ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2023-2024 English Premier League Season.

Chelsea spending more, another 45 million dollars on Crystal Palace Wing, Olise.

Chelsea spending more, another 45 million dollars on Crystal Palace Wing, Olise.
Premier League financial rules appear to be similar to NCAA football rules.

If you are a big enough brand, they are just a suggestion, nothing binding.

Reactions: famousbill19
Premier League financial rules appear to be similar to NCAA football rules.

If you are a big enough brand, they are just a suggestion, nothing binding.
Or you don't understand them.

Chelsea easily covered with the sales they made this year. The only way it would hurt is if they don't get back to Champs in the next 2 seasons.

Or you don't understand them.

Chelsea easily covered with the sales they made this year. The only way it would hurt is if they don't get back to Champs in the next 2 seasons.
I agree they sold off so much this summer their overall spend might even be negative,

However, they managed to accumulate a huge squad in the last few years, many through transfer, somehow without the rules being broken.

Michael Olise has rejected Chelsea and committed to another four years with Crystal Palace

Michael Olise has rejected Chelsea and committed to another four years with Crystal Palace
Yup and Reece picked up a new hammy injury as always. He's amazing when on the pitch but is never healthy which sucks. He's such a key since he can do it all on the right.

Meanwhile Spurs have Kane money burning a hole in their pocket.

Yup and Reece picked up a new hammy injury as always. He's amazing when on the pitch but is never healthy which sucks. He's such a key since he can do it all on the right.

Meanwhile Spurs have Kane money burning a hole in their pocket.
Levy being Levy

First look at Kane-less Spurs. I think they will surprise to the upside this year (they are my surprise top 4 pick this year - I got lucky last year with Newcastle will see if the streak continues). Might take a few games to get right (this Brentford away is tricky) but there's still an awful lot of attacking talent even without Kane and a manager who wants to score. The trio of Son, Maddison, and Kulu is pretty impressive. They will be entertaining to watch at least.
Spurs looked good today. They need a 9. But Maddison was such a smart signing. Bournemouth needs Adams asap and it will still be a battle to stay up IMO.

2RMAT2A-copy-600x400.jpg

Reactions: JMORC2003
Yessuurrr... epic comeback by Liverpool and redemption for Nunez.
From Trent's early yellow to the very end...
Love the emotion,
Beating Newcastle at home (esp with the Mo rumors),
Down at halftime,
Down a man (... captain and defensive leader nonetheless)
Way to step up, Joey and Joel
Allison w/ the save of the year

Great game, great win. YNWA

Last edited:
Very good NLD, Spurs proving they belong with the big boys again. Still young and will make mistakes but great to see them playing fun attacking football again.

NewCastle getting their mojo back.

Poch has to be feeling the heat soon if not already, tough start for Chelsea. A lot of talent just haven’t gelled yet.

Very good NLD, Spurs proving they belong with the big boys again. Still young and will make mistakes but great to see them playing fun attacking football again.

NewCastle getting their mojo back.

Poch has to be feeling the heat soon if not already, tough start for Chelsea. A lot of talent just haven’t gelled yet.
Absolutely not on your last paragraph.

Why do you say that? Fans are okay with the start?

Did you hear the booing today?
He's had no time here. I don't care if dumb fans boo. It's a project that needs time not sacking yet another manager in less than a year.

He's had no time here. I don't care if dumb fans boo. It's a project that needs time not sacking yet another manager in less than a year.
Feeling the heat, as I said, does not mean fired today or soon. It means feeling some pressure to get results soon. Even Poch’s reaction to the fans after the recent loss was out of character for him.

Newcastle sticks it to sheffield united 8-0. Sheffield looked disinterested the entire match.

Disgraceful refereeing, a meaningless PGMOL apology, and shameless for you to celebrate. It was 14 vs 11 and it still took a last minute OG for you to beat us.
3 pts is 3 pts. You've had your share of bad officiating go your way too.

3 pts is 3 pts. You've had your share of bad officiating go your way too.

All more debatable parts of the game (handball, foul or no foul etc)... yesterdays cards were a joke, but the disallowed goal with no lines drawn is borderline corruption and inexcusable.

Like I said, 14 v 11 and it still took an unlucky last minute mistake on our part for you to win. Go scratch.

Looks like Angel Hernandez is getting ready for his next career.

I’m a Spurs fan. We are a couple of months into a new project with one of the youngest teams in the league.

I never expected to be undefeated this far into the season and know very well it won’t last. I will never apologize for celebrating my team winning a match.

I have seen us jobbed by the refs many times, it happens. I would say more than any of the so called big 6.

COYS!!!

• Haha
Reactions: HPNJRUfan
All more debatable parts of the game (handball, foul or no foul etc)... yesterdays cards were a joke, but the disallowed goal with no lines drawn is borderline corruption and inexcusable.

Like I said, 14 v 11 and it still took an unlucky last minute mistake on our part for you to win. Go scratch.
I read that the VAR person on the disallowed goal thought the goal had actually been allowed, hence the short look at it and the message sent “ the check is complete”.

I don’t know how such a misunderstanding of what happened on the field is possible, and the VAR’s message to the ref should be something that says what they saw, not just a generic message.

• Wow
Reactions: HPNJRUfan

Go cry at home

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT