ADVERTISEMENT

OT: BIG Track and Field championships this weekend

When you go to nationals you are taking a relay here an individual here not a full team event.
A more accurate calculation would be to take the 1983 ic4a Rutgers team results in time and distance
Apply them to the 1983 big 10 championship meet.
In that instance Rutgers would Win. I pretty sure. We would score in most if not all events
Elliott's Qwow, would have won the 60, 200, 400
We would have others score in those events

Eugene Norman would have won the hh
Others would have scored as well

Brian Westman 1 or 2 in the 800
4x4 ours
4x8. ours
DMR ours
Should I keep going?
We had jumpers Conrad otty
We had throws the Vikings. Lol
We had distance Pete Glavin RIP
Craig Shmit Shmitty. Mia
Middle distance debt never seen since at RU

Thanks for listening
I am putting this to Bed.
I hope being in the BIg 10 allows us to have large teams with that kind of depth again. It would be great fun and I know with the right resources it can happen for RU Track. Give Mike everything he needs and he will get it done.

Last edited:
Reactions: RURod

4x4 ours
4x8. ours
DMR ours
Should I keep going?
Craig Shmit Shmitty. Mia

Thanks for listening
I hope being in the BIg 10 allows us to have large teams with that kind of depth again. It would be great fun and I know with the right resources it can happen for RU Track. Give Mike everything he needs and he will get it done.

Why mention of Dan Monceck (HJ; High Hurdles) and Larry Bermayer (distance)?

Why mention of Dan Monceck (HJ; High Hurdles) and Larry Bermayer (distance)?
Danny Graduated in 1982, 7 foot high jumper
If Danny was there in 1983 he would have won or scored top 3, and we win the Ic4as
Not sure if Bergmyer was an Ic4a qualifier? Larry btw
Mia? Where is he? Larry you out there?

Just watched the video. Besides the last 5-10 meters, he looked exactly the same the whole race. Form was perfect. Thing of beauty. Go RU!!!
Really did seem effortless this guys upside is big.
I love to see what he could do at 800 meters.
Hear that Mike! Lol

He actually ran 46.43

Finals
1 1152 Brown, Izaiah FR Rutgers 46.43
2 777 Rush, Cody SR Nebraska 46.61
3 751 Alexandre, Oliver FR Nebraska 46.75
4 260 Harris, Mar'yea FR Iowa 46.83
5 763 Koroknai, Mate JR Nebraska 46.86
6 883 Page, Champ SR Ohio State 46.87
7 463 McLaughlin, Taylor FR Michigan 46.90
8 676 Wellenstein, Jack FR Minnesota 47.03

The times listed above are from the prelim round. He did run a 45.62 in the final. This is per Lightning timing which has all of the championship results. The time is confirmed is the SK.com article which points out his time is the fastest collegiate time so far this season.

4x4 ours
4x8. ours
DMR ours
Should I keep going?
Craig Shmit Shmitty. Mia

Thanks for listening

Brian Westman, IE Jim Westman, 2:23 in the 1,000 meter wins the 800 hands down. Dont forget our current coach Lou Tomlinson and Egon Brown,, definitely adding some points in the sprints. Boris Pendergrass and Eugene Norman would go 1-2 in the hurdles and Jim Cherry in the weights. Dave Hughes, Dave Bynoe and Vinnie Muttarelli on the 4x800!

That was a great team and a lot of fun that year, no team was louder than RU at any meet!

Back on point, Congrats to Mike and the RU team for making some noise this year and moving from dead last in 2015 to a very respectable 9th, scoring 40 points. Very good considering he has a lot less scholarships to work with than any of the other teams. Give them a fully funded team and we can start keeping some of NJ's best home just like wrestling and being a force in the BIG

Last edited:
Reactions: socaldave
Video of Izaiah Brown's 400M win:

GREAT to see Brown crushing Mclaughlin from Michigan. He was the top HS 400 meter runner last year in HS and went to Union Catholic in NJ. Would love to see his sister come to RU but thats doubtful. She is a junior at Union Catholic and was the world youth champ in the 400 hurdles last year. She ran 53 yesterday in the 400 at the MOC breaking the state record.

Reactions: socaldave
Thanks for fixing Jims name, he was a beast, I know we have left guys out, my Alzheimer's is kicking in. We all know none of it happens without Gags!!!
We would all to a man run through fire for him.
Let's also not forget Greg Dukiedukie Knoll.
Balls of steel
Lol just like John Wayne!
Dave Bynoe at 53 still running killing on the masters circuit

If he had an eligibility left he could be on the 4x8 today
Lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT