ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

I didn’t see the game, was out at Easter Dinner then watching the Cubs and Purdue. It looks like Megill had a solid outing but was he in trouble, threw a lot of pitches, etc? Only in 4 innings. Agree that Nimmo, McNeil and Lindor will hit more.

When Anthony Rizzo was on the Cubs he would generally have crappy Aprils. He was not a fan of cold weather and always had a balky back. He would start to hit when the weather warmed up and the beat writers would ask him what changed or if he was doing anything different. He would tell them that it “became May.”

Last edited:
McGill had a ton of traffic in the bases all game. Didn’t go out for the 5th because of shoulder issue. Getting MRI tomorrow. 3 games in lack of starting pitching depth that everyone on earth saw already an issue

McGill had a ton of traffic in the bases all game. Didn’t go out for the 5th because of shoulder issue. Getting MRI tomorrow. 3 games in lack of starting pitching depth that everyone on earth saw already an issue
Ouch. MRI sucks. Wishing good news for you guys on that.

I'll add prospects that aren't on top 30 as we move on to an honorable mention list. Only Syracuse has started and the other minor league seasons begin later this week and next. I'll update assignments as well when some of these guys pop up on rosters.

March 31 Mets Farm Report (Top 30 Prospects per MLB Pipeline)

AVG/OPS or E.R.A (W-L) (S)

1. Jett Williams SS/CF (AA Binghamton) -
  2. Drew Gilbert OF (AAA Syracuse) - 0/4, 3 K, .083/.487
  3. Luisangel Acuna SS/2B (AAA Syracuse) - 1/4, R, K, .154/.539
  4. Ryan Clifford OF/1B (High A Brooklyn) -
  5. Christian Scott RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  6. Ronny Mauricio 2B/SS/OF (NY Mets) - Injured; Out for Season
  7. Colin Houck SS (Rookie FCL Mets) -
  8. Marco Vargas INF (Low A St. Lucie) -
  9. Kevin Parada C (AA Binghamton) -
  10. Blade Tidwell RHP (AA Binghamton) -
  11. Mike Vasil RHP (AAA Syracuse) - 2.1 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 4 BB, 0 K, 1 HR, 15.43
  12. Jeremy Rodriguez SS (Rookie FCL Mets) -
  13. Brandon Sproat RHP (Rookie FCL Mets) -
  14. Dominic Hamel RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  15. Jacob Reimer 3B/1B (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  16. Alex Ramirez OF (AA Binghamton) -
  17. Yovanny Rodriguez C (Rookie FCL Mets) -
  18. Tyler Stuart RHP (AA Binghamton) -
  19. Nolan McLean RHP/DH (Low A St. Lucie) -
  20. Ronald Hernandez C/1B (Low A St. Lucie) -
  21. Jesus Baez SS/2B (Rookie FCL Mets) -
  22. Calvin Ziegler RHP (Low A St. Lucie) -
  23. Wilfredo Lara OF/3B (Low A St. Lucie) -
  24. Nate Lavender LHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  25. Boston Baro SS (Rookie FCL Mets) -
  26. Nick Morabito OF (Low A St. Lucie) -
  27. Raimon Gomez RHP (High A Brooklyn) -
  28. Joander Suarez RHP (AA Binghamton) -
  29. Saul Garcia RHP (High A Brooklyn) -
  30. Rhylan Thomas OF (AA Binghamton) -

I'll add prospects that aren't on top 30 as we move on to an honorable mention list. Only Syracuse has started and the other minor league seasons begin later this week and next. I'll update assignments as well when some of these guys pop up on rosters.

March 31 Mets Farm Report (Top 30 Prospects per MLB Pipeline)

AVG/OPS or E.R.A (W-L) (S)

1. Jett Williams SS/CF (AA Binghamton) -
  2. Drew Gilbert OF (AAA Syracuse) - 0/4, 3 K, .083/.487
  3. Luisangel Acuna SS/2B (AAA Syracuse) - 1/4, R, K, .154/.539
  4. Ryan Clifford OF/1B (High A Brooklyn) -
  5. Christian Scott RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  6. Ronny Mauricio 2B/SS/OF (NY Mets) - Injured; Out for Season
  7. Colin Houck SS (Rookie FCL Mets) -
  8. Marco Vargas INF (Low A St. Lucie) -
  9. Kevin Parada C (AA Binghamton) -
  10. Blade Tidwell RHP (AA Binghamton) -
  11. Mike Vasil RHP (AAA Syracuse) - 2.1 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 4 BB, 0 K, 1 HR, 15.43
  12. Jeremy Rodriguez SS (Rookie FCL Mets) -
  13. Brandon Sproat RHP (Rookie FCL Mets) -
  14. Dominic Hamel RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  15. Jacob Reimer 3B/1B (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  16. Alex Ramirez OF (AA Binghamton) -
  17. Yovanny Rodriguez C (Rookie FCL Mets) -
  18. Tyler Stuart RHP (AA Binghamton) -
  19. Nolan McLean RHP/DH (Low A St. Lucie) -
  20. Ronald Hernandez C/1B (Low A St. Lucie) -
  21. Jesus Baez SS/2B (Rookie FCL Mets) -
  22. Calvin Ziegler RHP (Low A St. Lucie) -
  23. Wilfredo Lara OF/3B (Low A St. Lucie) -
  24. Nate Lavender LHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  25. Boston Baro SS (Rookie FCL Mets) -
  26. Nick Morabito OF (Low A St. Lucie) -
  27. Raimon Gomez RHP (High A Brooklyn) -
  28. Joander Suarez RHP (AA Binghamton) -
  29. Saul Garcia RHP (High A Brooklyn) -
  30. Rhylan Thomas OF (AA Binghamton) -
Thanks again for doing this for another season.

Reactions: Foads and Zak57
Megill to the IL. Reed Garrett up for now. Lucchesi or Butto probably up after that to take spot in rotation.

I don’t wish injury on anyone but from a Mets perspective, they don’t have to sweat the injuries. Can dumpster dive for equivalent replacement talent for any of their pitchers except Senga. I don’t count Diaz because I don’t expect to have many save opportunities this year.

Megill to the IL. Reed Garrett up for now. Lucchesi or Butto probably up after that to take spot in rotation.
Lucchesi and Butto can't fill the spot in the rotation. Some weird rule has them both staying in the minor for at least 15 days at the beginning of the season since they were optioned down to Syracuse.

Reactions: Zak57
Lucchesi and Butto can't fill the spot in the rotation. Some weird rule has them both staying in the minor for at least 15 days at the beginning of the season since they were optioned down to Syracuse.
Not a weird rule, a very understandable rule. You send somebody down, you can't bring them back up for 10 days for position players, or 15 days for pitchers. This prevents extreme roster manipulation. For instance, absent the rule, a starting pitcher could be sent down immediately after every start, and then brought up just before the next start.

An exception exists when a player goes to IL. They could have replaced Megill with Lucchesi. But they can't replace Garrett with Lucchesi.

Classic bad team stuff. When you pitch well you can't score. The rare occasion when you get some offense the pitching goes to crap. I watched a bit then had seen enough and turned back to Iowa-LSU

sad new york mets GIF

Not a weird rule, a very understandable rule. You send somebody down, you can't bring them back up for 10 days for position players, or 15 days for pitchers. This prevents extreme roster manipulation. For instance, absent the rule, a starting pitcher could be sent down immediately after every start, and then brought up just before the next start.

An exception exists when a player goes to IL. They could have replaced Megill with Lucchesi. But they can't replace Garrett with Lucchesi.
Gary called it a weird rule because it puts the Mets in a tight situation.

When is it okay to start the fire Stearns and the manager thread? Also, when is Cohen going to sell the team?🤣

Same bull$hit mentality
Games really don’t matter until after all star break

Clean F-in house

FYI…….games don’t mean 💩 in August if you’re 20 games out

The 1962 Mets started the season 0-9, and the 2024 Mets are almost halfway there.

Meanwhile Martinez is getting ready and when he is ready team will be 3-12.

I know some of you defend Stearns' move as quality at little cost, but even Oakland is calling this BS. Four games into the season, and teams are already licking their chops to face the Mets.

Who’s the projected #1 pick on next years draft?

How could a team be so lifeless 4 games into the season? There is no fire / no willingness to win.

There’s a culture in that locker room that is too laisez faire.

Reactions: nutfromSEC117
The Mets season in a nutshell.

Turned on game at bottom of 9th with 2 outs. McNeil whiffs on 3 strikes.

Then this ensues.

Mets 3 batters at top of order all fly out on in bottom of 10th.

I thought that Lindor, in the bottom of the first, veering off and out of the way to allow the easy double play throw to first was a stark contrast to Hoskins trying to break one up. That play was available to Lindor but, apparently, not a consideration.

Offseason was complete punt season garbage.
I didn't comment on any of the moves because I had no faith in management. The players they signed were "WTF" and even the Oakland A's would not touch half of these guys. Management stated they were not punting the season, but clearly, they were all along. If you are going to screw me, at least give me a happy ending. The organization wishes they stayed with Buck because he got more out of sh*t.

Who’s the projected #1 pick on next years draft?

How could a team be so lifeless 4 games into the season? There is no fire / no willingness to win.

There’s a culture in that locker room that is too laisez faire.
I do not understand this post at all. Lifeless? No fire? No willingness to win? What do those terms even mean?

What I see is a team THAT IS NOT HITTING. Nothing more, nothing less. When you are not hitting, you can't steal bases. You can't go first to third. You can't stretch singles into doubles. In other words, you can't do all the things that show fire and life.

What exactly do you want the players to do? Throw helmets? Break bats over their knee? Overturn buffet tables? I really don't think any of that helps. What do you suggest?

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT