonight. Defense + Durant. All credit to France, though. They are an excellent team. FIBA-ball is definitely harder than NBA. Very physical. I like how the ball can be played off the rim.
I didn’t know that was a thing. When I saw Draymond knocking de Colo’s free throw off of the rim my immediate reaction was “Wtf is he doing!?”

I didn’t know that was a thing. When I saw Draymond knocking de Colo’s free throw off of the rim my immediate reaction was “Wtf is he doing!?”
I coached basketball for a long time in the US and then coached in Vietnam under FIBA rules. More than a few differences that you have to adjust to.

US women’s 4x400 will have both Jersey Girls running for their 2nd gold medals. Athing Mu and Sydney McLaughlin. Smart move putting them on the squad. Race is live at 8:30am today

Men’s 1500 comes on at 7:40. Oregon runner Cole Hocker could surprise with a medal

Eagles QB Randall Cunningham’s daughter,Vashti, competing live now for a medal in the women’s high Jump
1324727115.jpg

Last edited:
France played well and made US team look very beatable.
Why we never send lights out three point shooters like other teams do?
We simply suck at shooting the threes.
We have so many open threes that are not converted.
The way we pick the team has to change.

What’s some of the other differences?
The biggest differences are little things that coaches worry about. All timeouts come from the bench, players can't call timeout. Last 2 minutes if the opponent scores you can take the ball out at midcourt like the NBA. You can't call a timeout after an offensive score until the final 2 minutes.
If you're inbounding the ball at half court a player can't go in the backcourt unlike US scholastic rules.
That's a few.
If you have the ball and fall down or get up from the floor in possesion it's a travel in the US while FIBA you can fall down but you can't get up. Also if you're on the floor with the ball you can roll over in FIBA but in the US that's a travel.

Last edited:
Been watching a lot of Olympic wrestling and I've enjoyed it.
The final in the Super heavyweight division was incredible. It was a kid named Gable Steveson (named after USA wrestling legend Dan Gable) who was NCAA champion from Minnesota against a Georgian who is a 3X world champ.
Steveson was down 8-5 with 15 seconds to go which is a big lead at this level with that amount of time. The kid had two takedowns in 15 seconds, the second one with 0.3 seconds left to win!!!
Then at 275 pounds the kid does a Simone Biles like back flip!!!
I pasted an article but you can find it on Youtube but it's blocked for me.

France played well and made US team look very beatable.
Why we never send lights out three point shooters like other teams do?
We simply suck at shooting the threes.
We have so many open threes that are not converted.
The way we pick the team has to change.
Yeah, change is necessary so we can win a medal better than gold.

Reactions: robcac26
Been watching a lot of Olympic wrestling and I've enjoyed it.
The final in the Super heavyweight division was incredible. It was a kid named Gable Steveson (named after USA wrestling legend Dan Gable) who was NCAA champion from Minnesota against a Georgian who is a 3X world champ.
Steveson was down 8-5 with 15 seconds to go which is a big lead at this level with that amount of time. The kid had two takedowns in 15 seconds, the second one with 0.3 seconds left to win!!!
Then at 275 pounds the kid does a Simone Biles like back flip!!!
I pasted an article but you can find it on Youtube but it's blocked for me.

Did he win with a chair shot or People's elbow?

Reactions: knightfan7 and fsg2
This could be the worst Olympic team we have ever sent.
The only sport I think we are still a huge favorite is women's gymnastics. And anything can happen on a beam.
Everything is now a struggle.
Men's basketball team can't beat anyone.
Women's basketball is getting blown out.
Where is Brady when we need him to win the Olympics?

I don't think this post by Kapy is aging well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT