ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bitcoin, Altcoins, NFT's & All Things Crypto

Somebody is definitely lying. Hard to believe these guys were smart enough to hack into a pipeline but not smart enough to secure their bitcoin.

Exactly! I said the same thing in a prior post. If it is that easy to get or if feds had some way to crack SHA256 encryption then there is a bigger problem, nothing would be secure. Lets see if they miraculous get back the 11m that JBS meat processing paid.

Exactly! I said the same thing in a prior post. If it is that easy to get or if feds had some way to crack SHA256 encryption then there is a bigger problem, nothing would be secure. Lets see if they miraculous get back the 11m that JBS meat processing paid.

This will make you laugh:

Somebody is definitely lying. Hard to believe these guys were smart enough to hack into a pipeline but not smart enough to secure their bitcoin.
I read somewhere that these hackers who hacked the pipeline company were not the smartest in the underground world and weren'tlooking to target a large piece of U.S. infrastructure; they just came up lucky on a big fish with poor InfoSec.

Reactions: redking
I read somewhere that these hackers who hacked the pipeline company were not the smartest in the underground world and weren'tlooking to target a large piece of U.S. infrastructure; they just came up lucky on a big fish with poor InfoSec.

That could be it, but to me there are more questions than answers to this story right now. If the FBI could actually do what they say, then I think bitcoin would have taken a bigger hit. Seems like the bitcoin owners aren't buying it.

That could be it, but to me there are more questions than answers to this story right now. If the FBI could actually do what they say, then I think bitcoin would have taken a bigger hit. Seems like the bitcoin owners aren't buying it.
The story you posted is even crazier than mine. I like it. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: RUDead

if that is the case then I may buy into the fact that they put the coins in a custodial account.

This will make you laugh:

That is crazy........a friend of mine believes that it is all staged to hammer crypto so either

1- Big corp and gov can buy in on the dip

or

2- Because the gov has no control over it.

Reactions: RUDead
That is crazy........a friend of mine believes that it is all staged to hammer crypto so either

or

The whole situation is bizarre. I can’t comment on conspiracy theories but I always believed that the security and anonymity of crypto was complete BS. I don’t care how “secure” people think their wallet/crypto platforms are. There is nothing in the cyber world that can’t be hacked and nobody realizes how many back-doors exist.

From ARK Invest regarding El Salvador. One of the biggest benefits is that BTC is not subject to cap gains taxes in the country. #wow

More countries to follow suit.

El Salvador Declares Bitcoin Legal Tender
By Yassine Elmandjra | @yassineARK

El Salvador has become the first country in the world to adopt bitcoin as legal tender. On Wednesday, the Salvadoran Congress approved a bill drafted by President Nayib Bukele to make bitcoin legal tender. The bill passed with 62 out of 84 possible votes, a supermajority.

Now that the bill has passed into law, in El Salvador prices can be denominated in bitcoin, tax contributions can be paid in bitcoin, exchanges in bitcoin will not be subject to the capital gains tax, and merchants must accept bitcoin as payment. The entire bill can be read in full here.

According to Coindesk columnist Frances Coppola, by adopting bitcoin El Salvador is committing to a hard-currency peg and more monetary discipline, breaking with its monetary and fiscal policy dependence on the US.

As we highlighted in a whitepaper published last year, bitcoin could become an important savings vehicle in emerging markets, so much so that businesses might demand payment in bitcoin instead of fiat. If so, the velocity of their fiat currencies would accelerate, causing currency devaluation and exacerbating inflation as measured by their sovereign currencies. In the unfortunate event of hyperinflation, fiat-denominated debt would become worthless and dollar-denominated bonds unpayable.

While the Bitcoin network has not evolved enough to service an entire economy, in our view the demand for bitcoin in emerging markets could increase as its infrastructure scales and reaches critical mass. We believe iif bitcoin were to capture just 5% of the global monetary base outside of the four largest fiat currencies - US dollar, yen, yuan, euro - its market cap could increase by roughly $2 trillion.

Anyone looking for a high potential cheaper coin take a look at AMP. It’s been flying under the radar since it’s only been listed on Gemini until today but it goes live on Coinbase Pro tomorrow and Coinbase soon after that. Gemini has a very small user volume so this is the first time AMP will get some serious exposure in the crypto world.

Huge potential. Its a token being used as collateral behind the Flexa payment network which allows people to make purchases using other crypto (like BTC, ETH, Dodge, and a handful of others for now). The Flexa network is already being used on a very small scale by certain merchants (Lowe’s, Dunkin’, coming to Sheetz gas stations end of summer).

IMO it’s going to be one of the leaders in the Crypto payment space. Long term hold though until crypto payments become more generally accepted.
AMP has doubled just in the one week since you posted this. Have you heard anything on when it's going to be listed on Coinbase?

Reactions: bob-loblaw
AMP has doubled just in the one week since you posted this. Have you heard anything on when it's going to be listed on Coinbase?

AMP got listed on Coinbase the next day. The price doubled from .05 when I posted to just hitting .10 a few minutes ago. It’s been shooting up the top gainers/movers/market cap charts. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Binance (largest exchange in the world, 7x more volume than Coinbase) list AMP in the near future with the great success Coinbase had with the listing.

Reactions: robcac26
Get your ETH before the big upgrade:

Almost a week since any of the Crypto Kings put out a post. Oh, nevermind. I know why. ETH is down exactly 24.4% since your post last Tuesday when you told your fellow message board members that it was time to buy.

Almost a week since any of the Crypto Kings put out a post. Oh, nevermind. I know why. ETH is down exactly 24.4% since your post last Tuesday when you told your fellow message board members that it was time to buy.
24.4% down is a blip. Grow-up and think before you post. The crypto game is not for LBs.

Good level-headed assessment of the recent (yet temporary) dump in the market:

(first 15 mins are worth the time)

I invest in cryptocurrency but I ignore all those videos because the people who make them only do so because they hold whatever they are pushing and want everyone else to buy it.
Silly comment. Most videos, like the one I just posted, are about market events in general (not specific plays). Watch it and then post.

Does the fact that the US government was able to recover more that 50% of the ransom put any sort of dent in the anonymity of cryptocurrency? I always thought that the decentralization was the key to this industry, but if the US government can figure out and trace the monies in a few short weeks, is cryptocurrency, blockchain and NFT's really that secure? I pose these questions to the crypto gurus on this board.

The "story" is that the money was not in an offline wallet and was in a custodial account or on an exchange and the DOJ subpoena the servers and made them hand over the private keys. Without the keys you cannot get the money. This is why you keep your stuff in a private wallet, as the saying goes "not your keys, not your coins". With that said, as stated in a prior post these hackers are not stupid and know that which is why I personally do not believe the DOJ story.

A little late to the rodeo here, but all the "news" that came out a few weeks ago about the seizure was one of two things, both of which are extremely feasible.
1. Part of a coordinated plan to FUD and drive down the price of BTC and crypto.
2. Lazy reporters copying headlines off of each other. NYT seeing CNBC w/ a top story on the hack and not doing their research.

Why do I say this? Because the fn story was exposed in MAY! The story was there, from one of the top internet security experts.

When the FBI released that they seized the BTC 3 weeks later, the media was not interested how they seized it. The narrative became "is bitcoin not as secure as we've thought" "could the govt take your crypto" or any other iteration of stupidity. The talking heads on CNBC bantered for hours on how this could have happened, is this the end of btc and other nonsense.

The story was right there. The hackers were morons, left the keys to the wallet on the domestic server they used to exploit Colonial. Rather than report the facts, the media universally focused on pushing FUD, which leads me back to the 2 points I posted above. This was one of two of those events or a more likely a combination of both.

Ive witnessed it with CNBC and their efforts to in Jan to shift focus from GME to things like KOS & BBY. Even know Kramer still does it with Wendys. He mentions it as a mem stock daily with the others, when reality, no one on Reddit is talking about Wendys.

https://yolostocks.live/ <--- good site for monitoring the WSB trades.
Anyone looking for a high potential cheaper coin take a look at AMP. It’s been flying under the radar since it’s only been listed on Gemini until today but it goes live on Coinbase Pro tomorrow and Coinbase soon after that. Gemini has a very small user volume so this is the first time AMP will get some serious exposure in the crypto world.

Huge potential. Its a token being used as collateral behind the Flexa payment network which allows people to make purchases using other crypto (like BTC, ETH, Dodge, and a handful of others for now). The Flexa network is already being used on a very small scale by certain merchants (Lowe’s, Dunkin’, coming to Sheetz gas stations end of summer).

IMO it’s going to be one of the leaders in the Crypto payment space. Long term hold though until crypto payments become more generally accepted.

AMP is a great coin. I grabbed a bunch last year for less than a half penny. The 1100% returns have been nice. Up until a few weeks ago, its been such a small % of my portfolio that I never really paid it any mind. This is a coin I could see hitting $1 quickly.

Sheetz is accepting BTC via AMP and the Flexa network. Ive seen Dunkin Donuts customers pay for coffee using the network as well.

or

I partially touched on this before, but it's not too far fetched. The amount of attacks BTC has seen in the last 8 weeks have been staggering. From regurgitated environmental attacks that get copy & pasted by lazy reporters, to the SEC delaying a ruling on ETF's to the ransomware mis-stories, capital gains fearmongering, China bans, the amount of negative stories seems too consistently coordinated to be random.

I even came across a headline on my FB feed asking "Are Whales Selling Their BTC?"

They're not. On-chain metrics show long term holders continue to hold and accumulate, while the sell offs have been from wallets less than 90 days old. Even though the price has been dipping, the amount of new wallet address has been aggressively increasing. (This is the opposite of what happened in late 17)

Ive been saying for mos now than anything from 30 - 75 was possible near term. I think there's another 10 - 20 days left of sideways trading. Honestly, I wouldnt be shocked to see a dip to 27 or 28 briefly.

I'll share here what I've shared with people in my life who have been on the fence about BTC. Buy BTC! Open a Coinbase or Gemini account and DCA in ASAP. As I said earlier, theres 10 - 20 days left of accumulation left. From there, the real bull market should take shape and I think it's off to the races.

I've been accumulating what I can lately. The domino fell with El salvador. Panama and others will be next.

Side note, the China ban is nothing new. Just like the BTC is bad for the environment talk.

I do think, and as a result, I don’t need to rely on watching cheesy You Tube video’s as my investment advisors.
I tend to agree. I try to stick to those with legitimacy, perform legit on chain analysis or are crypto OG's.

Video card prices crashing down. Miners abandoning ship for multiple reasons.

China miners getting shut down is short term pain for a lot of long term gain. Without miners, China will not be able to manipulate or threaten crypto blockchains. It will also speed the conversion to green energy as miners more to NA and EU.

Reactions: Wolv RU
Squawk Box (@SquawkCNBC) Tweeted:
"The Chinese don't want billionaires in America to control a rival currency to their own," says @jimcramer on #bitcoin. "I would go back in if I get it back in at $10,000, $11,000, $12,000." https://t.co/o89snPMsU7

Cramer got out of Bitcoin,

I mean...this is a disaster, right? How else can you look at it? Not even remotely investment grade. I'm getting crushed.

Sounds like he sold a day or two ago but he also mentioned he brought at around $11,000 and brought a farm from the sale.
He said on the air that he sold half of his BTC supply several weeks ago (perhaps in May).

So where do we go from here?
Obviously, this depends on your timeline and risk tolerance. My timeline is for the rest of the decade, so I'm buying as appropriate. This is also a very minor play for me in a separate account. Overall, I think there will be additional dips as the China miner issue settles.

Reactions: Randal7

I don't follow bitcoin as closely as you guys do, so I really don't have a well informed opinion. I just thought the timing of the Squawk box tweet was funny.

In the long run, I do feel there will be one BIG winner in the cryptowars and a lot of losers that go to zero. But we have a long way to go before that happens.

Obviously, this depends on your timeline and risk tolerance. My timeline is for the rest of the decade, so I'm buying as appropriate. This is also a very minor play for me in a separate account. Overall, I think there will be additional dips as the China miner issue settles.
I like Ethereum; but dislike this volatility. Makes it feel like a fools game

I like Ethereum; but dislike this volatility. Makes it feel like a fools game
I am most bullish on ETH as well. You have 2 options:

1. Hold long term, create a selling strategy, and execute as needed
2. Trade on the dips and pumps (i.e., profit on the volatility)

You can make a lot of money on both, but #1 is a bit safer and easier, so it's my choice! :)

I am most bullish on ETH as well. You have 2 options:

1. Hold long term, create a selling strategy, and execute as needed
2. Trade on the dips and pumps (i.e., profit on the volatility)

You can make a lot of money on both, but #1 is a bit safer and easier, so it's my choice! :)
I like the long term strategy as well. My issue is, i have zero idea of what constitutes fair value; what's a standard deviation based on intrinsic value, what's two, whats three? It feels completely arbitrary. I like to set interquartile ranges and trade those, but this is testing 99% statistical outliers in terms of price movement and doing it many, many times over the last 3 years. Crazy stuff

Squawk Box (@SquawkCNBC) Tweeted:
"The Chinese don't want billionaires in America to control a rival currency to their own," says @jimcramer on #bitcoin. "I would go back in if I get it back in at $10,000, $11,000, $12,000." https://t.co/o89snPMsU7

Cramer got out of Bitcoin,

Sounds like he sold a day or two ago but he also mentioned he brought at around $11,000 and brought a farm from the sale.
He sold a most of his BTC to pay off a shore house a few mos ago.

I like Cramer, but he's very much in tune with the narrative his employer was going to push, hence the sell. As a collective whole, he is not someone you should listen to for advice on BTC. I highly doubt he analyzes onchain data.

I mean...this is a disaster, right? How else can you look at it? Not even remotely investment grade. I'm getting crushed.

I kind of answered bot of these in a round about way on my post last night. But from here, we'll be looking at sideways action for the next week or two. I mentioned last night a dip into 27 or 28k wouldnt surprise me. We were in the 28's this am before rebounding to 32k. I could see a few more dips into that range in the next few weeks and I think we'll begin to see real upside. Apple will be announcing BTC as a payment in Apple Pay, multiple foreign nations will make it legal tender. I hate the shitty rocket ship emojis but it's a rocket ship.

Is this a disaster, meh. Honestly, it's good, as should bankrupt some shitcoins and shake people away from the countless garbage meme coins (Shiba, Doge, Safemoon, etc) and into legitimate projects.

It' stinks seeing that large of a hit in my Blockfolio, but thus is life. I've been buying. I wish I would have held off a few months ago, but by the same token, I point plenty of BTC at 7, 8 and 9k.

He sold a most of his BTC to pay off a shore house a few mos ago.

I like Cramer, but he's very much in tune with the narrative his employer was going to push, hence the sell. As a collective whole, he is not someone you should listen to for advice on BTC. I highly doubt he analyzes onchain data.

I kind of answered bot of these in a round about way on my post last night. But from here, we'll be looking at sideways action for the next week or two. I mentioned last night a dip into 27 or 28k wouldnt surprise me. We were in the 28's this am before rebounding to 32k. I could see a few more dips into that range in the next few weeks and I think we'll begin to see real upside. Apple will be announcing BTC as a payment in Apple Pay, multiple foreign nations will make it legal tender. I hate the shitty rocket ship emojis but it's a rocket ship.

Is this a disaster, meh. Honestly, it's good, as should bankrupt some shitcoins and shake people away from the countless garbage meme coins (Shiba, Doge, Safemoon, etc) and into legitimate projects.

It' stinks seeing that large of a hit in my Blockfolio, but thus is life. I've been buying. I wish I would have held off a few months ago, but by the same token, I point plenty of BTC at 7, 8 and 9k.
Great to see DOGE getting crushed. Time to end that silliness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT