ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Baseball Trivia

Eddie Mathews is maybe the most underrated baseball player ever. Of course he was a teammate of Hank Aaron who stole a lot of attention for good reasons.
The 1957-1958 Braves (who won one world championship and almost won a second) were a darn good team. Beside Mathews and Aaron, it had Frank Torres at 1b as well as a guy named Warren Spahn plus Lew Burdette on the mound.

The 1957-1958 Braves (who won one world championship and almost won a second) were a darn good team. Beside Mathews and Aaron, it had Frank Torres at 1b as well as a guy named Warren Spahn plus Lew Burdette on the mound.
Big fan of the Milwaukee Braves. I love their Braves hat. White M, blue cap and red brim.
I met Warren Spahn several times with the help Phillies Robin Roberts. Roberts and I became friends through a mutual friend in Philly. They were great people! And funny as hell.

Big fan of the Milwaukee Braves. I love their Braves hat. White M, blue cap and red brim.
I met Warren Spahn several times with the help Phillies Robin Roberts. Roberts and I became friends through a mutual friend in Philly. They were great people! And funny as hell.
I recall Spahn doing TV commentary. With 363 wins, he amply deserved having been elected to the Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility. BTW, he is a graduate of South Park High School.

Roberts also deserves his enshrinement. He didn't win 300 games, but consider that he spent much of his career with the Phillies.

I recall Spahn doing TV commentary. With 363 wins, he amply deserved having been elected to the Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility. BTW, he is a graduate of South Park High School.

Roberts also deserves his enshrinement. He didn't win 300 games, but consider that he spent much of his career with the Phillies.
Privately Roberts wanted to be in the HOF but he was much happier with his peers absolutely loving him. He was such a nice, friendly guy. He knew more about baseball during his time, knew everyone. Was also the guy that got All Star Old Timers games start in the 90s to raise money for former players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT