ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022-2023 English Premier League Season.

Haaland is playing like it’s a video game. I believe he has about 20 goals already. Kane is second with 8.

Nice win for Spurs after a tough week losing their conditioning coach who passed away suddenly. Newcastle will be turning the big 6 into a big 7 faster than some expect. New owners are loaded and are willing to spend to improve the team.
Arsenal starting the season very strong, right now they are looking like a top team.

Haaland is playing like it’s a video game. I believe he has about 20 goals already. Kane is second with 8.

Nice win for Spurs after a tough week losing their conditioning coach who passed away suddenly. Newcastle will be turning the big 6 into a big 7 faster than some expect. New owners are loaded and are willing to spend to improve the team.
Arsenal starting the season very strong, right now they are looking like a top team.
Agreed on everything there. Turner played well in the Europa - we will need him to be great in Qatar. I'm very worried about our D - CBs and Dest as well.

Did you register? If not it's full so not sure you'll be able to get in.
Just saw that. About to ride this morning, will pass it on my way back today. Great showing by the Philadelphia area PL fans. Great to see.

So happy Premier League is back!!
Fulham had a nice showing vs Liverpool in their first match back in the top tier. I like Liverpool, but I'm going to find myself rooting for Fulham all season, I like USMNT's Robinson as an attacking back, and they have a Slovak goalie.

Big Liverpool supporter here (Grandmother is a Scouser). All the credit to Fulham, but most of our team looked like they were sleep walking on Saturday and of course we got no help from VAR.

Ready for all the banter from the rivals, this season should be fun. Imagine being us!

YNWA JFT97
My older Son’s friends have gotten into EPL and he’s looking for a team.

Our cousin in Ireland said Liverpool has the most support. And we have a relative buried in Ford Cemetery in Liverpool.

So it looks like it’s City for me and Liverpool for him.

Last edited:

Our cousin in Ireland said Liverpool has the most support. And we have a relative buried in Ford Cemetery in Liverpool.

Have them

Today is a good day to be a Liverpool fan. Huge win.
I watch a lot of the videos the club posts and this team is really likeable (yeah, folks have opinions about their fans in Europe... or Hendo's confrontation the other day, notwithstanding).

There was a nice moment last week during their Champions League win vs Rangers, where Mo Salah jumps on Harvey Elliot's back in excitement when his goal in confirmed, this is coming from one of the world's best finishers, who just scored a hat trick. He was happier for his little bro's goal than his own.

And the way Klopp as gone to bat for his players during their recent struggles

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
Klopp is dislikable. Camera whore, whiner. Great coach but too much for me. Can’t root for Liverpool because of him. Great team but just can’t like them.
I disagree with you on Klopp. Yeah, he's visible, but no more so than Pep, or Conte or Arsenal's guy, or Chelsea's before he got canned.

I think he handled the criticisms of his defense (and specifically TAA) very classy.
He genuinely seems to care about his players, and is close to them... another nice moment tonight as he wished Fabio Carvalho luck before he went in as a sub.

Today is a good day to be a Liverpool fan. Huge win.
I watch a lot of the videos the club posts and this team is really likeable (yeah, folks have opinions about their fans in Europe... or Hendo's confrontation the other day, notwithstanding).

There was a nice moment last week during their Champions League win vs Rangers, where Mo Salah jumps on Harvey Elliot's back in excitement when his goal in confirmed, this is coming from one of the world's best finishers, who just scored a hat trick. He was happier for his little bro's goal than his own.
His HS and college hockey teams were the same way towards each other…more happy for the goal scorer than the guy who actually scored.

His HS and college hockey teams were the same way towards each other…more happy for the goal scorer than the guy who actually scored.
That's the sign of a great team and one of the amazing things about sports. Do it for your brother.

I disagree with you on Klopp. Yeah, he's visible, but no more so than Pep, or Conte or Arsenal's guy, or Chelsea's before he got canned.

I think he handled the criticisms of his defense (and specifically TAA) very classy.
He genuinely seems to care about his players, and is close to them... another nice moment tonight as he wished Fabio Carvalho luck before he went in as a sub.
He is the media darling of the premier league. I have seen more pieces on him then all the other managers combined and he eats it up. Guess we will disagree then.

Also he isn’t the only manager that cares about his players. Look at Conte and how his players react to him. Last week their fitness trainer passed suddenly. Conte was in tears on the bench during the game. All the players hugged him after the game, some holding on long and lifting him up.

Last edited:
He is the media darling of the premier league. I have seen more pieces on him then all the other managers combined and he eats it up. Guess we will disagree then.

Also he isn’t the only manager that cares about his players. Look at Conte and how his players react to him. Last week their fitness trainer passed suddenly. Conte was in tears on the bench during the game. All the players hugged him after the game, some holding on long and lifting him up.
Oh I agree with you there in Conte. Last year against Wolves one of his defenders messed up which led to a bad goal, he got subbed out early and took a long walk around the field with his head down. When he finally got to his bench, everyone was waiting for him to get an ear full, but instead Conte gave him a big hug. Respect.

Reactions: MadRU
Met five English fans getting off the train before the Iowa game. Helped them get on the bus and talked sports. Mets, Yankees etc. I asked who their EPL team was. They said West Ham. I asked are they the media darlings that everyone flocks to every year? They said no, they do just well enough to rip your heart out. Perfect for a Rutgers, Mets, Jets, Rangers, Knicks fan.

UP THE HAMMERS!

Reactions: MoreCowbellRU
Met five English fans getting off the train before the Iowa game. Helped them get on the bus and talked sports. Mets, Yankees etc. I asked who their EPL team was. They said West Ham. I asked are they the media darlings that everyone flocks to every year? They said no, they do just well enough to rip your heart out. Perfect for a Rutgers, Mets, Jets, Rangers, Knicks fan.

UP THE HAMMERS!
The Hammers and Wolves are my also root for teams after Arsenal. Was hoping Arsenal would lose enough to get rid of coach Eddie Munster. Doesn't look like that's happening so just enjoying the success and holding my nose.

According to the guide last night it said YES was showing City vs Liverpool.

I turned it on and there was a show about Bernie Williams instead. Did the match end early?

According to the guide last night it said YES was showing City vs Liverpool.

I turned it on and there was a show about Bernie Williams instead. Did the match end early?
The YES network plays reruns of the matches. Maybe since they lost they didn’t this time. But I have seen City loses there before so who knows.

UP THE HAMMERS!
Partially why I support Tottenham. I started watching them when a young Gareth Bale was playing left back. He was amazing. Then Clint Dempsey came over from Fulham, he was my favorite American soccer star.

For me they are so much like the Mets etc. Big City team with a huge following but the owners don’t back them like the other big teams. They just do enough when they are struggling to keep them close to the top, then when they are real good a little more investment could put them over the top, but the owners don’t do it.

Found this...surprised no activity for months. Anyway, what an incredible win for Arsenal over ManU, 3-2, with a sublime goal in the 89th minute by Nketiah to win it for Arsenal (about a minute after DeGea had made a world class point blank save to keep it tied). Great two way action all game. Arsenal is now 5 points up over ManCity with a game in hand about halfway through the season.

Baring injury or total collapse, it’s safe to say that City’s Erling Haaland is the MVP (or whatever it’s called in the Premier). He has scored more goals in over half the season than last years Golden Boot winner Mo Salah had all season. He’s been unstoppable and doing a hell of a lot more than last years Big Purchase, Jack Grealish did in 21-22.

Unfortunately it may be too late to catch up with Arsenal as they keep winning.

Baring injury or total collapse, it’s safe to say that City’s Erling Haaland is the MVP (or whatever it’s called in the Premier). He has scored more goals in over half the season than last years Golden Boot winner Mo Salah had all season. He’s been unstoppable and doing a hell of a lot more than last years Big Purchase, Jack Grealish did in 21-22.

Unfortunately it may be too late to catch up with Arsenal as they keep winning.
Salah was co-leader with Son

I forget who it was but I owe someone an apology for Newcastle. I though they would be in the 6-8 range but they clearly do have a great chance at the Champs League spot. Going to be a surprise if they don't get it.

Arsenal almost has everything locked up as long as they don't lose to City twice in their remaining fixtures or going on some crazy bad streak. They've been the most consistent team so far so I can't see that happening. Arteta really did some job building them up.

Chelsea owners making Steve Cohen look cheap. Their spending is crazy. Pulisic might want to get out of there fast, might not see the pitch.

Chelsea owners making Steve Cohen look cheap. Their spending is crazy. Pulisic might want to get out of there fast, might not see the pitch.
Since he's always hurt he can't get on consistently anyway. Love the guy but it's time for him to go to a lesser club and build his value back up at this point.

Since he's always hurt he can't get on consistently anyway. Love the guy but it's time for him to go to a lesser club and build his value back up at this point.

Is he good enough for another league?

Was he in the Bundesliga or am I thinking of someone else?

Is he good enough for another league?

Was he in the Bundesliga or am I thinking of someone else?
He's good enough for the Prem so yes he's good enough for any league. He needs to go to a lesser Prem team that can guarantee him he doesn't have to fight for a spot in the starting lineup. He can also go to another league. Rumors AC Milan sniffing around for a Summer move.

Yes he was at Dortmund in the Bundesliga previously to Chelsea.

Reactions: thegock
He's good enough for the Prem so yes he's good enough for any league. He needs to go to a lesser Prem team that can guarantee him he doesn't have to fight for a spot in the starting lineup. He can also go to another league. Rumors AC Milan sniffing around for a Summer move.

Have there been many Americans in Serie A?

I know Alexi played, but not sure how many others.

Have there been many Americans in Serie A?

I know Alexi played, but not sure how many others.
Weston McKennie is currently at Juventus. Rumor that Leeds trying to get him to come over to play with Adams and Aaronson. Helps they have Marsch as coach.

Dest got loaned to AC Milan from Barca so he's there now as well.

Few players in Serie B with Busio, Tessman, and Novakovich.

In the past I know Bradley played there. I think Roma. Not sure who else in past.

Chelsea's spending and the fact that he's out with an injury for "months", the writing is on the wall. He'll join his fellow Americans at Leeds or Fulham (although Leeds toeing the relegation zone, so think twice)

I forget who it was but I owe someone an apology for Newcastle. I though they would be in the 6-8 range but they clearly do have a great chance at the Champs League spot. Going to be a surprise if they don't get it.

Arsenal almost has everything locked up as long as they don't lose to City twice in their remaining fixtures or going on some crazy bad streak. They've been the most consistent team so far so I can't see that happening. Arteta really did some job building them up.
It was me but honestly they are outperforming what I even thought. Great coach. Very good in goal. Guimares is world class an a bunch of guys who know their roles. That said - they need more scoring punch. The striker they signed is finally healthy but I think they need more to stay in the top 4.

Reactions: Zak57
Anyone watch theTottenham - City match? Fantastic game with Spurs winning 1-0 on a Kane goal (setting the all-time goal record for Spurs), with tons of chances by both teams in a very exciting game, especially the last 10 minutes, with Tottenham down to 10 men on a red card for Romero (2nd yellow) and City pressing desperately. Huge for Arsenal after losing yesterday to Everton.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT