ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 PGA Championship

I still wear my #23 Brian Leonard jersey (no name just number) from the 2006 season to games, I guess I am remiss in my duties as a grown man
I love my Pacheco KC jersey. So happy my Chiefs got a RU player. I tried to find Marcus Cooper’s jersey but couldn’t find it. Guess nickel DBs don’t get a lot of love.

Does phil really mix it up with a bunch of “guys”?

I’ve heard the rumors about him owing money to some people who know people

Does phil really mix it up with a bunch of “guys”?

I’ve heard the rumors about him owing money to some people who know people
Seems like a case of exactly who owed who?

"A mob-connected bookie from Grosse Pointe Park handled lucrative bets for Phil Mickelson and was accused of cheating the PGA Tour golfer out of $500,000, according to federal court records obtained by The Detroit News."

• Haha
Reactions: Joey Bags
Seems like a case of exactly who owed who?

"A mob-connected bookie from Grosse Pointe Park handled lucrative bets for Phil Mickelson and was accused of cheating the PGA Tour golfer out of $500,000, according to federal court records obtained by The Detroit News."

In the industry that’s called leverage. Lefty Two-Strokes out here fleecing a bunch of goombas, you love to see it

Another ESPN reporter with Darlington was also at the scene, but watched fromt he ESPN van.

Also, Louisville is apparently going to release some footage from a fixed camera across the street later this week and now the police department is reviewing procedures and changes needed for situations like this. They admitted that while it's understandable that the body cam wouldn't be on at first contact between the two, when Gillis was pulling Scheffler from/away from the car to handcuff him, there was no excuse to not have the body camera on.

>The incident report from the Louisville Metro Police Department states that an officer approached Scheffler’s car wearing a full uniform and a “high-visibility yellow reflective rain jacket” and attempted to give instructions. The report states that Scheffler “refused to comply and accelerated forward,” dragging the officer to the ground. The officer was treated at a nearby hospital for minor injuries.

Scheffler attributed the incident to a misunderstanding, saying he was unaware of the accident and was following instructions he had been previously given in order to enter the course.<

https://www.yardbarker.com/golf/art...edium=email&mb_edition=20240520&mb_loc=left_r

I don’t think that matters. The point is that this is at most a moving traffic violation. Stretching it o a felony assault is abuse of power.
The orange raincoats were for private security.
Agree that it's sounds like they are stretching the truth. Didn't they have a hearing today?

Last edited:
I believe the hearing was pushed to June 3rd.
By then the matter will be settled'
Scottie admitting to making a mistake and being confused.
The officer absolved for arresting Scottie , but admitting he could have handled the incident better
>Louisville Mayor Craig Greenberg confirmed Tuesday that the Louisville Metro Police Department will launch an investigation into whether the officers who arrested Scottie Scheffler on Friday morning outside Valhalla Golf Club -- before the second round of the 2024 PGA Championship -- followed proper protocol.<

New video out. Can’t see how this will go forward. Scotty’s attorney is not going to settle or accept lesser chargers.

Reactions: Rutgers Chris

This one seems clear enough that the whole thing is completely fabricated. Anyone else surprised he didn't throw a cooler at him to try and kill him?

I'll go by this and not a lawyers statement
>Gillis, dressed in full LMPD uniform and a reflective rain jacket, stopped Scheffler and attempted to give him instructions, but the subject “refused to comply and accelerated forward,” dragging the officer to the ground, damaging his uniform pants, valued at approximately $80, “beyond repair.”<
(I do like the damaged pants part)🙃
LOL

This one seems clear enough that the whole thing is completely fabricated. Anyone else surprised he didn't throw a cooler at him to try and kill him?
I think this is an overreaction by the cop (and charges will be dropped) but I don't think this is the "initial" incident. We need to see what happened before this video (which I am sure doesn't exist since this camera is blocked by cars). This video just appears to be him catching up to Scottie after an incident.

Reactions: Mufasa94
I think this is an overreaction by the cop (and charges will be dropped) but I don't think this is the "initial" incident. We need to see what happened before this video (which I am sure doesn't exist since this camera is blocked by cars). This video just appears to be him catching up to Scottie after an incident.
Agree that this doesn’t appear to be the “initial” interaction as they both entered the view from a similar location hidden by the traffic.

Agree that this doesn’t appear to be the “initial” interaction as they both entered the view from a similar location hidden by the traffic.
I doubt there was much, if any more interaction before this.

If Scottie really did floor it with a cop on his car before this the cop likely would have drawn his weapon and fired at him, and at a bare minimum would have ripped him out of the car and beat the shit out of him when he caught up to Scottie.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
I believe that is all of it. If fits the description of many eye witnesses accounts. He was approached by the 2nd cop and he proceeded about another 10 yards by all accounts.

I believe that is all of it. If fits the description of many eye witnesses accounts.
Really? Please provide a link to these many accounts. The one guy who early on talked about it said the officer attached to the vehicle. Attached could mean a couple things, but nothing I’d consider that is visible in the video.

He was approached by the 2nd cop and he proceeded about another 10 yards by all accounts.
Huh? There is no movement of the vehicle when officers are next to him in this video, there is an approximate 10 yard movement from where the vehicle’s view was obstructed.

Reactions: Section124
Really? Please provide a link to these many accounts. The one guy who early on talked about it said the officer attached to the vehicle. Attached could mean a couple things, but nothing I’d consider that is visible in the video.

Huh? There is no movement of the vehicle when officers are next to him in this video, there is an approximate 10 yard movement from where the vehicle’s view was obstructed.

The ESPN guy in the same van as Darlington provided an interview to Golf Magazine and he seemed to take the position that it was the cop who caused all of this and said from his perspective, it looked like the cop got pissed that Scheffler continued straight and ran alongside the car and fell. When asked about Darlington's claim that the officer attached himself to the car, he said he couldn't confirm that saying Darlington might be right, just that from his perspective, it looked like the officer may have stumbled chasing Scheffler after Scheffler started to move forward again.

One witnesses' account seems to put Scheffler in the wrong .
But since there was another officer has been said said to have waved him along and that made Scottie feel he could keep going, it might be a case of Scottie being confused when he continued going after being told to stop by a second cop directing traffic
>ESPN’s Bob Wischusen, the Jets play-by-play voice for ESPN NY radio, was in a van along with Jeff Darlington, who documented Scheffler’s arrest on his phone and reported extensively on the events that day.
Wischusen stayed in the van but still had a view of the confrontation and provided new details and further context on the scene that shocked the sports world in an exclusive interview with Golf.com.
The longtime ESPN voice said Gillis approached Scheffler’s car as the vehicle pulled past the ESPN van on the left.
“Whoa, whoa, whoa, who are you? Where are you going? Get back in line. You’re not allowed to come through here,” Wischusen said of Gillis’ initial interaction with Scheffler.<

Last edited:

There's enough on this thread. Do your own homework. Besides you posted a video that says 10 yards too.

Last edited:
One witnesses' account seems to put Scheffler in the wrong .
But since there was another officer has been said said to have waved him along and that made Scottie feel he could keep going, it might be a case of Scottie being confused when he continued going after being told to stop by a second cop directing traffic
>ESPN’s Bob Wischusen, the Jets play-by-play voice for ESPN NY radio, was in a van along with Jeff Darlington, who documented Scheffler’s arrest on his phone and reported extensively on the events that day.
Wischusen stayed in the van but still had a view of the confrontation and provided new details and further context on the scene that shocked the sports world in an exclusive interview with Golf.com.
The longtime ESPN voice said Gillis approached Scheffler’s car as the vehicle pulled past the ESPN van on the left.
“Whoa, whoa, whoa, who are you? Where are you going? Get back in line. You’re not allowed to come through here,” Wischusen said of Gillis’ initial interaction with Scheffler.<

IF you read the actual Golf.com interview, Wischusen seems tend to blame the cop moreso than Scheffler. He says it was the cop that flipped out first after Scheffler pulled around the ESPN van. After speaking, Scheffler started to move and from where Wischusen was sitting in the van, it looked like the cop just tripped trying to chase the car. He said he can't speak for Darlington's claim about attaching to the car just that it being dark, wet and there were outcrops in the median, looked like the cop just fell.

IF you read the actual Golf.com interview, Wischusen seems tend to blame the cop moreso than Scheffler. He says it was the cop that flipped out first after Scheffler pulled around the ESPN van. After speaking, Scheffler started to move and from where Wischusen was sitting in the van, it looked like the cop just tripped trying to chase the car. He said he can't speak for Darlington's claim about attaching to the car just that it being dark, wet and there were outcrops in the median, looked like the cop just fell.
I seen where the cop was accused of overreacting and believe that's true.
But I feel Scheffler ignored that cop and continued to drive ahead when he was told to stop.
From everything reported about the incident Scheffler's actions were because he was confused over having one cop instruct him to keep going then have another pop us wanting him to stop.
He kept going the second cop started after him and took a tumble , then got pissed and overreacted because he fell , arresting Scottie rather than give him a ticket or allow an explanation.

In any case Scheffler didn't heed a police officer directing traffic command to stop and that is the beginning of the problem.
I'm sure no charges will be filed, Scheffler will be given a warning about what he did, without any punishment and all sides will agree they wasn't an intent to ignore the command to stop, just Scheffler being confused about that order right after being allowed to continue by another cop directing traffic.

Without the cop's body cam footage this is a case of Scheffler's word against the cops description of what happened and that makes it a choice between what version to accept.

There's enough on this thread.
Ha. Those are words used by someone that can’t support their view.
Do your own homework.
My “homework” already supported what I wrote.
Besides you posted a video that says 10 yards too.
Yes, 10 yards after the first interaction. The vehicle in the video doesn’t move when an officer is next to it. Thus, there was an earlier interaction we can’t see.

Reactions: Section124
Ha. Those are words used by someone that can’t support their view.

My “homework” already supported what I wrote.

Yes, 10 yards after the first interaction. The vehicle in the video doesn’t move when an officer is next to it. Thus, there was an earlier interaction we can’t see.
You see it move on the video. There was no officer being dragged. Are you saying it moved 10 yards twice now?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT