ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Big Heatwave Incoming

managed to begin a sneaky heatwave....#4 for me, not all in fact most of the state will not hit heatwave criteria until tomorrow or possibly later.

Sunday: 90
Monday: 92
Tuesday: 91

highs today will range from mids 80s to low 90s depending on how much sun one gets later this afternoon. Humidity levels remain high. Thursday looks to be the hottest of the week which highs in the mid 90s...low to mid 90s for Friday with more clouds mixing in and a small shower chance. Weekend looks iffy...showers and thunderstorms around but not even close to being pinpointed and it certainly will not be a washout but it also wont be as nice as last week...still should get some peaks of sun at times...highs will at least be in the upper 80s but could top 90 with enough sun.
its actually cold here today.. I tried taking some conf calls out on my deck and bailed it was too cold

managed to begin a sneaky heatwave....#4 for me, not all in fact most of the state will not hit heatwave criteria until tomorrow or possibly later.

Sunday: 90
Monday: 92
Tuesday: 91

highs today will range from mids 80s to low 90s depending on how much sun one gets later this afternoon. Humidity levels remain high. Thursday looks to be the hottest of the week which highs in the mid 90s...low to mid 90s for Friday with more clouds mixing in and a small shower chance. Weekend looks iffy...showers and thunderstorms around but not even close to being pinpointed and it certainly will not be a washout but it also wont be as nice as last week...still should get some peaks of sun at times...highs will at least be in the upper 80s but could top 90 with enough sun.
I don't think it should be a heatwave unless the actual temps reach over 95 with high humidity. Anything less is just summer weather.

Glad to hear you say it. I've been chugging those pink allergy pills all summer; never been that way for me before...
"Pink" allergy pills? My God, man! This is a football forum. There's no admitting to taking pink colored pills in a football forum.

Real men only ever eat little blue pills. And they eat them like cereal, bowls-full at a time.

This ad approved by friends of Bob Dole.

• Love
Reactions: dconifer
"Pink" allergy pills? My God, man! This is a football forum. There's no admitting to taking pink colored pills in a football forum.

Real men only ever eat little blue pills. And they eat them like cereal, bowls-full at a time.
Geez, if you do that, might as well hang laundry to dry on that thing.

• Haha
Reactions: mildone
Went out to sit in the car for a bit - even in the shade it was really stuffy and uncomfortable.

I don't think it should be a heatwave unless the actual temps reach over 95 with high humidity. Anything less is just summer weather.
I've never thought the heatwave criterion should be 90F around here, when the average high for most is in the 85-87F range.

I've also been reminded of why I hate Florida, especially in the summer, as I'm visiting my dad in Vero and every single day has the same forecast during most of the summer (and even for much of late spring and early fall): hot and humid with high temps in the low 90s and heat indices around 105F and a chance of t-storms. Every. Single. Day.

hit 99 before clouds rolled in

sunday: 92
monday: 90
tuesday: 91
wednesday: 93
thursday: 99

Friday will see mid 90s while Saturday and Sunday will be near 90 or low 90s depending on enough sun and Monday looks low 90s as well before cooler air advances midweek. Potentially 4 more days to add to this heatwave

I've never thought the heatwave criterion should be 90F around here, when the average high for most is in the 85-87F range.

I've also been reminded of why I hate Florida, especially in the summer, as I'm visiting my dad in Vero and every single day has the same forecast during most of the summer (and even for much of late spring and early fall): hot and humid with high temps in the low 90s and heat indices around 105F and a chance of t-storms. Every. Single. Day.
Summer heat plus boring flatness of terrain are just two reasons why I dislike FL. Snakes is another.

It didn't seem as humid as predicted here in Philadelphia area. Rode the bike through Wissahickon Forbidden Trail in the wonderful shade along the ride. Some days you leave road bike at home and ride the fat tire bike. The return along the Schuylkill River was miserable in the sun, I was on fire!! 😂

Last edited:
It didn't seem as humid as predicted here in Philadelphia area. Rode the bike through Wissahickon Forbidden Trail in the wonderful shade along the ride. Some All days you leave road bike at home and ride the fat tire bike. The return along the Schuylkill River was miserable the sun was on fire!! 😂
Fact-checked and edited.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT