ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022-2023 English Premier League Season.

Saw the scroll showing ManU lost to Brentford by 4-0. Have they ever been relegated? I mean, c'mon, they have loads of $$ and talent and that's the best they can do?

Saw the scroll showing ManU lost to Brentford by 4-0. Have they ever been relegated? I mean, c'mon, they have loads of $$ and talent and that's the best they can do?
It was 4-0 in the first half. Coasted from there.

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
No one complains whenever they spent all of that money for all of these years. I guess they’ve been spending it on the wrong players the last decade. 🤷🏻‍♂️

No one complains whenever they spent all of that money for all of these years. I guess they’ve been spending it on the wrong players the last decade. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Guess the wrong players? 90mm ish for Harry Maguire. 85mm for Sancho who is invisible. 40mm for Varane. 40mm for van de beek. 50mm for wan bissaka. Lukaku. 50mm for Fred! Alexis Sanchez. Brought in di Maria shipped him right out. Mkhytarian and Kagawa (seems to be a trend with Dortmund). Way overpay for Luke Shaw. And not even mention the overall (non)return they got from Pogba. It will take years to get back to where Man U wants to be.

Guess the wrong players? 90mm ish for Harry Maguire. 85mm for Sancho who is invisible. 40mm for Varane. 40mm for van de beek. 50mm for wan bissaka. Lukaku. 50mm for Fred! Alexis Sanchez. Brought in di Maria shipped him right out. Mkhytarian and Kagawa (seems to be a trend with Dortmund). Way overpay for Luke Shaw. And not even mention the overall (non)return they got from Pogba. It will take years to get back to where Man U wants to be.
Those players cost high transfer fees because they were playing well at the club they came from, and some have done well at the clubs they played for after ManU. Some have even done well at other EPL clubs so it can’t all be blamed on players not adjusting to the EPL style of play.

There is something broken within ManU that needs to be fixed, or no incoming players are going to make a difference.

Reactions: RuSnp
Those players cost high transfer fees because they were playing well at the club they came from, and some have done well at the clubs they played for after ManU. Some have even done well at other EPL clubs so it can’t all be blamed on players not adjusting to the EPL style of play.

There is something broken within ManU that needs to be fixed, or no incoming players are going to make a difference.
I agree there are issues beyond the players themselves. How many coaches/styles in the last 5 years for example? But HM for example was never worth that kind of fee nor Fred.

Taylor was awful today and normally a great ref. Spurs very lucky.
Taylor will take the brunt of the criticism for what I assume are the 2 plays prior to Spurs goals. However the “tackle” from his angle, the ball went in the direction of Bentencuer’s foot movement. The side judge might have a better angle. Then the hair pull went to VAR, and was not overturned, not Taylor’s fault. And Romero was being held too prior to him tugging on his hair, probably why it wasn’t called.

Spurs never get a result against Chelsea especially at the Bridge, I’ll take it gladly.

Reactions: cshelley
COYS!!!!

Crazy finish at the Bridge. Spurs come back to get a point. Tuchel and Conte going after each other.
Crazy finish is right. Love the early season passion, these games matter. that was one heck of a hostile handshake at the end hahahah

Saw something about Elon Musk buying Man U. Is that true? Like him or not, the guy just plows ahead and does sh!t. Damn the torpedoes!
I love it
Not a Man U fan myself. Arsenal is my team even though I hate the manager. Sooner we ditch Eddie Munster the better. He wins just enough to not get fired.😡
West Ham and Wolverhampton are my back ups. Daughter is a Spurs fan.

I agree there are issues beyond the players themselves. How many coaches/styles in the last 5 years for example? But HM for example was never worth that kind of fee nor Fred.
And now rumors of a Maguire swap for Puli, which would be something. Dest possibility for United as well. Casemiro quality signing but boy, that's some expense for a 30 yr old.

Really entertaining start to Leeds vs Chelsea. Great end to end futbol

Mendy choked up one to gift Aaronson the opener. Common Leeds

Leeds are fun to watch. Great effort all around running all day.
Turning into a real physical match too, besides being so fast paced. Can Leeds keep this pace up for 90?

Also Brighton up on West Ham early

Turning into a real physical match too, besides being so fast paced. Can Leeds keep this pace up for 90?

Also Brighton up on West Ham early
It is interesting they tried this approach last week with temps near 100 degrees and I felt they faded a bit. JM will need to use his subs well I think.

It is interesting they tried this approach last week with temps near 100 degrees and I felt they faded a bit. JM will need to use his subs well I think.
But are his subs at the same level as the starters? That’s the issue “smaller” teams face.

But are his subs at the same level as the starters? That’s the issue “smaller” teams face.
No and Bamford out means James isn't a bench option. So you are right it is a concern. Fun right now though

No and Bamford out means James isn't a bench option. So you are right it is a concern. Fun right now though
I'd imagine we will see Klich and Sinisterra 75 min mark or so. I honestly don't know the other guys on the bench but I think this is a max subs match.

Leeds dominated Chelsea, Tuchel, great manager but a big time whiner, dislike him.

Brighton beating West Ham, Potter for Brighton is a good manager also.

Have you paid attention to the Yankees the last 7 weeks??!!!

Love how Arsenal has started this season. The Gunners have won 3 matches they would typically, maybe, get 4 points out of the start of the year. Really like the aggressive style they are playing and the teamwork I’m seeing out there on the pitch so far.

Reactions: MoreCowbellRU
New Castle giving Man City all they can handle. Up 2-1 on the champs.

Reactions: RuSnp
I am a broken record but Pulisic in this side would be something special
Which side New Castle or City? In my opinion if City Pulisic sees less playing time than at Chelsea. If New Castle then I can see him as an upgrade over Almiron, but Almiron has an extremely high work rate, much higher than Pulisic.

Again in my opinion Pulisic doesn’t start for any of the big 6, maybe Man U, because of how dysfunctional they are.

Which side New Castle or City? In my opinion if City Pulisic sees less playing time than at Chelsea. If New Castle then I can see him as an upgrade over Almiron, but Almiron has an extremely high work rate, much higher than Pulisic.

Again in my opinion Pulisic doesn’t start for any of the big 6, maybe Man U, because of how dysfunctional they are.
No not City. Toon.

3-3 great assist from deBruyne to Silva for the equalizer

ADVERTISEMENT