ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Aaron Judge

I’ll hit 10 minutes of ground balls to anyone posting on this site who hasn’t played baseball at a high level.
If you mange to not break a finger, your nose, or worse take a bad hop in the eye, you than have to in one motion field the ball and make an accurate throw to first base with something on it, most of you couldn’t get the ball past the pitchers mound.
You’ll then need to visit your family doctor.
99.9 of you could never come close to completing the task and look remotely like an athlete while doing it.

95 would look like a monkey f’ing a football playing baseball
Zap- it is amazing how you can find the bitter wan Abe’s. They love to refer to it being just a game and should try a real job. And while these wannabes are not even close to the top 2% of their own profession. They have most likely never even had a single week in their life that equates to what it takes. And yes, even in baseball- it isn’t a beer league

Zap- it is amazing how you can find the bitter wan Abe’s. They love to refer to it being just a game and should try a real job. And while these wannabes are not even close to the top 2% of their own profession. They have most likely never even had a single week in their life that equates to what it takes. And yes, even in baseball- it isn’t a beer league
Some of us have.

But I bet almost all of us would have loved to have those God given gifts to get to that level of their favorite sport.

Where are the Judge haters the last few games. Some thing must be wrong with my computer.
Where are the Met and Phillie fans that like to troll this board when the Yankees have a bad game.

Last edited:
Reactions: fsg2 and Kbee3
Some of us have.

But I bet almost all of us would have loved to have those God given gifts to get to that level of their favorite sport.
A lot of guys with those god given gifts never worked hard enough to make it either. Even the most gifted have to work at it harder than anyone else. You don’t make it just because you are big or fast.
And yes, some people do work hard for there jobs.

A lot of guys with those god given gifts never worked hard enough to make it either. Even the most gifted have to work at it harder than anyone else. You don’t make it just because you are big or fast.
And yes, some people do work hard for there jobs.
I realize it’s more than just one thing, but none of us in the thread except for one got the gift to begin with.

You and I can work harder than anyone (diet, exercise, drills, special training/coaching, etc,) and it’s just not going to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: LETSGORU91
I realize it’s more than just one thing, but none of us in the thread except for one got the gift to begin with.

You and I can work harder than anyone (diet, exercise, drills, special training/coaching, etc,) and it’s just not going to happen.
I am going to disagree. I would bet there are a few people in this thread that had the “ gift”
They just didn’t work it hard enough.

I am going to disagree. I would bet there are a few people in this thread that had the “ gift”
They just didn’t work it hard enough.
No argument there.

But if you didn’t have it to begin with...

Also, we should all at least strive to be “Major League” spouses and parents. I think that’s in all of us. Even there, some as you say aren’t working hard enough in that dept.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Not really hate. He’s a very good player but extremely overrated
Extremely overrated? As a rookie, just four seasons ago, he finished 2nd in AL MVP voting with 52 HR's and a .422 OBP (155 games). Name the abundance of other guys currently in MLB with that kind of season on their resume. In fact, find me one, I'll wait. The man is capable of extraordinary numbers, if playing a full season.

Last edited:
Reactions: fsg2
Extremely overrated? As a rookie, just four seasons ago, he finished 2nd in AL MVP voting with 52 HR's and a .422 OBP (155 games). Name the abundance of other guys in MLB with that kind of season on their resume. In fact, find me one, I'll wait. The man is capable of extraordinary numbers, if playing a full season.

that was 4 years ago. Agree he’s capable of great numbers but injuries plus incistiency make him extremely overrated.

Is he hyped like he was? Doesn't seem like it, but I just watch the games. Seemed hype quieted some as he came down to earth from that rookie season, like with any player. But hard to tell from out of market during Covid.

that was 4 years ago. Agree he’s capable of great numbers but injuries plus incistiency make him extremely overrated.
I don't think you know what the word overrated means. Overrated means your actual ability, skill, or quality are less than what some people or pundits think. To be "extremely overrated" would be to say his abilities are far less than what some people or pundits think.

When you make that statement knowing that 2018 and 2019 were impacted significantly due to injury and 2020 was cut short due to a pandemic, you make it clear that you a blinded by hatred toward the Yankees or the player because the only argument you have is to look at the final season stats.

If he plays this full season and puts up pedestrian numbers, then let's talk. Until then, extremely overrated sounds like words of a hater.

Extremely overrated may more appropriately fit Pete Alonso, but I would like to give him a full non-pandemic shortened season before making such a declaration,

Reactions: WhiteBus
I agree with you guys. Judge is NOT overrated. I really hope he does get 140 games in because I would love to see it.
Though, while not overrated, he has disappointed but only because of injury but when health, maybe one of the top 5-10 all around best players in the game.

Judge's 162 game avg:

.273/.390/.558/.940, 45 HR, 103 RBI

Yea.....so overrated. Lol.

His problem is that his 162 game average also looks like a 3 year total.

Okay but we’re talking about how he performs when he’s on the field. When he’s on the field he’s an MVP level player. I get it. He has to stay healthy. But he’s MVP level.

Okay but we’re talking about how he performs when he’s on the field. When he’s on the field he’s an MVP level player. I get it. He has to stay healthy. But he’s MVP level.
I agree and can only hope to see what he can do if he stays on the field fit 140+ games.
People here, calling him overrated, are doing so because he hasn’t earned a damn thing yet. He has to stay on the field.

Reactions: mikemarc1
I agree and can only hope to see what he can do if he stays on the field fit 140+ games.
People here, calling him overrated, are doing so because he hasn’t earned a damn thing yet. He has to stay on the field.

Please define "hasn't earned a damn thing yet"?

FYI - the guy who liked your post called him "the most overrated player in MLB" and "extremely overrated". Gotta love it when fans of other teams come to troll. The guy has had injuries, but he's pretty damn good.......selective at the plate, hits to all fields, good average, very good OBP and Slugging pct, rifle for an arm, hustles, good-very good defense, appears to be a team leader, says and does the right thing when handling the media......and yes, he strikes out a lot.

To call him any form of overrated is just plain silly and is either coming from a hater or someone who just doesn't get it. Injuries happen to most players, and have nothing to do with being overrated.

Please define "hasn't earned a damn thing yet"?

FYI - the guy who liked your post called him "the most overrated player in MLB" and "extremely overrated". Gotta love it when fans of other teams come to troll. The guy has had injuries, but he's pretty damn good.......selective at the plate, hits to all fields, good average, very good OBP and Slugging pct, rifle for an arm, hustles, good-very good defense, appears to be a team leader, says and does the right thing when handling the media......and yes, he strikes out a lot.

To call him any form of overrated is just plain silly and is either coming from a hater or someone who just doesn't get it. Injuries happen to most players, and have nothing to do with being overrated.

Ugh. I’m a huge Yankee fan.

Ugh. I’m a huge Yankee fan.
He isn't getting it- EVERYONE knows that Judge is uber talented. That is NOT what people are saying is overrated. But he should be a player that should be a top 10 guy that you would want to start a team with.
Overrated may be the wrong term- but under performed may be correct.

He isn't getting it- EVERYONE knows that Judge is uber talented. That is NOT what people are saying is overrated. But he should be a player that should be a top 10 guy that you would want to start a team with.

overhyped may be a better word?

LOL. So you're a HUGE Yankee fan who thinks that Judge is the most overrated player in MLB. How awesome of you.

not trying to be awesome. Just stating an opinion. You obviously disagree. All good. I root for a team..not a player.

and as i said a few posts up..maybe overhyped is the better word.

I perfectly get it. Overrated should and under performing should have nothing to do with a player being injured. Rate him by what he does on the field and how he impacts the game. If he is out too much with injury - then you might say an incomplete. If his career is marred by injury then you might claim it was unfortunate.

Don Mattingly did not make it to the HOF because he had to retire at 34 due to back injuries. Would you rank him as overrated, underperforming or overhyped? Really - your denigrating this guy is fairly pathetic. If a high performer in your organization is beset with a disabling disease which causes him/her to not be able to function at full capacity - do you classify them as overrated or underperforming?

I perfectly get it. Overrated should and under performing should have nothing to do with a player being injured. Rate him by what he does on the field and how he impacts the game. If he is out too much with injury - then you might say an incomplete. If his career is marred by injury then you might claim it was unfortunate.

Don Mattingly did not make it to the HOF because he had to retire at 34 due to back injuries. Would you rank him as overrated, underperforming or overhyped? Really - your denigrating this guy is fairly pathetic. If a high performer in your organization is beset with a disabling disease which causes him/her to not be able to function at full capacity - do you classify them as overrated or underperforming?

I was fairly young during Mattingly so can’t really categorize him

not trying to be awesome. Just stating an opinion. You obviously disagree. All good. I root for a team..not a player.

and as i said a few posts up..maybe overhyped is the better word.

I root for a team as well without de-humanizing a player simply because of injuries. Also - what does injuries have to do with being overhyped or not?

I root for a team as well without de-humanizing a player simply because of injuries. Also - what does injuries have to do with being overhyped or not?

De-humanizing??????? Exaggerate much. Lol

you seem very offended by my opinion. Guy is a very good player when he’s on the field..but his lack of being on the field..makes him in my opinion an overrated star or overhyped.

MLB and media had hyped him thru these last few years...when he misses the amount of games he has I think the hype should go to other players.

I was fairly young during Mattingly so can’t really categorize him

So you only have the ability to project anything that you actually see first hand? FYI - there is plenty of baseball data out there to look at.

Following your logic - here are some other examples of better players than Judge who you would rank as overhyped.....
  • Damn that over-hyped Bo Jackson - shame on him for losing a hip - OVERHYPED!!!
  • Griffey Jr. - you suck because of injuries you couln't get that extra hundred or so HRs - OVERHYPED for not reaching Hank Aaron's record.
  • Kaufax - had to retire at 30 due to injuries - OVERHYPED you say!!

while you're at it......Ted Williams - how dare you serve in the military. OVERHYPED for missing MLB games and not getting your full potential of numbers

So you only have the ability to project anything that you actually see first hand? FYI - there is plenty of baseball data out there to look at.

Following your logic - here are some other examples of better players than Judge who you would rank as overhyped.....
  • Damn that over-hyped Bo Jackson - shame on him for losing a hip - OVERHYPED!!!
  • Griffey Jr. - you suck because of injuries you couln't get that extra hundred or so HRs - OVERHYPED for not reaching Hank Aaron's record.

while you're at it......Ted Williams - how dare you serve in the military. OVERHYPED for missing MLB games and not getting your full potential of numbers

yes. I’m not gonna give an opinion on something I don’t see first hand. Data doesn’t tell the whole story.

Griffey is one of my favorite players I’ve watched. Again I was younger so don’t recall the hype surrounding him. (Sure there was a lot). So can’t really give my opinion on that aspect.
Bo and Sandy I don’t have much if any recollection

Last edited:
De-humanizing??????? Exaggerate much. Lol

you seem very offended by my opinion. Guy is a very good player when he’s on the field..but his lack of being on the field..makes him in my opinion an overrated star or overhyped.

MLB and media had hyped him thru these last few years...when he misses the amount of games he has I think the hype should go to other players.

Yep it kind of is de-humanizing - and I'm not offended at all -sports forums are for this type of debate. However, your argument points make no sense. Is that because you actually don't really follow the Yankees / MLB that closely in recent years? How much have you actually even watched/followed the past couple of years?
  • Your point on MLB/Media Hype is not correct - the Hype involving Judge the past several years has always had a caveat "when he is on the field" or in consideration of injuries. You are referencing "Hype" from prior to his injuries - so essentially - his current hype is consistent with the situation.
  • You originally pointed to "Overrated" and again bring it up in this post - and then conflict the point saying he's a very good player..... He's a good player period regardless of injuries to this point in his career.

yes. I’m not gonna give an opinion on something I don’t see first hand. Data doesn’t tell the whole story.

Griffey is one of my favorite players I’ve watched. Again I was younger so don’t recall the hype surrounding him. (Sure there was a lot). So can’t really give my opinion on that aspect.
Bo and Sandy I don’t have much if any recollection

If that's the case, how are you chiming in on Judge? Do you watch every minute of every Yankee game to attest your views based on what you see first hand?

Yep it kind of is de-humanizing - and I'm not offended at all -sports forums are for this type of debate. However, your argument points make no sense. Is that because you actually don't really follow the Yankees / MLB that closely in recent years? How much have you actually even watched/followed the past couple of years?
  • Your point on MLB/Media Hype is not correct - the Hype involving Judge the past several years has always had a caveat "when he is on the field" or in consideration of injuries. You are referencing "Hype" from prior to his injuries - so essentially - his current hype is consistent with the situation.
  • You originally pointed to "Overrated" and again bring it up in this post - and then conflict the point saying he's a very good player..... He's a good player period regardless of injuries to this point in his career.

Considering I work in media..sports media to be exact..and can probably say with 100% confidence ive watched more baseball the past 5 years working w/ my current employer..the two questions you ask are No and watch about 50 hours a week of baseball during the season.

How is it dehumanizing? he’s a very good player but not a top 25 player in the league as he’s on most lists. Just my opinion.

and if my arguments don’t make sense as you say then let’s just drop it. My opinion on him won’t change til he starts contributing more consistently,

If that's the case, how are you chiming in on Judge? Do you watch every minute of every Yankee game to attest your views based on what you see first hand?

I watch more baseball than you do. Not a dig at you. Just a fact. I probably watch more baseball than 95% of people.

let’s stop making this personal..and stay on topic?

Dude- seriously! AJ should be and has the ability to be a top 5 player in MLB...He has played in 65% of Yankee games since his rookie year. During a normal season- that equals 105 games per year he could have possibly impacted. Your comparisons suck- MAttingly had a 8 of 9 year stretch of which he played over 140 games. Griffey had 600+ HR- Bo played 2 sports and he is still considered untapped talent. Kaufax is a whole different beast. Let's see Judge have 8-9 years of production that DM did, 5-6 years that Kaufax had, 600+ HR's.
Judge cannot get through a season

Judge is an easy guy to root for. When he's healthy you have a guy who averages out to be a 40-50hr guy, in your line-up. Even if its only for 115 games a year, he has value. What will be interesting is the kind of money he's looking for. Might be happy with 6 years at $100 million. Whose going to give him more?

I’ll hit 10 minutes of ground balls to anyone posting on this site who hasn’t played baseball at a high level.
If you mange to not break a finger, your nose, or worse take a bad hop in the eye, you than have to in one motion field the ball and make an accurate throw to first base with something on it, most of you couldn’t get the ball past the pitchers mound.
You’ll then need to visit your family doctor.
99.9 of you could never come close to completing the task and look remotely like an athlete while doing it.
I'll take that bet and put 5k up to boot. Shoot me an email, we can steaks afterwards

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT