ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 PGA Championship

As Ty mentioned above, ESPN's Wischusen on what he saw as an eyewitness:

“When [Scheffler] drove past him, the cop got very angry pursuing the car,” Wischusen told GOLF.com. “…My impression was he was kind of running alongside chasing the car, and maybe he tripped and fell. I mean, there was kind of an outcropping or median, you know, by the front gate. And keep in mind, it was raining. It was 6 o’clock in the morning. It was dark.”

Also, the cop claimed an injury to his hand. That was from smacking/punching scheff’s closed window. Big brain stuff.

You see it move on the video. There was no officer being dragged. Are you saying it moved 10 yards twice now?
You tried to lecture me earlier about everything being in this thread and then you write that?

Two witnesses have said the officer interacted with SS before the car pulled forward 10 yards. Does that video show that? No, so obviously the video didn’t capture everything.

You tried to lecture me earlier about everything being in this thread and then you write that?

Two witnesses have said the officer interacted with SS before the car pulled forward 10 yards. Does that video show that? No, so obviously the video didn’t capture everything.
Yes it does. Then Scotty made a left and the cop that went after him but later he went to the hospital to fake an injury. You are another guy just hating successful people. Now in your mind there are 3 events?

Last edited:
Yes it does. Then Scotty made a left and the cop that went after him but later he went to the hospital to fake an injury. You are another guy just hating successful people. Now in your mind there are 3 events?
If officer Gillis faked his injuries it will come out since he was transported to the hospital
and treated.
Reports said Officer Gillis was in the middle of the westbound lanes, in full LMPD uniform and a hi-visibility yellow reflective rain jacket when he attempted to stop Scheffler and sustained injuries in the attempt to stop Scheffler

If officer Gillis faked his injuries it will come out since he was transported to the hospital
and treated.
Reports said Officer Gillis was in the middle of the westbound lanes, in full LMPD uniform and a hi-visibility yellow reflective rain jacket when he attempted to stop Scheffler and sustained injuries in the attempt to stop Scheffler
Did you watch the video? His injuries are from when he slapped/punched Scheffler’s closed window after he ran over to his parked car.

Did you watch the video? His injuries are from when he slapped/punched Scheffler’s closed window after he ran over to his parked car.
That will come out and if it's decided that slap/punch was in the effort to gain the driver's attention and stop a vehicle that the driver ignored the officer's previous command to stop , it will be a job related injury and part of any court decision made when punishment is decided.

Well it seems like the evidence didn't show a criminal act was committed and justice was served
I had given the police Officer Gillis the benefit of doubt, but it seems that might have been misplaced and charges being dropped shows his version wasn't backed up with evidence
My opinion is: the powers to be might have felt Officer Gillis was too aggressive in his handling of the stop and that caused all the trouble.

Well it seems like the evidence didn't show a criminal act was committed and justice was served
I had given the police Officer Gillis the benefit of doubt, but it seems that might have been misplaced and charges being dropped shows his version wasn't backed up with evidence
My opinion is: the powers to be might have felt Officer Gillis was too aggressive in his handling of the stop and that caused all the trouble.
Seems you have the same issue in believing in Taylor Ham! 🤣🤣 JK... kinda 😉
After I saw the tape it was pretty clear that some charges would be dropped. Scheffler didn't "speed" away.
Officer Gilles is facing disciplinary already for not turning on his body camera. He could be facing more.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MADHAT1
Glad this is over. Cop overreacted. Scottie story was consistent from the start and he admitted some mistakes. Time to look forward to the US Open.

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
Glad this is over. Cop overreacted. Scottie story was consistent from the start and he admitted some mistakes. Time to look forward to the US Open.
Let's not jump the gun. Jack's tournament is the week before. I would think it's a good field. Also possible Tiger is in the field.

Reactions: Section124
Let's not jump the gun. Jack's tournament is the week before. I would think it's a good field. Also possible Tiger is in the field.
Good point. I like the Canadian Open as well. Both nice appetizers to the June main event.

Gillis concluded by wishing Scheffler and his family “all the best.” But he wasn’t done yet. He included a postscript: “Yes, the department has us buying freaking $80 pants. To those concerned, they were indeed ruined. But Scottie, it’s all good. I never would’ve guessed I’d have the most famous pair of pants in the country for a few weeks because of this. Take care and be safe.”

Gillis concluded by wishing Scheffler and his family “all the best.” But he wasn’t done yet. He included a postscript: “Yes, the department has us buying freaking $80 pants. To those concerned, they were indeed ruined. But Scottie, it’s all good. I never would’ve guessed I’d have the most famous pair of pants in the country for a few weeks because of this. Take care and be safe.”
Seems like he has turned the page with a bit of humor. Maybe a statement to avoid additional disciplinary action. Apparently he did hit Scotty with a flashlight during the altercation.
Glad it was settled quick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT