ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022-2023 English Premier League Season.

Man City at Fulham and I’ll be dammed that they will be in first place with a win this morning.

Erling Haaland with his 50th!

Is this a Messi, Ronaldo, Zlathan type of season or is this just a one year fluke?

Not a fluke even if he never reaches this amount again.
Yeah as long as he stays healthy I don't see how he doesn't keep scoring.
I should’ve/ meant to ask if he was a Messi type player. Trying to type and watch the game on the train 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway, 2-1 City at the half with Alvarez scoring on an “exquisite kick.”

What do you mean Messi type? They're totally different styles and positions. Haaland is generational though.

I should’ve said Top Tier/ Generational type instead of comparing someone to one of the all time greats.

Got the answer though that he is that good. Thanks.

Reactions: Zak57
Great, chippy win vs a tough Fulham team.

City in first place and getting ready for Real Madrid in the Champions League this week.

liverpool-fc-this-is-anfield-i95313.jpg

What level of sarcasm is in this post? Mild, moderate or dripping?
Given that it's Liverpool, I would say dripping. There are plenty of teams in the Premiership and throughout Europe, for whom competing for a Europa League berth is a laudable goal. Liverpool is not one of them. Nor is Tottenham. At least they shouldn't be.

Reactions: RU848789
Congratulations on a critical victory in the battle for a shot at Europa League glory.
Nice try.

Given how up and down this season has been I'll certainly take it, and to salvage something out of an otherwise disappointing season would be great. While we are still very much on the outside, we are mathematically back in the hunt for Top 4.

Europa is the one trophy Klopp hasn't won, so lets go out and get it!

Could be Chelsea, or Tottenham haha... or even worse, Everton (though I do hope they stay up for the Derby)

City is one step closer to winning another PL trophy with their win over Everton. Arsenal Down 1 vs BHA On a suspicious goal.

Also nice to see BHA players flip around like fish out of water. Hell they’re doing multiple flops at the same time… TWICE. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Despite this, still not celebrating until that Trophy is raised.

City is one step closer to winning another PL trophy with their win over Everton. Arsenal Down 1 vs BHA On a suspicious goal.

Also nice to see BHA players flip around like fish out of water. Hell they’re doing multiple flops at the same time… TWICE. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Despite this, still not celebrating until that Trophy is raised.
Interesting that someone’s takeaway from that game could be Brighton flopping.

Brighton crushed a nervous Arsenal, completely out working them.

Interesting that someone’s takeaway from that game could be Brighton flopping.

Brighton crushed a nervous Arsenal, completely out working them.
Oh they definitely outplayed Arsenal. They deserved that win and I hope they build this org up for a better future.

But if what they did the last 10 + minutes plus stoppage is not flopping, then IDK. Two guys at different spots flopped at the same time.

Manchester City win the title, total bottle job by Arsenal.
Man City are the best team in the world - maybe the best team I've ever seen. Jesus and Zinchenko were surplus to requirements there for goodness sake.

Leeds in trouble...hope they can stay up...
Bad result today against WHU. They're all but toast. Aaronson a substitute today - 1 goal in 35 appearances (which was that Chelsea goalkeeper error which never should have happened). Squad needs to be ripped and replaced even if they miraculously stay up.

Ci… Ehh still have the EA Cup and of course the Champions League. Should be a great two games.

BTW I never knew that there was a Europa Conference League tournament (for the seventh place PL team). When did that start or have I been zoned out all of these years?

The conference league has been around for a few years. I know Spurs were in it a few years ago. It is a fairly new competition.

And just like the Europa League winners automatically qualify for the next champions league, the conference league champs qualify for the next Europa league tournament.

Reactions: tico brown
Ci… Ehh still have the EA Cup and of course the Champions League. Should be a great two games.

BTW I never knew that there was a Europa Conference League tournament (for the seventh place PL team). When did that start or have I been zoned out all of these years?

Just started a couple of years ago.

Bad result today against WHU. They're all but toast. Aaronson a substitute today - 1 goal in 35 appearances (which was that Chelsea goalkeeper error which never should have happened). Squad needs to be ripped and replaced even if they miraculously stay up.
BA on the bench again. Down 1-0 after 2 minutes. They're all but going down. Adams will be in demand but the other Americans I'm not sure where they might end up. In reality it was probably always a tough ask to think Leeds wouldn't be in trouble this year after losing their best offensive and defensive player from last year's team.

Really thrilled with the season my magpies had. I expected them to be in the middle of the table and here we are in the top three. Only a couple of seasons ago we barely stayed off relegation. Nice job boys.

So will Luton Town be able to play in their neighborhood stadium with the backyard entrances? I want to see this stadium next year!!!!

Reactions: cicero grimes
So will Luton Town be able to play in their neighborhood stadium with the backyard entrances? I want to see this stadium next year!!!!
Yes, with $10M worth of modifications to bring the stadium up to EPL standard. A lot to do and a short time to do it in.

Would not be surprised if Luton Town plays its first eight games on the road next year

Reactions: tico brown
I’ve been watching too much #TedLasso to see Jamie Tartt and Roy Kent in this pic instead of Jack Grealish and Ilkay Gundogan lol.

LETS GO CITY!!!!!

Reactions: famousbill19
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT