ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Boston Red Sox

Man, the BoSox are hot. Has any team in MLB history ever gone 161 - 1? :)

The Yankees were supposed to according to a lot of people over the winter. As a lukewarm baseball fan who likes the Yankees - I enjoyed last year. Then it was right back to the Metro area mentality that cant focus on the present moment, and the Yanks were deemed a can't lose Juggernaut that had already won the 2018 World Series. "Pride goes before a fall" etc etc.

14-1 Red Sox win. How does that taste? Go Sox!
Tastes like a two run first inning triple by Stanton followed up by a Gary Sanchez two run shot into the seats on top of the green monster.

These teams have been evenly matched for years now. You're fooling yourself if you think this year will be any different. This is the biggest rivalry in sports for a reason.

Except that those 3 in 14 didn't erase eight plus decades of chokage and futility.

It's never a terrible time to be a Yanks fan.

Thanks for the chuckle. Who was bringing the Yankees into the mix? But feel free to continue thumping your chest if it makes you feel better.

You couldn't be more wrong. Those 3 championships takes away almost all of it. The only regrets for fans now are players like Williams, Yaz, Rice and others never won their ring. If you are a RU fan you will understand that hopefully one day.

NY Rangers fans know that feeling of relief from their cup win, Eagles fans got the weight off their backs this year. Winning cures everything !!!!

Very good point..

Reactions: Knight Shift
Thanks for the chuckle. Who was bringing the Yankees into the mix? But feel free to continue thumping your chest if it makes you feel better.

It's a RS thread on a board full of tri-staters. Of course Yanks are part of the discussion. The much bigger, better part as it happens.

It's so easy to hate the Sox. They have the highest team salary in baseball. They have hoards of racist fans, evidenced over and over again. And in general their fanbase believes their sports teams define their lives and their cities. I guess it's because Bostonites have such an inferiority complex to their big brother city, the center of the universe that is New York, they feel a compulsion to be validated through their athletic teams. Just look at the typical Boston fan.. they wear their Boston team gear from head to toe, all year round, no matter the occasion. I was at a wedding last month in Connecticut and 3 nimwit Boston fans wore Boston Red Sox sweatshirts with their tie and slacks. It'd be sad if it wasn't so pathetic.

It's so easy to hate the Sox. They have the highest team salary in baseball. They have hoards of racist fans, evidenced over and over again. And in general their fanbase believes their sports teams define their lives and their cities. I guess it's because Bostonites have such an inferiority complex to their big brother city, the center of the universe that is New York, they feel a compulsion to be validated through their athletic teams. Just look at the typical Boston fan.. they wear their Boston team gear from head to toe, all year round, no matter the occasion. I was at a wedding last month in Connecticut and 3 nimwit Boston fans wore Boston Red Sox sweatshirts with their tie and slacks. It'd be sad if it wasn't so pathetic.
8646097401_21d362afb2_k.jpg
8647193682_675215cd66_b.jpg
enten-yankees-4x3.jpg
yanksfan257x330_display_image.jpg
image.

Red Sox highest payroll in baseball. Hysterical you bring that up. Yankees are often highest salary in baseball. Red Sox are highest this year but haven't been since 1990.

True. But that was only the first sentence of my post. There's a ton other reasons to hate the Sux.

Besides, every year, Boston fans complain about the Yankees high salary so turnaround is fair play.

Your comment about red sox being highest payroll in baseball is hysterical. Red Sox are highest in league this year. Last time that happened was at least as far back as 1990.

Yankees have had highest payroll in 15 of the last 20 years.

Yep 11 games into the season and everyone is trash talking already, god I love these boards. I only have this to say its a looooooonnnnggggg season go Yanks

Could be a major hit for the Red Sox if Price is injured.

Hopefully the sox go on another 8 plus game win streak. They already have a 9 and 8 game win streaks this season.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Your comment about red sox being highest payroll in baseball is hysterical. Red Sox are highest in league this year. Last time that happened was at least as far back as 1990.

Yankees have had highest payroll in 15 of the last 20 years.
We we don't go on your BRS sight, so please give us a break and stay of this one, thanks

We we don't go on your BRS sight, so please give us a break and stay of this one, thanks

It might be quite possible that some Rutgers fans are Boston Red Sox fans. Therefore, they are in the right spot. And if not, any Yankee/Met/Philly fan should pretty much leave too..right?

Reactions: #1 RUFan
Big difference I don't go on the Boston site, but I go on Yankee one. If I went on the Boston site and constantly Yankees and fagainst Boston I would
be a pain the ass. Which is his sole purposs But I found the solution and it a simple cure I should have
thought of sooner.

I misunderstood your original response. My apologies.

Boston holding a promotion against the "Evil Empire" this weekend that would ban anyone named Tyler or Austin from attending the game. As a Yankee fan, I have no problem with them marketing against a fierce rival; it makes perfect sense. I don't know what I think about the ban though, as I'm sure they probably have a few fans by that name. Now, short of someone saying "Hi, my name is Tyler/Austin," I'm sure it's a ban in name only.

But, to be fair, the Sox pitcher did play a role in the shenanigans. As the saying goes, it takes two to tango.

This is not a flame post, I respect what the Sox are doing, and the team they built. I DO hate them when they play the Yankees, but that's part of the rivalry. Their record is a testament to their team, and they've done it over a number of years.

Too funny. You know this is a Rutgers site correct? There is a mets thread, a Yankees thread, Phillies thread, and a red sox thread. All OT. There may not be as many red sox fans in nj compared to mets and yanks obviously, but there is a lot in NJ. Anyway, you're just going to have to deal with it. Enjoy the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Purple-Ed
Too funny. You know this is a Rutgers site correct? There is a mets thread, a Yankees thread, Phillies thread, and a red sox thread. All OT. There may not be as many red sox fans in nj compared to mets and yanks obviously, but there is a lot in NJ. Anyway, you're just going to have to deal with it. Enjoy the day.
Don't forget the Marlins thread!

OT- Official 2017 Miami Marlins season thread

Reactions: RUONTHERISE
Fine = 2nd place to the Yanks and no championship despite the highest salary in MLB.

Good try. Lol.

Remember Yankees had highest salary in baseball 15 of the last 20 years. Last time red sox had highest goes back at least to 1992.

Reactions: Purple-Ed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT