ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 PGA Championship

Not 100% sure but from what I understand,he took off with a cop holding onto his car and went 10-15 yards taking the cop with him.

The police report says the cop grabbed the car, was then knocked down after car kept moving, sustained an injured wrist that required some medical attention and his pants were torn.

More reports saying that Scheffler tried to use the middle lane to get into the club. The main road outside the entrance to Valhalla has one of those "median"/turning lanes for both directions. Traffic was stopped so he thought he could use that lane to get to the entrance and turn in, which others were doing. Cop finally had enough, stopped him and the rest is history.

The police report says the cop grabbed the car, was then knocked down after car kept moving, sustained an injured wrist that required some medical attention and his pants were torn.

More reports saying that Scheffler tried to use the middle lane to get into the club. The main road outside the entrance to Valhalla has one of those "median"/turning lanes for both directions. Traffic was stopped so he thought he could use that lane to get to the entrance and turn in, which others were doing. Cop finally had enough, stopped him and the rest is history.
My wife heard an interview with another golfer who stated the players routinely drive around traffic back-ups at the entrance to these events. Obviously, this one was a bit different. Golfer also said he won't be doing it any longer after today.

What a disaster to start the day. First a person was killed by a shuttle bus this morning, now Scottie Scheffler was roughed up by police and arrested after confusion at the crash scene. Scheffler is still in jail now.

Today’s rounds are current delayed.
It happens

Bottom line, and this applies to everyone. When a police officer instructs you to do something, you comply. Even if you disagree with the order and/or you think you’re exempt from following the commands.

It is a no win situation for the civilian.

Statement from Scottie Scheffler: “This morning, I was proceeding as directed by police officers. It was a very chaotic situation, understandably so considering the tragic accident that had occurred earlier, and there was a big misunderstanding of what I thought I was being asked to do. I never intended to disregard any of the instructions. I’m hopeful to put this to the side and focus on golf today. “Of course, all of us involved in the tournament express our deepest sympathies to the family of the man who passed away in the earlier accident this morning. It truly puts everything in perspective.”

Reactions: CerealNTacos
It’s funny that almost all “misunderstandings” begin with someone not obeying a cop..

Just comply with officers and things generally turn out fine
there are multiple witnesses who said another cop was directing everyone to move forward so perhaps he was obeying. I'm with you on just listen and everything will work out fine but add in darkness, rain, a horrible tragedy and lots of traffic. Cop may have had enough at that point, but does seem like an overreaction but hard to say while sitting in NJ

there are multiple witnesses who said another cop was directing everyone to move forward so perhaps he was obeying. I'm with you on just listen and everything will work out fine but add in darkness, rain, a horrible tragedy and lots of traffic. Cop may have had enough at that point, but does seem like an overreaction but hard to say while sitting in NJ

If police report is accurate and cop sent to hospital with injuries..certainly not an overreaction to arrest him.

It’s funny that almost all “misunderstandings” begin with someone not obeying a cop..

Cops are not always good at giving directions. This one sounds like one cop said this and the other cop said that.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Cops are not always good at giving directions. This one sounds like one cop said this and the other cop said that.

Possibly..but again..comply with cops. 2nd cop comes to talk..don’t just speed away cause first cop says you could.

what is 2nd degree assault charge all about then? Doesn't that mean the victim suffered an injury? I find it hard to believe he assaulted a cop
The "assault" charge is via moving his car since it bumped or rubbed the cop. Nothing SS did himself.

Totally..but everything I’m reading now…from what I know now…Scottie should have stopped when cop approached. Even if he was told by another cop down the road to go..
It was dark, raining, more than 1 cop directing traffic (purportedly) - did Scheffler see the officer that was injured? I'll wait for the facts.

The problem is that a lot of municipal cops have really bad situational management skills. If there is a confusing situation and you are unsure what is being asked of you, and then the cop starts screaming at you while you still don’t understand what is being asked of you, it’s incredibly unnerving and you will likely not make the right decision.

Happened to me once in new brunswick pulling out after a basketball game at the RAC when there was similar traffic chaos.

Not 100% sure but from what I understand,he took off with a cop holding onto his car and went 10-15 yards taking the cop with him.
Cop latches onto SS car and SS is charged with felony assault? Listen, if he disobeys an order to stop, he is at fault. Does he really know the police officer is attached to his car in the dark? Should the officer be attached?
Statement from Scottie Scheffler: “This morning, I was proceeding as directed by police officers. It was a very chaotic situation, understandably so considering the tragic accident that had occurred earlier, and there was a big misunderstanding of what I thought I was being asked to do. I never intended to disregard any of the instructions. I’m hopeful to put this to the side and focus on golf today. “Of course, all of us involved in the tournament express our deepest sympathies to the family of the man who passed away in the earlier accident this morning. It truly puts everything in perspective.”
Thank you Scottie's lawyer and PR team..well prepared.

Cop latches onto SS car and SS is charged with felony assault? Listen, if he disobeys an order to stop, he is at fault. Does he really know the police officer is attached to his car in the dark? Should the officer be attached?

Thank you Scottie's lawyer and PR team..well prepared.
This statement is perfectly reasonable.

And everyone blaming the weather..the darkness..the chaos…he was able to see clearly the cop telling him to go..but suddenly turned dark, chaotic and rainy when the cop telling him stop shows up?? I find it funny he saw the cop telling him to go clearly then had issues seeing the cop telling him to stop..

Reactions: Mufasa94
And one cop told him to stop..which he didn’t. Had he listened to that cop..for at least 5 seconds..nothing likely would have happened
I'll go by this and not a lawyers statement
>Gillis, dressed in full LMPD uniform and a reflective rain jacket, stopped Scheffler and attempted to give him instructions, but the subject “refused to comply and accelerated forward,” dragging the officer to the ground, damaging his uniform pants, valued at approximately $80, “beyond repair.”<
(I do like the damaged pants part)🙃

Reactions: Scarlet1984
And everyone blaming the weather..the darkness..the chaos…he was able to see clearly the cop telling him to go..but suddenly turned dark, chaotic and rainy when the cop telling him stop shows up?? I find it funny he saw the cop telling him to go clearly then had issues seeing the cop telling him to stop..

well none of us know where the cop was standing that told him to stop. You are assuming he also heard both cops with his windows closed and just chose to ignore one of them. Its not like he's some out of control rock star who's on a bender in a car filled with strippers. I'm sure if he heard or saw the other cop he would have obeyed.

well none of us know where the cop was standing that told him to stop. You are assuming he also heard both cops with his windows closed and just chose to ignore one of them. Its not like he's some out of control rock star who's on a bender in a car filled with strippers. I'm sure if he heard or saw the other cop he would have obeyed.

I do think he chose to ignore the cop that told him to stop. Many professional athletes are entitled, think they can get away with things others can’t. Not just athletes, but famous people in general. Even in the video, the reporter asks..”do you know who that is???”..as if cause he’s a golfer he shoujd be safe. I’d have to think Scottie had that same feeling..

• Haha
Reactions: newell138
Wow I didn't know there was so many Scotty Scheffler haters on this board! They must be pissed he is playing well today!

I’m not a schefler hater at all. Impressive seeing what he’s doing out there this morning…awesome to see!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT