ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bitcoin, Altcoins, NFT's & All Things Crypto

It all depends on comfort. Me personally, I wouldnt not wrap and stake on a defi exchange or another site.

Ive been staking on Gemini for over a year now, because I trust the ir security and insurance more than other exchanges. The rate is continuing downard and is now 1%. I've begun looking at some other options but dont have a true answer yet. I'd be moving a healthy amount of money and want to make sure its the right move. I know people who have been burned chasing apr/y's. If I find a solution I'm comfortable with I'll post it here.

Also, Jack Mallers announcement did not involve Apple Pay. He's integrated Strike (via lightning network) into all Shopify sites, retail POS system NCR and payment tech Blackhawk, allowing for payment via lightning network. Youll be able to use lighning network to make purchases at places like walmart, wholefoods, chipotle, Mcdonalds, Walgreens, etc.
To elaborate on @bob-loblaw's Strike teaser, here is the latest Pomp newsletter, amazing stuff:

Jack Mallers, the founder and CEO of Strike, gave an inspiring presentation at the Bitcoin Conference yesterday. After walking through the lack of innovation in payment technologies over the last 60 years, he announced that the business has partnered with Shopify, Blackhawk, and NCR to power transactions across the bitcoin payment rails.

There is a lot to unpack here, so I’ll do my best to summarize it. First, Strike’s technology does not require an individual to have bitcoin, use bitcoin, or understand bitcoin. The application allows any individual or business to send any currency (USD, EUR, JPY, BTC, etc) to anyone else in the world instantaneously and nearly for free.

This is accomplished by using the bitcoin payment rails as the payment network, but regardless of what currency the sender or receiver prefers, it auto-magically gets turned into bitcoin to go across the Lightning Network. That bitcoin conversion occurs behind the scenes and is abstracted away from the user or merchant.

When a user leverages Strike’s technology, there are no tax ramifications, no price volatility risk, and no required knowledge of bitcoin, Lightning, or any other technical features. I can send dollars to someone, Strike converts it to bitcoin, sends it across Lightning, then converts it back to euros, and hands it to the recipient. I call it “auto-magic” because it honestly is magical.

This leads us to the announcements yesterday — Shopify was the initial announcement. Any Shopify merchant can now add Strike’s payment integration to their store in a few clicks. This allows the merchant to accept any currency in the world, circumvent the credit card network fees, and ultimately get paid out in their currency of choice. Mallers demonstrated the purchase flow during his speech at the conference and it is very slick.

Next, partnerships with Blackhawk and NCR were announced. These are two of the largest payment processors in the United States. They service approximately 85% of all retail merchants, which means that in the coming weeks you will be able to spend US dollars, euros, bitcoin, or any other currency at these merchants and they will not have to pay the credit card fees. Stores include McDonald’s, Walmart, and many more.

So what exactly does this all mean?

Bitcoin is both an asset and a payment network. The financial asset, which is what everyone holds in their digital wallet, gets majority of the mainstream press. There is a price attached to it that goes up and down. Wall Street is obsessed with how they could make or lose money with it. Retail users don’t have a great way to use bitcoin for much more than fulfilling the promise of a currency. Bitcoin, the asset, is amazing - it isn’t the whole story though.

Bitcoin is also a payment network. It allows anyone in the world to send value to anyone else without requiring the participation or approval of a third party. There is no CEO, board of directors, or shareholders. Bitcoin, the network, is a decentralized system that is secured by millions of miners and node operators around the world. This decentralization allows for lack of censorship, seizure-ship, or variability in the monetary policy.

Strike is focused on bringing bitcoin, the payment network, to merchants around the world. By doing this, they can drop their payment fees to nearly $0, give customers the ultimate choice of which currency to use, and capture the benefits of cash finality without risk of disputes or chargebacks.

The legacy payment networks may not have innovated in nearly 60 years, but Strike is bringing disruptive technology to payments in a way that threatens hundreds of billions of dollars in market cap.

But here is the interesting thing — I don’t think the legacy payment providers are going to get disrupted in the short to medium term. The superiority of the bitcoin network as a payment solution is too obvious for them to ignore. Given that the system is built with open-source software and anyone can use it, I anticipate that the incumbent payment networks will eventually add support for bitcoin and the Lightning Network.

If they don’t, they’re screwed.

Historically people have thought innovation would come from startups vs incumbents. Bitcoin, both as an asset and as a payment system, are proving that innovation can come from the open-source community as well. Strike’s technology is cool, but it wouldn’t be possible without the bitcoin developers, miners, node operators, and holders. Quite literally, we are all in this together.

I’ve been an investor in Strike for a long time. Jack Mallers is a special entrepreneur who genuinely cares about solving these problems. He has the unique ability to interface with the bitcoin community, the mainstream audience, and business executives. There is an incredible amount of work left to do so that every retailer in the world can now use the Lightning Network for payment processing, including the education of the end customer as well.

But I wouldn’t bet against bitcoin. I wouldn’t bet against Jack Mallers. And I wouldn’t bet against Strike.

Instant transactions. No fees. Cash finality.

The future is here.

Reactions: bob-loblaw
To elaborate on @bob-loblaw's Strike teaser, here is the latest Pomp newsletter, amazing stuff:

Jack Mallers, the founder and CEO of Strike, gave an inspiring presentation at the Bitcoin Conference yesterday. After walking through the lack of innovation in payment technologies over the last 60 years, he announced that the business has partnered with Shopify, Blackhawk, and NCR to power transactions across the bitcoin payment rails.

There is a lot to unpack here, so I’ll do my best to summarize it. First, Strike’s technology does not require an individual to have bitcoin, use bitcoin, or understand bitcoin. The application allows any individual or business to send any currency (USD, EUR, JPY, BTC, etc) to anyone else in the world instantaneously and nearly for free.

This is accomplished by using the bitcoin payment rails as the payment network, but regardless of what currency the sender or receiver prefers, it auto-magically gets turned into bitcoin to go across the Lightning Network. That bitcoin conversion occurs behind the scenes and is abstracted away from the user or merchant.

When a user leverages Strike’s technology, there are no tax ramifications, no price volatility risk, and no required knowledge of bitcoin, Lightning, or any other technical features. I can send dollars to someone, Strike converts it to bitcoin, sends it across Lightning, then converts it back to euros, and hands it to the recipient. I call it “auto-magic” because it honestly is magical.

This leads us to the announcements yesterday — Shopify was the initial announcement. Any Shopify merchant can now add Strike’s payment integration to their store in a few clicks. This allows the merchant to accept any currency in the world, circumvent the credit card network fees, and ultimately get paid out in their currency of choice. Mallers demonstrated the purchase flow during his speech at the conference and it is very slick.

Next, partnerships with Blackhawk and NCR were announced. These are two of the largest payment processors in the United States. They service approximately 85% of all retail merchants, which means that in the coming weeks you will be able to spend US dollars, euros, bitcoin, or any other currency at these merchants and they will not have to pay the credit card fees. Stores include McDonald’s, Walmart, and many more.

Bitcoin is both an asset and a payment network. The financial asset, which is what everyone holds in their digital wallet, gets majority of the mainstream press. There is a price attached to it that goes up and down. Wall Street is obsessed with how they could make or lose money with it. Retail users don’t have a great way to use bitcoin for much more than fulfilling the promise of a currency. Bitcoin, the asset, is amazing - it isn’t the whole story though.

Bitcoin is also a payment network. It allows anyone in the world to send value to anyone else without requiring the participation or approval of a third party. There is no CEO, board of directors, or shareholders. Bitcoin, the network, is a decentralized system that is secured by millions of miners and node operators around the world. This decentralization allows for lack of censorship, seizure-ship, or variability in the monetary policy.

Strike is focused on bringing bitcoin, the payment network, to merchants around the world. By doing this, they can drop their payment fees to nearly $0, give customers the ultimate choice of which currency to use, and capture the benefits of cash finality without risk of disputes or chargebacks.

The legacy payment networks may not have innovated in nearly 60 years, but Strike is bringing disruptive technology to payments in a way that threatens hundreds of billions of dollars in market cap.

But here is the interesting thing — I don’t think the legacy payment providers are going to get disrupted in the short to medium term. The superiority of the bitcoin network as a payment solution is too obvious for them to ignore. Given that the system is built with open-source software and anyone can use it, I anticipate that the incumbent payment networks will eventually add support for bitcoin and the Lightning Network.

Historically people have thought innovation would come from startups vs incumbents. Bitcoin, both as an asset and as a payment system, are proving that innovation can come from the open-source community as well. Strike’s technology is cool, but it wouldn’t be possible without the bitcoin developers, miners, node operators, and holders. Quite literally, we are all in this together.

I’ve been an investor in Strike for a long time. Jack Mallers is a special entrepreneur who genuinely cares about solving these problems. He has the unique ability to interface with the bitcoin community, the mainstream audience, and business executives. There is an incredible amount of work left to do so that every retailer in the world can now use the Lightning Network for payment processing, including the education of the end customer as well.

But I wouldn’t bet against bitcoin. I wouldn’t bet against Jack Mallers. And I wouldn’t bet against Strike.

The future is here.
I was actually just at Rook and saw the cash app qr code. I was mulling trying to pay via Strike. I will next time

Reactions: ScarletNut

The future is here.
How can you invest in Strike?? I know there is Stripe which helps with nomal payment services but I want to go for Strike

How can you invest in Strike?? I know there is Stripe which helps with nomal payment services but I want to go for Strike
I don't know if its a public company. Its an app that companies integrate that I thought originally was owned by PayPal but I was wrong.

It all depends on comfort. Me personally, I wouldnt not wrap and stake on a defi exchange or another site.

Ive been staking on Gemini for over a year now, because I trust the ir security and insurance more than other exchanges. The rate is continuing downard and is now 1%. I've begun looking at some other options but dont have a true answer yet. I'd be moving a healthy amount of money and want to make sure its the right move. I know people who have been burned chasing apr/y's. If I find a solution I'm comfortable with I'll post it here.

Also, Jack Mallers announcement did not involve Apple Pay. He's integrated Strike (via lightning network) into all Shopify sites, retail POS system NCR and payment tech Blackhawk, allowing for payment via lightning network. Youll be able to use lighning network to make purchases at places like walmart, wholefoods, chipotle, Mcdonalds, Walgreens, etc.
I consider apps like Crypto.com and Voyager as pretty safe. I believe you have insurance in case of loss too with them. They both have between 3-6% on BTC depending on a few things.

You and me both. I've been looking into it, but havent found anything. Mind you, I havent dug in too deep.
I don't know if its a public company. Its an app that companies integrate that I thought originally was owned by PayPal but I was wrong.
It's not public. Never owned by PP
Looks like it might be available on some coin markets
No affiliation to that token
I consider apps like Crypto.com and Voyager as pretty safe. I believe you have insurance in case of loss too with them. They both have between 3-6% on BTC depending on a few things.
I'm very skeptical on sites. Sadly, I think the BTC ledning space is over leveraged and ripe for a liquidity crisis at some point in the future. I feel like some of these firms are lending out more than they hold. Just a personal gut feeling, not based on any factual evidence... yet.

What do we think of Helium? They are now changing their name to Nova Labs
Long long time Helium miner. A more professional sounding name makes sense if you want to play in the big leagues.

Robinhood stepping up their game. Enabling withdrawing of BTC effective today for those who were on their waitlist. Also, enabling the BTC lightning network soon. Both huge news for BTC & and robinhood.

I am warming up to Robinhood. I like the no fees trading especially options. They also have an auto invest for bitcoin and ethereum. The research aspect is bare bones, but I have my own research software
Never ever use Robinhood. They let hedge funds front run the retail users trades and then disabled their uses from trading when it would hurt the hedge fund they are in bed with. Disgusting business practice. Do not support them

Thank you weak hands for letting some of my 39900 BTC orders get filled this am.

Side bar, my passion crypto holding Elastos, could be heading to Coinbase.

The marketcap on this is super low. When this runs from 3.25 it could easily push 20, 30, 40, etc.

Reactions: Scangg
Thank you weak hands for letting some of my 39900 BTC orders get filled this am.

Side bar, my passion crypto holding Elastos, could be heading to Coinbase.

The marketcap on this is super low. When this runs from 3.25 it could easily push 20, 30, 40, etc.
Picked up the rest of my ETH position at $2990 yesterday. LOL! Time to focus on BTC.

I will buy some Elastos if it lands on COIN.

Sorry but this is a bad take. Jack’s NFT means nothing to the overall market. It was a gimmick that no one was actually interested in. The actual NFT market is alive and pumping…
NFT sales are down 50% in 2022. I’m sure there are pockets of value but interest has waned as crypto has taken a hit and the metaverse hype died down. NFTs need Meta to accelerate the metaverse plan.

NFT sales are down 50% in 2022. I’m sure there are pockets of value but interest has waned as crypto has taken a hit and the metaverse hype died down. NFTs need Meta to accelerate the metaverse plan.
Not sure sales are the best indicator of interest. If they are retaining value and people are holding versus selling, this is a good thing. NFT's are building the metaverse and vice versa. Meta itself may or may not end up being a part of that. Them wanting a 50% share of all NFT sales will kill them quickly in the space.

As for the pockets of value, I'm much more interested (for the most part) in NFT's that have utility and are backing metaverse startup companies through raising capital. The Jack tweet NFT, Snoop Dogg's and other influencers don't mean much to me. Last week Shaq bought into a project I own (DeGods) and it was pumped as news. Yesterday an anonymous DeGods owner bought $500k worth of them as a birthday gift to the creator, no news on that, but that is what the actual community cares about. Two different worlds.

Not sure sales are the best indicator of interest. If they are retaining value and people are holding versus selling, this is a good thing. NFT's are building the metaverse and vice versa. Meta itself may or may not end up being a part of that. Them wanting a 50% share of all NFT sales will kill them quickly in the space.

As for the pockets of value, I'm much more interested (for the most part) in NFT's that have utility and are backing metaverse startup companies through raising capital. The Jack tweet NFT, Snoop Dogg's and other influencers don't mean much to me. Last week Shaq bought into a project I own (DeGods) and it was pumped as news. Yesterday an anonymous DeGods owner bought $500k worth of them as a birthday gift to the creator, no news on that, but that is what the actual community cares about. Two different worlds.
There are a bunch of teenagers living in their parents basements snorting mounds of “dust” making this crap up as they go along…

“More on the DeGod NFT Project
According to the project’s website, DeGods are gods of the metaverse and masters of their universe. DeGods are ‘a deflationary collection of degenerates, punks, and misfits’. They were formed from ‘the dust of stars in the molten core of Mount Solympus’.

Additionally, DeadGods are the mutated forms of DeGods that earn a staking reward of 30 $DUST per day. They can be created by spending 1,000 $DUST to change the metadata of an existing DeGod for a DeadGod through a 1:1 swap.

$DUST is the native token of the DUST protocol within which the DeGods were minted. $DUST is the fuel that powers the DeGods ecosystem.”

There are a bunch of teenagers living in their parents basements snorting mounds of “dust” making this crap up as they go along…

“More on the DeGod NFT Project
According to the project’s website, DeGods are gods of the metaverse and masters of their universe. DeGods are ‘a deflationary collection of degenerates, punks, and misfits’. They were formed from ‘the dust of stars in the molten core of Mount Solympus’.

Additionally, DeadGods are the mutated forms of DeGods that earn a staking reward of 30 $DUST per day. They can be created by spending 1,000 $DUST to change the metadata of an existing DeGod for a DeadGod through a 1:1 swap.

$DUST is the native token of the DUST protocol within which the DeGods were minted. $DUST is the fuel that powers the DeGods ecosystem.”

I moved out of my parents basement years ago. Shaq did too

DeadGods, DeGods, and $DUST…modern day Pokémon madness. Now I see why people are so confident BTC and only a few others will be left standing.
It’s funny because your out of touch nft take uses out of touch analogies to back them up. Beanie babies and Pokémon cards are selling for tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars.

BTC and “only a few others,” yes you are correct. You realize that a large percentage of ETHs usage is NFTs. Surely eth is one of the “few others” you’re talking about, so you are agreeing with the nft use case without even realizing it. Welcome to the club.

It’s funny because your out of touch nft take uses out of touch analogies to back them up. Beanie babies and Pokémon cards are selling for tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars.

BTC and “only a few others,” yes you are correct. You realize that a large percentage of ETHs usage is NFTs. Surely eth is one of the “few others” you’re talking about, so you are agreeing with the nft use case without even realizing it. Welcome to the club.
There is definitely a NFT use case. But DeadGods, Bored Ape Yacht Club, Cryptopunks, etc. will be worthless in a few years and we will all be laughing about a point in history when people allegedly paid millions of dollars for them. I say “allegedly” because I don’t discount reports of fake celebrity sales and endorsements. Point is = NFTs will have a place in the future but DeadGods and $DUST ain’t it.

There is definitely a NFT use case. But DeadGods, Bored Ape Yacht Club, Cryptopunks, etc. will be worthless in a few years and we will all be laughing about a point in history when people allegedly paid millions of dollars for them. I say “allegedly” because I don’t discount reports of fake celebrity sales and endorsements. Point is = NFTs will have a place in the future but DeadGods and $DUST ain’t it.
I appreciate your posts because you go out on a limb in one then walk back the next. Narrowing things down to the lowest common denominator isn’t always the way to go. Not everyone into crypto is Guy the Crypto Guy. Not everyone into NFTs is in their parents basement just like not everyone pumping stocks is a retail trading ape.

I don’t disagree that paying millions for these are useless, but you could have bought any of them for a couple hundred dollars at some point, that’s what makes it fun. The ones you mentioned will absolutely not be worthless, but we can save comparing crystal balls. Either way, none of them are utility plays, I don’t plan to pay for college with $dust.

I’ve posted about them before but utility plays like Portals, Suites, SSC/GenesysGo, BasisMarkets and Atadians might be more your speed if you ever wanted to dip your toe in.

Reactions: bob-loblaw
Beanie babies had a longer run than NFTs. Without the meta-verse NFTs are DOA.
It didnt take much to realize the bubble on NFTs was going to pop. Its like snything else that gets oversaturated, there a pretty pre-determined outcome. NFT's arent DOA, just trying to find their course, platform, use, etc. Give it time.
DeadGods, DeGods, and $DUST…modern day Pokémon madness. Now I see why people are so confident BTC and only a few others will be left standing.
Well ya.... all the bulshit in circ is why I'm so confident btc will be left standing. One day you will be eating crow on btc. I say that in the most polite way, as I've enjoyed our exchanges

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
NFTs are just digital provable ownership. The use cases are endless.

If you think an NFT is just a picture of an ape, you really have zero understanding of what an NFT is. That is just one small use case.

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
NFTs are just digital provable ownership. The use cases are endless.

If you think an NFT is just a picture of an ape, you really have zero understanding of what an NFT is. That is just one small use case.
That’s precisely my point. NFTs with utility will be a part of regular life in a few years. And, If people want to collect NFT pics of poorly drawn art, I have no problem with that either. But to pretend those pics are of great value because Shaq or Madonna allegedly bought one is nonsense.

That’s precisely my point. NFTs with utility will be a part of regular life in a few years. And, If people want to collect NFT pics of poorly drawn art, I have no problem with that either. But to pretend those pics are of great value because Shaq or Madonna allegedly bought one is nonsense.
That’s the point, no one in this thread is doing that besides you. You’re falling for the articles pumping them. Shaq’s DeGod purchase relatively nothing to the value, they’re at $20k because of unknowns, not Shaq

That’s the point, no one in this thread is doing that besides you. You’re falling for the articles pumping them. Shaq’s DeGod purchase relatively nothing to the value, they’re at $20k because of unknowns, not Shaq
Wasn’t this latest exchange started by someone posting about Jack’s worthless tweet and how the value of NFTs fell off a cliff? I was mainly commenting how much crap there is in circulation. But since you mentioned the “unknowns” can you please elaborate? When it comes to something like DeGods/DeadGods/$DUST, what are the unknowns?

Tell me you don't even know what an NFT is without telling me you don't know what an NFT is
The beanie babies reference was taking aim at NFTs like BAYC. NFTs with utility have huge potential as proof of ownership, etc., especially in the metaverse. IMO, the sole reason Second Life failed was because NFTs didn’t exist.

Wasn’t this latest exchange started by someone posting about Jack’s worthless tweet and how the value of NFTs fell off a cliff? I was mainly commenting how much crap there is in circulation. But since you mentioned the “unknowns” can you please elaborate? When it comes to something like DeGods/DeadGods/$DUST, what are the unknowns?
Yes, jacks tweet NFT is another example of the lowest common denominator.

Here’s the reason for this weeks price increase. One large legitimate NFT investor, not Shaq.

Yes, jacks tweet NFT is another example of the lowest common denominator.

Here’s the reason for this weeks price increase. One large legitimate NFT investor, not Shaq.

So is this mainly a hobby or investment for you? May be I’m looking at NFTs like DeGods all wrong. I might be able to get with the program if you told me that I need to look at this as if, for example, I’m buying the actual Sun Blade in D&D represented through a NFT. Meaning one Sun Blade exists = and I own it. Otherwise, my POV on NFTs up to this point has been use cases such as proof of ownership in the metaverse for things like virtual real estate. It’s hard for me to wrap my head around why I would want to own a random NFT tied to a “collection of degenerates, punks, and misfits” and must convert DeGods to DeadGods with DUST. At least with D&D there is an established universe of fans/players.

So is this mainly a hobby or investment for you? May be I’m looking at NFTs like DeGods all wrong. I might be able to get with the program if you told me that I need to look at this as if, for example, I’m buying the actual Sun Blade in D&D represented through a NFT. Meaning one Sun Blade exists = and I own it. Otherwise, my POV on NFTs up to this point has been use cases such as proof of ownership in the metaverse for things like virtual real estate. It’s hard for me to wrap my head around why I would want to own a random NFT tied to a “collection of degenerates, punks, and misfits” and must convert DeGods to DeadGods with DUST. At least with D&D there is an established universe of fans/players.
Part investment part hobby. Your DD analogy wouldn’t apply to Degods, but absolutely would apply to hundreds of other projects. Something like a CryptoStrap, an NfT gun that you can use across several different metaverse games would be a good example. The options are endless- some are great, some are absolute trash and ponzis. Pretty much like every other type of investment.

It is very easy to understand. These type of NFTs are collectables, just like baseball cards, comic books, works of art, etc. Nothing more complicated than that.

It is very easy to understand. These type of NFTs are collectables, just like baseball cards, comic books, works of art, etc. Nothing more complicated than that.
Makes sense…and for those of us that collected cards and comics in the heyday we all know why those markets collapsed = too much production and endless supply. Only limited edition and rarest of cards held their value. Even with today’s resurgence it’s still the hobby boxes, prizms, and autographed versions that are worth anything. All those card packs sold in the Walmart check out line aren’t worth the paper they are printed on but people still buy them. I think the same goes for NFTs. There will be true NFT collectibles with value but they must be tied to something meaningful - as opposed to some former FaceBook product manager throwing a bunch of random images in the form of NFTs up for sale and then paying a celebrity to tweet about them.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
This one...

From Coinbase you'd need to do a little work but its not too hard:
  1. Buy $SOL on Coinbase
  2. Open a phantom wallet to hold your $SOL. https://phantom.app/
  3. Send your $SOL from Coinbase to your Phantom wallet.
  4. From there you can swap your $SOL for $SHDW on the Solana exchange of your choice (Orca, Radyium, Tulip are the biggest)
  5. I use Orca. https://www.orca.so/pools. Connect your Phamtom wallet there, swap $SOL for $SHDW and you're all set. You can also lend your $SHDW back to any of these exchanges which I do. Current APY is around 30%.
Update- if anyone has done this and bought some $shdw, first congrats. It's running to $1. Take profit if you must, but consider holding. This is a utility coin and the utility goes live in May (on-chain storage for SOL). This is likely going to continue to run and run.

I’ll say again.
you certainly can make a lot of money on this.
blockchain is very interesting technology.

but, if you think this is some kind of post-govt word or that this bubble is any different than any other bubble, you are kidding yourself.

I was actually just at Rook and saw the cash app qr code. I was mulling trying to pay via Strike. I will next time
bob and @ScarletNut - I'm working on building my BTC position. However, do either of you think getting some GBTC is a good idea? The discount is pretty large (over 20%). When GBTC becomes an ETF, investors will get an instant pop in value. Thoughts?

bob and @ScarletNut - I'm working on building my BTC position. However, do either of you think getting some GBTC is a good idea? The discount is pretty large (over 20%). When GBTC becomes an ETF, investors will get an instant pop in value. Thoughts?
Yes IMO. I’m pretty confident they’ll have an etf at some point and that discount will disappear. I own both (GBTC in a retirement account).

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Yes IMO. I’m pretty confident they’ll have an etf at some point and that discount will disappear. I own both (GBTC in a retirement account).
Thanks! Thinking the same thing. By the way, news on Galaxy Digital. Moving to the US is very important and will unlock a lot of value. However, the BitGo deal will create a large dilution event. They have about 100m share outstanding now.

Corporate Updates

BitGo Acquisition: Galaxy and BitGo intend to complete the proposed transaction, and have renegotiated the acquisition agreement from May 5, 2021 with the following terms:
The consideration to BitGo shareholders will consist of 44.8 million newly issued shares of Galaxy Digital common stock and $265 million in cash, subject to certain adjustments and deferred purchase considerations, implying an aggregate transaction value of approximately $1,158 million based on Galaxy Digital's closing price on March 30, 2022.
BitGo shareholders will own approximately 12% of the pro forma company.
The acquisition is expected to close immediately following the domestication of Galaxy Digital as a Delaware corporation, subject to approval by the Company's shareholders as well as certain other acquisition-related closing conditions and regulatory approvals. The company anticipates the domestication will become effective between Q2 and Q4 of 2022, subject to the ongoing SEC review process.
A reverse termination fee of $100 million will be payable by Galaxy Digital to BitGo in certain circumstances if the transaction has not been completed by December 31, 2022, subject to specific provisions.
U.S. Listing: As previously announced, the Company intends to complete its proposed reorganization and domestication to become a Delaware-based company, and subsequently list on the Nasdaq, upon completion of ongoing SEC review and subject to stock exchange approval of such listing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT