ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 PGA Championship

All the mud balls? That's your complaint?? But you just have to complain about something as always.
Relax. It was a joke because they keep mentioning it on the coverage. Would like to see Lowery and Rose follow up their great rounds. Can they firm up the greens to bring more guys into the mix? Should be a great day

I took Bryaon at +4000 before it started. Now I'm forced to root for him over two guys I like, Colin and Xander. Either way, I'm hoping for a fun finish.
If you don't mind me asking, how much of a wager?
Golf has great payoffs IF you have the winner.

I took Bryaon at +4000 before it started. Now I'm forced to root for him over two guys I like, Colin and Xander. Either way, I'm hoping for a fun finish.
Bryson is having a solid major season so far this year.

Off the top 10 the total number of places moved up during yesterday's round was 148 places. Leading those numbers were Justin Rose and Robert MacIntyre both move up 41 spots and Viktor Hovland moving up 34 spots to #4 and just 2 shots from the lead. Talk about moving day!!

• Wow
Reactions: newell138
Scottie Scheffler's third round fade might just prove how important personal caddies are to the players
Ted Scott ,Scheffler's usual caddie , attended his daughter's high school graduation Saturday .
So a friend of Scottie (Brad Payne) who has caddied on the tour took Scott's place in the third round
Scottie shot a 2 over 73

Reactions: newell138
Great tournament so far today. This one will go to the end.

That being said, did they limit tickets? Seems like a very small crowd for a major. The layout not so great for spectator locations.

Things are heating up. XS just bogeyed the easiest hole on the course (par 5 10th) to drop into a tie with Hovland. As Trevor was saying on TV, bad decision to go for the green in 2 from the bunker instead of playing to his best wedge distance and probably being 50/50 to make birdie.

Last edited:
Things are heating up. XS just bogeyed the easiest hole on the course (par 5 12th) to drop into a tie with Hovland. As Trevor was saying on TV, bad decision to go for the green in 2 from the bunker instead of playing to his best wedge distance and probably being 50/50 to make birdie.
Picking nits, but XS bogeyed the 10th, not the 12th. Responded well with a nice tee shot into the par 3 11th with a good chance at birdie. Going to be a tight one down the finish I think.

Wow, Hovland takes a temporary lead at -19 with a pure putt on 13, DeChambeau follows up with a birdie to get to -18 and then Xander holes a very nice putt on 11 to re-tie Hovland at -19. Rose lurking at -16 and Collin at -15 with pars on every hole so far. Going to be a wild ride in, I think.

Picking nits, but XS bogeyed the 10th, not the 12th. Responded well with a nice tee shot into the par 3 11th with a good chance at birdie. Going to be a tight one down the finish I think.
Agree this is going to a down to the wire finish. But I believe it's down to the top 4/5 at this point.

DeChambeau just got one of the luckiest breaks imaginable with that tree hit on 16 - not a fan, so will be annoyed if he wins. Been pulling for XS to win his first major for a few years now. One stroke lead now...

Relax. It was a joke because they keep mentioning it on the coverage. Would like to see Lowery and Rose follow up their great rounds. Can they firm up the greens to bring more guys into the mix? Should be a great day
That’s one way to get over from losing the lead last week. It was only a matter of time for XS. His game is so good and he can bomb it.
Maybe next time you are making a joke add a 🤣. You are not know to be a funny guy.
Agree that it could be a great day. And it was! XS is now a major winner, well deserved.
By far the best tournament of the year. Even with the mud balls! 😁
Golf needs to settle it all and get all the best players playing together again. This has been an awful year until today.
I'm excited for The Open.

Quite a few, apparently. Seen similar happen at baseball games snagging foul balls.
Since we're in the 3rd row from the floor at RU hoops games, we get a lot of t-shirts thrown at us and our group of four is always jostling for them, as it's fun. I caught 7 last year, lol, as I have longer arms and am taller than most of the group. I gave 3 away to our crew and gave 3 away to some young kids in the vicinity (it made their night) and kept one as I have tons of RU t-shirts.

LOL what kind of grown man is so desperate for a golf ball that he'd take it from a kid?
Had an office down the street from the Hyatt Grand Central. Many MLB teams stay there when in town. The grown men hawking these players with binders of cards and balls was amazing.

Biggest tools I have ever seen. 30-50 year old men all with their parents keys hanging from a shoelace around their necks.

Reactions: BossNJ
I'd love to see a cross section of people at sporting events that would take a ball from a kid with those that wear jerseys with either their last name or that of their favorite player on them.
Whoa whoa whoa. A jersey with your favorite player's name on it is completely acceptable. Putting your own name on a jersey is psychopathic behavior

Any grown man that wears the jersey of another man has serious issues.
I still wear my #23 Brian Leonard jersey (no name just number) from the 2006 season to games, I guess I am remiss in my duties as a grown man

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT