ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Any use Costco for kitchen remodel?

RUBubba

All Conference
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2002
The Mrs and I have been talking about re-doing our kitchen counters and happen to see a thing in Costco as we were walking out that they have a service to do it.

Has anyone ever used them? Really curious.

Loews also has it.

I'm going to price out stuff there, but would rather use a trusted contractor to do the work. I have no idea who they contract out to do the work.

I have not used Costco for the remodel services so I can not speak directly to that. But Costco is a class A service company. Anything they put there name on is a quality product. Yes I am a Costco shill.

Originally posted by RUBubba:

The Mrs and I have been talking about re-doing our kitchen counters and happen to see a thing in Costco as we were walking out that they have a service to do it.

Has anyone ever used them? Really curious.
Check out Costco's guarantee of workmanship .
I think you'll find any complaint about the contractor they authorized will be settled to your complete satisfaction.
Especially if that contractor didn't repond to your concern about some of the work ( in process or finished) the way you felt
was the right way to address the issue.
Not only does that contractor have to meet your expectations, also has to meet Cosco's standards.

But you should check out other contractors that preform that work , if someone you trust recommends them.
It's better to get a couple of bids than just one and make sure if they are supplying the material you know what type of quality they are using.
The best workmanship can make cheap material look nicer, but maybe that look will not last as long as you expect it to
because of the material used and will be needed to be replaced before you thought it would .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT