ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022-2023 English Premier League Season.

With the goal Kane became Tottenham’s all time leading goal scorer in premier league history. Also became only the 3rd player in premier league history to accumulate 200 goals and the only one to do it with one team.

COYS!!!!

Anyone watch theTottenham - City match? Fantastic game with Spurs winning 1-0 on a Kane goal (setting the all-time goal record for Spurs), with tons of chances by both teams in a very exciting game, especially the last 10 minutes, with Tottenham down to 10 men on a red card for Romero (2nd yellow) and City pressing desperately. Huge for Arsenal after losing yesterday to Everton.
Seasons over. Congrats Arsenal

Arsenal still has to play city twice. It ain't over. Arsenals style of play is more suited to city's strengths. Spurs have been city's kryptonite for quite a while.
Unfortunately City is not winning both games and Arsenal is not going to do a total meltdown to lose first place.

EPL is just over half way through. Most teams have between 16-18 games left. Long way to go, and unfortunately injuries do happen. Arsenal May be favorites now but it’s far from over.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Spurs fan here. They have the talent to finish in top 4 as long as they stay healthy. COYS!!! Puzzling why KDB started game in bench - one of the world’s top 10 players IMO. Also crazy what’s happened to Liverpool - their midfield is gotten old and slow so fast. They really miss Sane. It is also fascinating that people question whether Haaland was a good move. Setting these goal records, but their whole strategy has changed so much that great players seem not so great with him around.

Spurs fan here. They have the talent to finish in top 4 as long as they stay healthy. COYS!!! Puzzling why KDB started game in bench - one of the world’s top 10 players IMO. Also crazy what’s happened to Liverpool - their midfield is gotten old and slow so fast. They really miss Sane. It is also fascinating that people question whether Haaland was a good move. Setting these goal records, but their whole strategy has changed so much that great players seem not so great with him around.
Liverpool's MF has been a ticking time bomb for a couple of seasons now. And they keep signing attackers with the funds that FSG gives them. Watch for them to break the bank for bellingham this summer. They also need a dependable CB to pair with VVD as he starts his decline.

Big Wolverhampton fan here. The 3-0 (2-0 according to Klopp) win over Liverpool was great. I know they are struggling but it was helpful for team psyche to stay out of relegation with all the new faces. Sasa Kalajdzic injury in first game with the team was a bad omen.

Leeds sacked Jesse Marsch.
I hope Mckennie went in with open eyes. Adams has performed and likely has nothing to worry about but Aaronson really hasn't done enough IMO considering he cost a decent chunk of change.

Arsenal fall to second place with tie breaker favoring Man City. Arsenal still do have a game in hand, but they have been dropping points last several games.

Arsenal fall to second place with tie breaker favoring Man City. Arsenal still do have a game in hand, but they have been dropping points last several games.
Bad, bad stretch for Arsenal. Pretty sure Man City will win the league again, but I'll be pulling for Arsenal as I just hate Man City.

I forget who it was but I owe someone an apology for Newcastle. I though they would be in the 6-8 range but they clearly do have a great chance at the Champs League spot. Going to be a surprise if they don't get it.

Arsenal almost has everything locked up as long as they don't lose to City twice in their remaining fixtures or going on some crazy bad streak. They've been the most consistent team so far so I can't see that happening. Arteta really did some job building them up.
Saw the result today but not the match. 6 pts up now with a huge goal differential and a game in hand. Top 4 all but locked up I think. And with their financial backing this is probably the norm going forward now. I think the EPL needs more than 4 UCL spots.

Reactions: Zak57
Saw the result today but not the match. 6 pts up now with a huge goal differential and a game in hand. Top 4 all but locked up I think. And with their financial backing this is probably the norm going forward now. I think the EPL needs more than 4 UCL spots.
Spurs collapsed, Conte gone Paratici banned. New Castle and ManU in the driver seat for 3-4. Will City catch Arsenal?

Newcastle just shredded Spurs - embarrassing. And Arsenal are up 5 points in the table, but City have 2 games in hand, so it's all up in the air now. They play on Wednesday in what could be the match of the season.

Newcastle just shredded Spurs - embarrassing. And Arsenal are up 5 points in the table, but City have 2 games in hand, so it's all up in the air now. They play on Wednesday in what could be the match of the season.
Arsenal was lucky to escape Southampton with a point. They were down 3-1 heading into extra time and got 2 goals to tie it.

City already up 1-0 on a KDB goal. If they win this one Arsenal basically finished. City have a ton of games in the next month and a half though so we'll see how Pep plays the fatigue game.

Reactions: tico brown
Arsenal in full collapse mode.

Big win for Nottingham Forest.

Would love to see Everton go down.

Another bottle job by Arsenal. Klopp and Anfield broke them 🤣

Chelsea loses to Brentford 🤣

Hope Everton stays up for the derby... Still on the outside looking in, but Liverpool back in the hunt for Europe!

Sounds like Pochettino to Chelsea is happening, it’s close.
What were Spurs thinking firing him? I scratch my head every time I think about it. Probably every Spurs fan as well.
I wanted him @ Arsenal. Instead we got Eddie Munster. Pep dunked on him again today. Man City plays a much better system. Best in PL by far. They deserve the title.

What were Spurs thinking firing him? I scratch my head every time I think about it. Probably every Spurs fan as well.
I wanted him @ Arsenal. Instead we got Eddie Munster. Pep dunked on him again today. Man City plays a much better system. Best in PL by far. They deserve the title.
The higher ups didn’t support Poch. They went 3 windows without signing anyone after the Champions League finals appearance. Some of the players wanted out under Poch, he was very demanding and is a better manager with young hungry talent. Some of the Spurs stars grew tired of him. He was never going to Arsenal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy_Faulker
You are not happy with the manager at Arsenal? Wow I mean it's been a pretty good year today aside.

I am a causal Man City guy.

More into GAA and Irish stuff (football and hurling).

Hoping my older guy gets going with Liverpool.

I would take him as the USMNT manager.

Also. Very clear it’s time for Pulisic to move - he’s not seeing the field at all.

You are not happy with the manager at Arsenal? Wow I mean it's been a pretty good year today aside.
They've won mostly due to raw ability and great individual effort. Not to mention the stumbling of many power clubs (Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool) this season. I would say Arsenal is winning in spite of him, not because of him. Have not been a fan of the hire since day one. Still am not impressed.

Spurs show some fight today. Down 2-0 to Manchester United and fight back for a draw, 2-2.

Reactions: rutger80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT