ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2023-2024 English Premier League Season.

tico brown

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2005
Will Manchester City get their fourth in a row?

Anyone else ready to step up and take down the defending champions?

Any surprise organizations ready to step up to the Top 6?

Will Luton be the real life Richmond AFC?

Arsenal best equipped to take down City. City is also in a state of transition...losing Gundogan, Mahrez, and potentially Walker is a blow to their depth.

Villa and Brighton are the next in line for sustained success. Villa finally has some good coaching and deep pockets to match aspirations. Brighton is probably the best run organization in the league.

Luton isn't going to go far, imo. Burnley is the newly promoted side who could make noise. Kompany is a Pep disciple and had them humming last year.

My Spurs have a chance to make it back into the top 4 if Ange can find a way to get this team to stop shipping goals...and getting Kane to stay, which seems to be likely now. Kane will be a serious contender to haaland for the golden boot if he does stay. he was already, but with the negative tactics of last year compared to the expansive attacking game that Ange wants to play, should open up even more opportunities to score.

United should be stronger, but who knows? Early assessment of Onana and Mount's buys are not the greatest. Also don't know how Hojlund will adapt to the move to the Prem.

Remains to be seen how Liverpool fares in its emergency rebuild of the midfield, so would hold off on judgement there.

Chelsea, as always, has a ton of ins and outs in terms of squad and in the coaching staff. On paper, they SHOULD be a shoo-in for top 4, but remains to be seen if all the parts work well together.

I thought Newcastle would make a bigger splash in the transfer window, but they are a bit tied with FFP. Also seems like the Saudis are more interested in getting their own league built with stars than they are with their investment in the Prem.

Liverpool trying to hijack Chelsea for Caicedo while Chelsea is trying to hijack Pool for Lavia.

I'm a Chelsea fan and we are no shoo-in at all for top 4. Should finish better this year with a real coach but it's a huge transition year for the squad.

I'm a Chelsea fan and we are no shoo-in at all for top 4. Should finish better this year with a real coach but it's a huge transition year for the squad.
Spurs fan here, just need top 5 this season. I heard the Premier league gets 5 spots in the champions league next season. Believe this is correct.

Reactions: rutger80
Even though the numbers of teams is going up and format changing still believe we Prem gets 4 teams. Wiki confirms this if accurate.

I read this:

THE Premier League has confirmed that FIVE clubs can qualify for the Champions League through league position at the end of the upcoming 2023/24 season for the first time ever. A change in format for the competition has seen it expand from 32 to 36 teamsin a new "Swiss League" format from 2024/25.

I read this:

THE Premier League has confirmed that FIVE clubs can qualify for the Champions League through league position at the end of the upcoming 2023/24 season for the first time ever. A change in format for the competition has seen it expand from 32 to 36 teamsin a new "Swiss League" format from 2024/25.
Link?

There are a few, google them. Also I listen to fans out of England that have been saying this also.
I see now but it's not guaranteed even though likely. I missed this bullet in the wiki.

• The two associations who obtain the most coefficient points in the 2023–24 season will each have one extra spot into the group stage.

Reactions: MadRU
Harry Kane accepts Bayern’s bid. 4 year contract.

Let’s see how Spurs spend the 100 million.

Hopefully Gift Orban at striker
Edmond Tapsoba center back
And adding the Hojberg money if sold maybe an Eze from Palace.

Last edited:
Reactions: famousbill19
B
Harry Kane accepts Bayern’s bid. 4 year contract.

Let’s see how Spurs spend the 100 million.

Hopefully Gift Orban at striker
Edmond Tapsoba center back
And adding the Hojberg money if sold maybe an Eze from Palace.
Brutal for Spurs fans. As a West Ham fan, I feel your pain, losing Rice and now it looks like Paqueta. At least we will have close to £200 million to spend.

B

Brutal for Spurs fans. As a West Ham fan, I feel your pain, losing Rice and now it looks like Paqueta. At least we will have close to £200 million to spend.
Would have been more brutal with our other recent coaches. Big Ange is a system coach. If Levy spends wisely we could be okay. Kane obviously is a big loss but his contract was up after this season and we ran the risk of him walking to another premier league competitor next year for free. That would have hurt worse.

CAICEDO

200.gif

Last edited:
Go Wolves. Lost Ruben Neves but got Matt Doherty back.

Just hope we can stay healthy.

Such a shame with Jimenez and the head injury.

Sounds like Caicedo wants Chelsea over Liverpool. Chelsea to come back with another bid.
Brighton does such good business. They have made a big profit on a lot of players they have sold, but getting Calcedo for $4.5 million and selling him for $100 million two years later is next level.

Newcastle fan here. Agree with the poster above that we did not do enough in the off season to be a threat for the title. Still hoping for a champions league slot.

Tyler Adams to Chelsea is OFF even though all medicals were done. Focus on Caicedo. Guess they need that extra 20 million now.

Tyler Adams to Chelsea is OFF even though all medicals were done. Focus on Caicedo. Guess they need that extra 20 million now.
Adams connected to Villa and Brighton In rumors now. Either one would be better than Chelsea.

First look at Kane-less Spurs. I think they will surprise to the upside this year (they are my surprise top 4 pick this year - I got lucky last year with Newcastle will see if the streak continues). Might take a few games to get right (this Brentford away is tricky) but there's still an awful lot of attacking talent even without Kane and a manager who wants to score. The trio of Son, Maddison, and Kulu is pretty impressive. They will be entertaining to watch at least.

I’ll take the point at Brentford. Many new faces, need some time to gel. Brentford a tough team especially at home. Love seeing attacking football again after the Conte/Jose years.

We will get blown out a few times playing this style for sure.

Need a few more good signings with the Kane money.

Won’t be a great team in one transfer window but like the way Ange has them play.

Reactions: rutger80
And Chelsea spend big, agree 146 million dollar Caicedo transfer fee.

For someone who doesn’t know this stuff…

How much of this transfer fee does the player get?

And Chelsea spend big, agree 146 million dollar Caicedo transfer fee.
115 million pounds. New record. It's not my money so seeing Enzo and Caicedo should be pretty money. Enzo was a boss today and now he won't need to worry one bit about getting back with Caicedo there.

Getting Lavia also. Midfield from a slight concern to stacked very quickly!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT