ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Annual Tiger Woods Comeback Thread

He's had several back operations. If you knew anything about disk surgery and the torque pressure on the lumbar region, you would know how silly guaranteeing him five years at that level. (And his right knee too). He's playing great right now; you're a fan; enjoy the ride. He's playing competitive golf again. There were several other much younger guys that were "this close" too. BTW, He's ranked 26th in the world right now.
Everyone is calling for Cali, where is this moron? At least Cali does it with a bit of fun and tongue in cheek. This bozo takes himself seriously!

Last edited:
Everybody is wrong sometimes, but good to see you acknowledge it - if we bumped threads every time someone was merely wrong, it would be constant, lol. Cali was way more than "merely wrong," though...
I was one who said both Tiger and Phil would never win again, any event. A week later Phil won [laughing]
Nobody had to search for the thread, it was still on the first page!

I was one who said both Tiger and Phil would never win again, any event. A week later Phil won [laughing]
Nobody had to search for the thread, it was still on the first page!

Between the Spring game (you and Scarlet were missed at Olde Queens Island and elsewhere) and The Masters Tournament, this was a tremendous sports weekend. Tailgating exceeded expectations, game met them , and The Masters was EPIC, needless to say. .Hope you had fun at your bud's man cave, lol

PS- you need a new Great Dane, as irreplaceable as Scarlett is. They come back reborn in the new puppy. Ours' was.

Between the Spring game (you and Scarlet were missed at Olde Queens Island and elsewhere) and The Masters Tournament, this was a tremendous sports weekend. Tailgating exceeded expectations, game met them , and The Masters was EPIC, needless to say. .Hope you had fun at your bud's man cave, lol

PS- you need a new Great Dane, as irreplaceable as Scarlett is. They come back reborn in the new puppy. Ours' was.
With time but not for the season. And to be honest I'm not looking forward to that first tailgate.

Tiger has the best chance to win the grand slam (all 4 majors in the same year) this year.

Happy for tiger and the game of golf. Let’s temper expectations for a grand slam. If he wins 1 more the rest of the his career I’d be surprised. There’s just so many good players now.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Watch the last 90 seconds of this to see how much the younger players ADORE Tiger for making them all rich, while still playing better them than all even 20 years older than them all. They don't care, he's their hero, he's the reason they all move to Jupiter, he's the reason they are ALL RICH. Most them them are very good for 3-5 years while he's been the best for 25 years. Hater alert....you might not enjoy this.

Tiger has the best chance to win the grand slam (all 4 majors in the same year) this year.
I'll put my foot in my mouth again simply because Pebble Beach has changed, he hasn't played it recently and the young guns and Molanari were crushing there drives past Tiger. Plus there will serious rough. Tiger paid no price for wayward drives at Augusta. Everyone will pay at Pebble

I'll put my foot in my mouth again simply because Pebble Beach has changed, he hasn't played it recently and the young guns and Molanari were crushing there drives past Tiger. Plus there will serious rough. Tiger paid no price for wayward drives at Augusta. Everyone will pay at Pebble
Who else has a chance at the grand slam this year?

Reactions: PaKnight
Let’s see any of the young guns today come back from that at age 43 and go on to win a masters. It shows how much better he is then everyone else. Even this new crop of players can’t compare to him.
I remember everyone trying to compare spieth to woods after he won his 3rd major st such a young age. Totally laughable.

4 back surgeries at age 43, doesn’t play for 3 years. Can barely walk let alone golf. Comes back and is best player in world again against all this “great competition”. Keep in mind he finished second at PGA and 6th st open championship. Guy is playing great in majors.

Watch the last 90 seconds of this to see how much the younger players ADORE Tiger for making them all rich, while still playing better them than all even 20 years older than them all. They don't care, he's their hero, he's the reason they all move to Jupiter, he's the reason they are ALL RICH. Most them them are very good for 3-5 years while he's been the best for 25 years. Hater alert....you might not enjoy this.

Zero of them would come back from 4 back surgeries at age 43 abd still be best in world.

It was a wonderful sight to see with all the players congratulating him. Etiquette-wise, notice that ONLY Ian Poulter took off his hat/visor when shaking his hand, as is the tradition at the end of any round. Not a criticism, but a compliment to Poulter.

Reactions: RutgHoops
I read the comments about Tiger's strengths (and weaknesses). Jack was interviewed on the golf channel after Tiger's win today. One of the positive things he had to say was "Tiger was the best there ever was at distance control with his irons." Maybe he was talking about 16 today. The hole that won him the Masters.

Let’s see any of the young guns today come back from that at age 43 and go on to win a masters. It shows how much better he is then everyone else. Even this new crop of players can’t compare to him.
I remember everyone trying to compare spieth to woods after he won his 3rd major st such a young age. Totally laughable.

4 back surgeries at age 43, doesn’t play for 3 years. Can barely walk let alone golf. Comes back and is best player in world again against all this “great competition”. Keep in mind he finished second at PGA and 6th st open championship. Guy is playing great in majors.
So true. people who understand golf know how great he was. From there, the math is simple...he gets older and although is never as good as he was in his prime, still figures to be able to lose some but still be as good as the best player today. That proved to be the exact, correct way of looking at this.

The other exact correct way of looking at this is that the very best players figure out how to master all areas of their game at the same time and then can play under pressure. But its like herding cats. Incredibly hard to do that. Look at Speith struggle with two or three areas of his game. Rory has been trying to get it altogether again for years now. Since Jack, nobody had been better at pulling it together and holding it together for sustained periods, than Woods. Norman was closest, btw, but he couldn't play under pressure. But why wouldn't a healthy Tiger be able to do that again?

His last three major finishes? T6 (with sole possession of lead on back nine, Sunday at the Open, 2nd at the PGA and now the W at The Masters.

And you know what? He's only going to get sharper from here. He's just figuring out that its ok to not hit it the farthest, that he can shape his driver both ways with a controlled motion that leaves him further back than the young guns but then, he's still the best in the world at flighting irons the correct distance, so its scary again, for everyone else. He led the field in GIR percentage this week. Said he hit the driver better than he had in years and years and you could tell he wanted to say, "better than I ever have."

He won teh Masters and putted terribly from 5-10 feet. If he figures that out, he might win a couple more majors this year. He won at Bethpage. He dominated at Pebble. Should be very interesting from here.

zyeg7oerecs21.jpg

With time but not for the season. And to be honest I'm not looking forward to that first tailgate.
Not to hijack the thread but I think dogs(family) always do this to me. Take your time in getting another dog, as someone else stated, they always come back to you. When the time is right, they will let you know. That first tailgate will be hard but do it in memory of your beloved.

Reactions: WhiteBus
On Saturday, there were 22 guys at -3 under or better. 15 were top 25 in the world. Makes it all the more sweeter.

My point which you and all the racist liberals on the board believe and try to convince others of is that the U.S. as inherently racist. Well the first post I put up shows we are not. a predominantly white gallery cheering on Tiger Woods.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT