ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 PGA Championship

Good for him, he’s due for a major. Let’s see if he can carry the momentum into tomorrow.

Not sure about anyone else but I’m fine that Rahm is struggling (at least atm).
I would prefer we just celebrate that all the best players are in the same tournament. Forget all the other crap for now.

I have had the coverage on since 7AM but work was too crazy today. Tried to keep one eye on it but heard a lot of cheering early. Morning guys had an advantage so should make for a fun tournament as long as the weather holds. Tomorrow AM seems clear and then potential for rain for the PM groups.

I would prefer we just celebrate that all the best players are in the same tournament. Forget all the other crap for now.

I have had the coverage on since 7AM but work was too crazy today. Tried to keep one eye on it but heard a lot of cheering early. Morning guys had an advantage so should make for a fun tournament as long as the weather holds. Tomorrow AM seems clear and then potential for rain for the PM groups.
I am happy that they’re all playing together. But he and others took the decision to make the break from the tour. For one r$$son.

Rahm talked out of both sides of his mouth and wants to have it both ways. Looks like a hypocrite. The others at least were straight up from the get go.

I am happy that they’re all playing together. But he and others took the decision to make the break from the tour. For one r$$son.

Rahm talked out of both sides of his mouth and wants to have it both ways. Looks like a hypocrite. The others at least were straight up from the get go.
Fair points but majors are not part of the PGA Tour. Just hate Rahm for being Rahm this week (if you don’t like him). 😃

Reactions: BossNJ
What a disaster to start the day. First a person was killed by a shuttle bus this morning, now Scottie Scheffler was roughed up by police and arrested after confusion at the crash scene. Scheffler is still in jail now.

Today’s rounds are current delayed.

What a selfish POS! He should be kicked off the tour. Can’t disobey a police officer.
:)

Reactions: mikemarc1
The details still seem fuzzy to me. What does a police officer "attaching" himself to the car mean? Did he jump on the hood? Just reach in the window and try to grab Scheffler who then drove like 10 more feet in the chaos? What exactly did Scheffler do? Did he just try to make a turn into the course while traffic was stopped all around? Did he think he could do that because he was a player and that this was security directing people?

EDIT: ESPN has more details:

According to ESPN reporter Jeff Darlington, who witnessed the incident, Scheffler was trying to drive around the crash scene on a median. A police officer instructed Scheffler to stop, but Scheffler continued to drive about 10 to 20 yards toward the entrance.

At one point, an officer attached himself to the side of Scheffler's car. Scheffler stopped his car as he turned into the entrance of Valhalla Golf Club.

After about 20 to 30 seconds, Scheffler rolled down his window to talk to the officer. The officer grabbed Scheffler's arm to pull him out of the vehicle, according to Darlington. The officer reached inside the vehicle to open the door, and once Scheffler was pulled out, he was pushed against the car and placed in handcuffs.

Not sure how Scheffler plays well today with all this hanging over his head.

According to a journalist covering the accident scene whatever scottie did was no different than what other players in front of him in the traffic did, but for some reason he was singled out.

According to a journalist covering the accident scene whatever scottie did was no different than what other players in front of him in the traffic did, but for some reason he was singled out.

Charged with 2nd degree assault of a police officer, 3rd degree criminal mischief, reckless driving, disregarding a police officer's traffic instructions................ per ESPN.

If other players were doing this and they just grabbed him, whew boy............

Charged with 2nd degree assault of a police officer, 3rd degree criminal mischief, reckless driving, disregarding a police officer's traffic instructions................ per ESPN.

If other players were doing this and they just grabbed him, whew boy............
Just wrong place wrong time. He should have stopped. But the officer overreacted. They were investigating a fatal pedestrian accident, so I understand why the cops were being that way.

Just wrong place wrong time. He should have stopped. But the officer overreacted. They were investigating a fatal pedestrian accident, so I understand why the cops were being that way.

Maybe but if others were doing it and Scheffler just followed what others were doing, the cop grossly overreacted and likely should be disciplined. I will be curious to see if that story is confirmed - other people were doing exactly what Scheffler was doing.

I thought I read he was already released, maybe it was CBS Sports.

EDIT: It's CBS's lead headline on their website. He's been released.
Haven't seen that yet. Not sure what his warm-up routine is. Hate to see him rush the round and get injured.

Maybe but if others were doing it and Scheffler just followed what others were doing, the cop grossly overreacted and likely should be disciplined. I will be curious to see if that story is confirmed - other people were doing exactly what Scheffler was doing.
Doesn't matter what others were doing. Stop means stop and he didn't. Scheffler is at fault (at least in part).

He should have had a support Palestine sign and he would have been fine

Maybe the cop had a bet that he wouldn’t make the cut

Or maybe he took advice from a Jan 6er and figured you can ignore some cops' orders as long as you think what you are doing is perfectly justified. Scheffler wanted to make sure he got the first batch of hot scrambled eggs in the player buffet.

Doesn't matter what others were doing. Stop means stop and he didn't. Scheffler is at fault (at least in part).

Yeah. In the end, this probably all gets plea'd down, Scheffler pays a fine, does something for the Louisville Police or police charity, etc.

Yeah. In the end, this probably all gets plea'd down, Scheffler pays a fine, does something for the Louisville Police or police charity, etc.
Absolutely. SS should be contrite and thoughtful with his response. Say something like.....I was confused and not sure what do to. The cop was doing he job and I respect that. Then the police chief makes a statement of the charges being dismissed or reduced. Blah, blah, blah. Overall, not a big deal.

Tough situation for both parties.

Absolutely. SS should be contrite and thoughtful with his response. Say something like.....I was confused and not sure what do to. The cop was doing he job and I respect that. Then the police chief makes a statement of the charges being dismissed or reduced. Blah, blah, blah. Overall, not a big deal.

Tough situation for both parties.

Just saw another report that others were doing what Scheffler did and one cop finally had enough and took it out on the next one trying it - Scheffler. LOL. Definitely wrong place, wrong time. Why couldn't it have been a LIV guy?

Because then the LIV bots on twitter would have lost their minds and come up with some wild conspiracies.

Just saw another report that others were doing what Scheffler did and one cop finally had enough and took it out on the next one trying it - Scheffler. LOL. Definitely wrong place, wrong time. Why couldn't it have been a LIV guy?

Because then the LIV bots on twitter would have lost their minds and come up with some wild conspiracies.
I think that one cuts the other way. Would be very on-brand for one of MBS’ oil goons to spot an LPD officer a bag to grab Number 1

Reactions: BossNJ
When does the first meme of Scheffler in an orange jumpsuit teeing off appear?

It seems like a massive screw up.

The issue Scheffler really has is what he did after the officer stopped him. That appears to be what his Felony charge is about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT