ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bullying In Schools

My heart goes out to your family, especially your niece. You touched upon some very very important points, maybe more than you know. I was bullied in middle school and through most of high school. My tormentors were the starters on the lacrosse team. Mr All-American with his National Championship ring that could do no wrong was one of the worst. I carried a 4 inch butterfly knife my senior year. Never used it on anyone including myself by the grace of God. I couldn't wait to leave NY and get a fresh start

unfortunetly, her mother has been asked to bring her to counseling many times but refuses to do so.
Even today- we were very shocked that they just released our niece without any observation. You would think they would keep her at least 24-48 hours and require counseling before allowing her to leave.
Mental healthcare in our country is brutal.
It needs a complete overhaul. Hopefully her mom will change & get her the help she needs.

Sorry to hear that OP, hope she is ok. I hope those kids are found and dealt with. Some kids are just brutal. Between the phones, the social media and no one paying attention to them it’s tough for kids who are having a little trouble, especially girls. Just take a look at tik tok live. My daughter was showing me the other day. So many people out there looking for attention, some of them are grown ass people too. Very disturbing

OP …Lodi and Madison yes two completely different towns 30- 40-50 years ago Lodi was pretty decent Madison has always been a very good town. So for those claiming I got my towns mixed up and was babbling on . The 10 member “ gang of girls “ that is for you guys with young kids to fix. Created by the viewpoint that all inclusive is for the better. How is that been working out? The bullying can stop IF tech companies are duly regulated by the government. No one in power seems to push for that …a lot of rhetoric and empty promises...10 member girl gang think how wonderful that is.

Some of the worst bullying happens in so-called "upscale" schools and towns. Why? One main reason is the entitlement these kids have in thinking that they can get away with it. When our daughter started in school out here which was relatively upscale on the order of Madison or Chatham there was definitely a cliquey group who while not overt bullies went out of there way to exclude anyone new. Luckily our daughter handled it well and did have some dependable friends that she made. She is now in high school and it's much better for her.

As an aside, and yesrutgers01 mentioned it above....it is imperative that kids step in and confront their peers who are bullying when they see it. When we were still in NJ and our daughter was between 4th and 5th grade she stood up for a girl being bullied one day at summer camp. A couple of months later my wife ran into to the mother of the girl that was bullied and when she realized who she was and who our daughter was she went on about how much it meant for her daughter to have someone stand up for her so that does make a difference.
In city schools or schools in lower income areas the bullying isn’t kicking and punching . It’s more like knives, guns or machetes . You are correct on the upscale schools and wealthier more affluent kids. They are the offspring of the everyone gets a trophy generations . The parents one would hope would be more in-tuned to some type of discipline to deter such behavior. I wonder how many on this Rutgers board maybe at some point in time were harassed or perhaps bullied by older kids? Or on a sports team? Or Fraternity? It was wrong when I was a kid …it is still wrong . Kids have no fear of parental rules which in 2022 is part of the new judicial process for crimes. It is all related . Many of these kids receive no guidance no matter the wealth factor and the areas they reside in.

In city schools or schools in lower income areas the bullying isn’t kicking and punching . It’s more like knives, guns or machetes . You are correct on the upscale schools and wealthier more affluent kids. They are the offspring of the everyone gets a trophy generations . The parents one would hope would be more in-tuned to some type of discipline to deter such behavior. I wonder how many on this Rutgers board maybe at some point in time were harassed or perhaps bullied by older kids? Or on a sports team? Or Fraternity? It was wrong when I was a kid …it is still wrong . Kids have no fear of parental rules which in 2022 is part of the new judicial process for crimes. It is all related . Many of these kids receive no guidance no matter the wealth factor and the areas they reside in.
Your posts in this thread, as usual, are just bizarre ramblings, apparently meandering in an attempt to reach some sort of political point in a non-political thread. Participation trophies have nothing to do with this. Immigration has nothing to do with this. Regardless of generation, location, socioeconomic status, etc, middle schoolers and high schoolers always want to be the cool kids, and that lends itself to putting others down, getting other kids to laugh at someone else's expense, etc. Do you have any firsthand experience with this topic or are you just trying to sound off on something you really don't know much about? You think kids are walking around with machetes??

This subject hits home for me because I was bullied every day in middle school and to a lesser extent throughout most of high school. Fortunately, never any incident as bad as the one in the OP, and there were others in my school who got it worse than I did, but having to face it every day for years affects you, especially when you have nobody to go to about it. My closest friends would also join in on harassing me when the more popular kids were around because it was cooler to align with them instead of me. Looking back on it now, there are two things I keep thinking about:

(1) I am glad that I just barely escaped high school before social media became widespread because at least the black cloud over my head would temporarily go away when the school bus would get to my stop each afternoon and when school let out for summer vacation--the kids today have no escape from their bullies and today's technology makes it much easier to humiliate someone to a much larger audience.

(2) It still bothers me that the teachers, lunch aides, bus drivers, and administration never did anything to try to stop it, never punished the bullies, never did a single thing about it. In fact, the one time I finally had enough and picked up something that was thrown at me and threw it back at the other kid, I got detention, and shortly after that, the main kid that tormented me received the school's Random Act of Kindness Award for some mundane thing he did. Being a good student and always staying out of trouble didn't allow for getting into fights with the bullies, especially with the school's zero tolerance policy. In retrospect, being a well-behaved student isn't as important as I thought it was back then, and standing up to the assholes would have had a much more positive long-term impact on me than maintaining a clean record at school.

I don't think bullying is really going to be solved unless we somehow raise kids to be compassionate towards those who are less popular than them, rather than using them as fodder to boost their own image. The OPs call for teaching your kids to stick up for others who are being bullied is a great place to start.

In Madison NJ? Sounds like a very upscale town has completely gone down the crapper . Or is this a different Madison NJ. I know there were changes occurring 10-15 years ago but a girl gang . Never believed people living in $ 400-1 mil plus homes would have gangs in the school system . Oh wait never mind … we’ve had plenty of gangs infiltrate our country for awhile now. Carry On.
Yeah my first thought too. This isn't Passaic or Plainfield we're talking about. I thought those NJ schools were so great ? If you can't be safe in a place like Madison, hate to see what it's like in places like Paterson, JC, etc, etc. Yeah, great schools. Madison is super snobby. Used to work at Allergan for about a year.

Just needed to put this out there. If you are a parent and have school aged children. Make sure to talk to them and really listen. Also- if your kid is the popular kid, top athlete and or well respected in their school. Talk to them about standing up for kids that they see going through it. Even if it is just checking to see if they are ok or a smile every once in a while.
We are so happy that our kids took this approach- even our oldest that played here and was the biggest, most out spoken , most popular kid in his school. He was also always a ball buster to his friends and had no problem speaking his mind to teachers- one thing that never happened- no one in that school would bully a kid anywhere near him. Many of his friends that also came to the house where the outcasts as well.

I post this as my niece, who is 13 y/o just tried and almost successfully to commit suicide yesterday. She and her mom recently moved from Lodi to Madison and she is in a new school. LAst year a gang of over 10 girls jumped her at the Garden State Mall, beat her unconscious, kicked her in the head numerous times and stripped her clothes off in the middle of the mall and filmed it and distributed it. Those girls were all arrested but a couple of days ago- someone found this video and shared it around her new school and they started making fun of seeing her nude body.
She is recovering today after a very rough night. She was found unresponsive, pale and purple lips by her mother who made have found her just in time.

So teach your kids and talk to them. Listen to them as well.

I just had to share as this is very important. Your child could be hiding depression or bullying or your child could be that person that could make a difference in someone's life.

I am really sorry to hear this. As a father of 2 elementary school students, hearing things like this makes me very upset. As one person has already mentioned, will also definitely pray for your niece on her long journey to recovery.

in 2019, Madison reported 1 violent crime. One.
I don’t think it’s about that. I think it’s more about the culture in the school. Not very welcoming to new kids or those perceived as not coming up their whole lives through the Madison school system. I know someone whose child had that type of experience and transferred.

Bolded 1 - Look for the mall to settle out of court.

Bolded 2- That TRULY sucks. Call me sexist if you want, but as bad as middle school boys are middle school girls are worse.

Edited to add: As my sister, mother of two girls and one boy now safely in adulthood said about middle school: "To old to be children, too young to be adults, just right to be assholes."
Yes, the girls mature faster and are much much worse with the social media bullying.

Just needed to put this out there. If you are a parent and have school aged children. Make sure to talk to them and really listen. Also- if your kid is the popular kid, top athlete and or well respected in their school. Talk to them about standing up for kids that they see going through it. Even if it is just checking to see if they are ok or a smile every once in a while.
We are so happy that our kids took this approach- even our oldest that played here and was the biggest, most out spoken , most popular kid in his school. He was also always a ball buster to his friends and had no problem speaking his mind to teachers- one thing that never happened- no one in that school would bully a kid anywhere near him. Many of his friends that also came to the house where the outcasts as well.

I post this as my niece, who is 13 y/o just tried and almost successfully to commit suicide yesterday. She and her mom recently moved from Lodi to Madison and she is in a new school. LAst year a gang of over 10 girls jumped her at the Garden State Mall, beat her unconscious, kicked her in the head numerous times and stripped her clothes off in the middle of the mall and filmed it and distributed it. Those girls were all arrested but a couple of days ago- someone found this video and shared it around her new school and they started making fun of seeing her nude body.
She is recovering today after a very rough night. She was found unresponsive, pale and purple lips by her mother who made have found her just in time.

I just had to share as this is very important. Your child could be hiding depression or bullying or your child could be that person that could make a difference in someone's life.

I just saw this as I was very busy yesterday. It brought a tear to my eye.

People (especially adolescents) can be very cruel. I am sure this has been very painful for your niece and her loved ones.

Reactions: yesrutgers01

This is so sad. I hope your Niece recovers from this. Anyone who shared that video should be prosecuted.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
OP …Lodi and Madison yes two completely different towns 30- 40-50 years ago Lodi was pretty decent Madison has always been a very good town. So for those claiming I got my towns mixed up and was babbling on . The 10 member “ gang of girls “ that is for you guys with young kids to fix. Created by the viewpoint that all inclusive is for the better. How is that been working out? The bullying can stop IF tech companies are duly regulated by the government. No one in power seems to push for that …a lot of rhetoric and empty promises...10 member girl gang think how wonderful that is.
The only thing I would clarify is that this "gang" of girls was not an organized gang. There were 10-15 girls that ganged up on her that day.
As for regulating- that IS something that has to be done better. I have seen some of the tik toks and instagrams from girls in her school as well as some she was caught trying to do but caught before she posted. And these 10-13 y/o girls are talking stuff online to anyone willing to give them attention regardless of age.
And again - it happens everywhere. Lodi, Newark, Madison, Mahwah, Franklin Lakes, etc...if anyone thinks because they live in an upscale town and all of my kids have such great friends, "it doesn't happen here" - throw that out the window and find out who their child is. Talk/LISTEN - even if they tell you something you don't want to hear or think they just want attention. Listen, because even if that is true- there is also a reason for that. And hate to say it- sometimes it may be in the mirror.
And also hope your child is on the other side and can do something to help another young person that is defensless. And that doesn't mean they have to jump into a fight but it may mean to just be friendly to that other kid and talk to them every once in a while. It is amazing how that can resonate amongst the other kids.
And IF, you find that your child may be the one bullying. Again, talk/Listen to them. There may be a reason they are acting out this way. Just don't jump in and either blindly defend or make excuses and don't just blindly punish or feel you are a failure. Because often, bullies are hurting even more than those they pick on.

Yeah my first thought too. This isn't Passaic or Plainfield we're talking about. I thought those NJ schools were so great ? If you can't be safe in a place like Madison, hate to see what it's like in places like Paterson, JC, etc, etc. Yeah, great schools. Madison is super snobby. Used to work at Allergan for about a year.
With everything else said- there is also the underlining issue specifically with my Niece and Madison(and only using this town because that is where she is at)
First- the one thing her mom did that was right, was to move themselves out of Lodi. For everything else, this woman works hard and is able to "get out". And if my Niece was a nephew, it most likely would be easier- see comments about girls vs boys at that age by many above.
But, while she is a good looking kid, actually a great personality and very friendly, athletic, a b/A student - she is also Dark skin, early developed, single mother and a father who just came out of prison. She is not like everyone else.

Interesting enough- about 4 years ago, she also had some troubles at Lodi and it stemmed from the schools- we took her in for a school year and she transferred into the Mahwah district. When our kids went there- it was also about a 90/10 split for dark skin...But now, it may be more like 75/25 and you have everyone from very rich to low income- all races.
She thrived for that year and you could see the pressure off her face and the way she carried herself.
And she also had the benefit of being the cousin to 2 of the most popular/well known kids(one of them quite legendary as he still does football camps and mentoring at the school district.) to go through that system in the last 20 years.
Her Mom pulled her out after that year as she thought her daughter was getting too comfortable in that situation and that she was losing control.
Anyway- It is about teaching and listening to the next generation.

Reactions: satnom
Your posts in this thread, as usual, are just bizarre ramblings, apparently meandering in an attempt to reach some sort of political point in a non-political thread. Participation trophies have nothing to do with this. Immigration has nothing to do with this. Regardless of generation, location, socioeconomic status, etc, middle schoolers and high schoolers always want to be the cool kids, and that lends itself to putting others down, getting other kids to laugh at someone else's expense, etc. Do you have any firsthand experience with this topic or are you just trying to sound off on something you really don't know much about? You think kids are walking around with machetes??

This subject hits home for me because I was bullied every day in middle school and to a lesser extent throughout most of high school. Fortunately, never any incident as bad as the one in the OP, and there were others in my school who got it worse than I did, but having to face it every day for years affects you, especially when you have nobody to go to about it. My closest friends would also join in on harassing me when the more popular kids were around because it was cooler to align with them instead of me. Looking back on it now, there are two things I keep thinking about:

(1) I am glad that I just barely escaped high school before social media became widespread because at least the black cloud over my head would temporarily go away when the school bus would get to my stop each afternoon and when school let out for summer vacation--the kids today have no escape from their bullies and today's technology makes it much easier to humiliate someone to a much larger audience.

(2) It still bothers me that the teachers, lunch aides, bus drivers, and administration never did anything to try to stop it, never punished the bullies, never did a single thing about it. In fact, the one time I finally had enough and picked up something that was thrown at me and threw it back at the other kid, I got detention, and shortly after that, the main kid that tormented me received the school's Random Act of Kindness Award for some mundane thing he did. Being a good student and always staying out of trouble didn't allow for getting into fights with the bullies, especially with the school's zero tolerance policy. In retrospect, being a well-behaved student isn't as important as I thought it was back then, and standing up to the assholes would have had a much more positive long-term impact on me than maintaining a clean record at school.

I don't think bullying is really going to be solved unless we somehow raise kids to be compassionate towards those who are less popular than them, rather than using them as fodder to boost their own image. The OPs call for teaching your kids to stick up for others who are being bullied is a great place to start.
Yes ,it is a part of a political point absolutely .. There have always been kids bullied by others at school and outside the home however , not at this level or with the frequency it occurs all around this country. Your tech media which needs to regulated would help somewhat . Twitter, Instagram , TikTok , Facebook etc. all need to held accountable. Parents and schools need to do a better job educating kids about this exact problem.If you read what I said then realize my rant is directed at all of us . Your reply is heard. Talk is cheap and bullying and it’s outcome is wrong. What have you personally done about the bullies robcar ? Most people I ‘d wager won’t do a thing. People say all the niceties and go on with their lives . Unless it hits directly at home you ‘ll forget about it a few days. The girl did not deserve that… The gang of 10 were they from Madison NJ or Lodi NJ? It just doesn’t happen in Madison NJ though it has spread to more affluent towns all around. I am going to conjecture here . You are in your late 30’s -late 40’s and grew up in one of those more well to do towns and you were bullied as a child ? Life has changed dramatically and the attitudes of kids is more harsh. Kids learn at home , school and especially on social media . Which one do most kids watch , follow and listen to? So, it’s political and will only improve when those we elect into office actually do their jobs.Instead of questions on my post.

More like the late 80's - 90's. 20 years ago the change was well under way. And look at Huntington's problem with MS-13 on Long Island.
I know about Huntington from a personal point view from having two family members who teach in the system.

Yes ,it is a part of a political point absolutely .. There have always been kids bullied by others at school and outside the home however , not at this level or with the frequency it occurs all around this country. Your tech media which needs to regulated would help somewhat . Twitter, Instagram , TikTok , Facebook etc. all need to held accountable. Parents and schools need to do a better job educating kids about this exact problem.If you read what I said then realize my rant is directed at all of us . Your reply is heard. Talk is cheap and bullying and it’s outcome is wrong. What have you personally done about the bullies robcar ? Most people I ‘d wager won’t do a thing. People say all the niceties and go on with their lives . Unless it hits directly at home you ‘ll forget about it a few days. The girl did not deserve that… The gang of 10 were they from Madison NJ or Lodi NJ? It just doesn’t happen in Madison NJ though it has spread to more affluent towns all around. I am going to conjecture here . You are in your late 30’s -late 40’s and grew up in one of those more well to do towns and you were bullied as a child ? Life has changed dramatically and the attitudes of kids is more harsh. Kids learn at home , school and especially on social media . Which one do most kids watch , follow and listen to? So, it’s political and will only improve when those we elect into office actually do their jobs.Instead of questions on my post.
The assault was by kids from Lodi.

Are you directing at me or someone else?

I'm not really understanding this post. If your point is it is political because it would help if politicians would do something about it, then fine, I don't think many would disagree with that, but you kept on trying to tie bullying into immigration patterns, organized crime, younger generations receiving participation trophies, etc. which is not relevant because bullying happens everywhere.

What do you mean by what have I personally done about the bullies? Are you talking about the ones that I dealt with in school? If so, I didn't do anything, I just dealt with it day by day until we finally graduated and I never saw them again. If you're asking what I have done about bullying in general, I used to work at ice rinks and there were a few times where I saw bullying happening and I talked to both sides and tried to convince the bullies that picking on others isn't cool. Did it actually resonate with them--maybe, maybe not, but hopefully I at least got a few kids to rethink their behavior. I don't have kids, but if I did, I would of course teach them to stand up to bullies and be an ally to the kids that need someone in their corner.

I'm not sure what the next part of your post is trying to say. It seems to contradict itself because you say it doesn't happen in affluent towns, but then guess that I was bullied in an affluent town. I am 34 and grew up in Iselin, which isn't an "affluent" town like Madison but it's by no means a bad neighborhood. But again, I'm not sure why you keep harping on this because bullying happens everywhere, it isn't something that is more prevalent in poorer areas. Regardless of socioeconomic status, teenagers always want to be popular.

Last edited:
I'm not really understanding this post. If your point is it is political because it would help if politicians would do something about it, then fine, I don't think many would disagree with that, but you kept on trying to tie bullying into immigration patterns, organized crime, younger generations receiving participation trophies, etc. which is not relevant because bullying happens everywhere.

What do you mean by what have I personally done about the bullies? Are you talking about the ones that I dealt with in school? If so, I didn't do anything, I just dealt with it day by day until we finally graduated and I never saw them again. If you're asking what I have done about bullying in general, I used to work at ice rinks and there were a few times where I saw bullying happening and I talked to both sides and tried to convince the bullies that picking on others isn't cool. Did it actually resonate with them--maybe, maybe not, but hopefully I at least got a few kids to rethink their behavior. I don't have kids, but if I did, I would of course teach them to stand up to bullies and be an ally to the kids that need someone in their corner.

I'm not sure what the next part of your post is trying to say. It seems to contradict itself because you say it doesn't happen in affluent towns, but then guess that I was bullied in an affluent town. I am 34 and grew up in Iselin, which isn't an "affluent" town like Madison but it's by no means a bad neighborhood. But again, I'm not sure why you keep harping on this because bullying happens everywhere, it isn't something that is more prevalent in poorer areas. Regardless of socioeconomic status, teenagers always want to be popular.
Yes , what have you done personally to help solve the issue of bullying? If we all don’t work on that problem it will become much worse.

Yes , what have you done personally to help solve the issue of bullying? If we all don’t work on that problem it will become much worse.
Yes I have an issue with illegal ,unvetted immigration policy. Evidently you don’t .

Well as someone who doesn't have kids and isn't involved with schools, I haven't really done anything on a macro scale, but on a micro scale I do make a point to intervene whenever I see it happening--and not just get the kids to stop, because they'll just continue when there's no other adults around, but to talk to the bullies and try to get them to ask themselves what motivates them to put others down and get them to change their behavior.

Well as someone who doesn't have kids and isn't involved with schools, I haven't really done anything on a macro scale, but on a micro scale I do make a point to intervene whenever I see it happening--and not just get the kids to stop, because they'll just continue when there's no other adults around, but to talk to the bullies and try to get them to ask themselves what motivates them to put others down and get them to change their behavior.
Exactly …you don’t have any kids…doesn’t prevent you from giving your opinion and if you do the intervention part as my wife and I have done many times even recently then I commend you.

BTW robcar one important fact missing . Standing up to bullies is something I have always done since I was in grammar school many , many years ago.. it is what my father and mother taught us as well as did (teachers) the nuns in my school .To treat everyone with respect though it will be difficult at times. This board is a prime example of those teachings.

Exactly …you don’t have any kids…doesn’t prevent you from giving your opinion and if you do the intervention part as my wife and I have done many times even recently then I commend you.
Well I wasn't saying you can't give your opinion, I was pointing out that as someone who lived through it and is young enough to be fully fluent in today's social media, your opinion on the causes of bullying is simply wrong--tying bullying in with things like immigration etc is missing the boat. From what I've witnessed, the immigrants are more likely to be the victims of bullying anyway.

Reactions: charliem24
Horrible story. I want nothing more than for each of those little scumbags to catch a severe beating of their won tonight. Or perhaps even a fatal car accident.

Well I wasn't saying you can't give your opinion, I was pointing out that as someone who lived through it and is young enough to be fully fluent in today's social media, your opinion on the causes of bullying is simply wrong--tying bullying in with things like immigration etc is missing the boat. From what I've witnessed, the immigrants are more likely to be the victims of bullying anyway.
robcar : I just gave you a compliment and you immediately come back with the immigration and you don’t see it as an issue. I am not pro free entry into this country and why ? It’s simple and just. The system my ancestors entered the USA required legal entry .Do you recognize that open free borders may someday perhaps sooner than later ( not being vetted) impact you and family? Listen you know my stance on this… I’m all pro for legal and vetted immigration have been as my grandparents were many years past. The facts are those who are attempting and have for years to allow this are going to rue the day when something bad happens. It is inevitable but I hope I’m wrong …immigration is a good thing but it needs to have order and solid procedures To have it work and secure this nation.

Horrible story. I want nothing more than for each of those little scumbags to catch a severe beating of their won tonight. Or perhaps even a fatal car accident.
Don’t think that would solve the issue of bullying . Punishment isn’t going to happen for these girls who attacked another. It starts in the home… a stable environment.

Don’t think that would solve the issue of bullying . Punishment isn’t going to happen for these girls who attacked another. It starts in the home… a stable environment.

Well the car accident would. But otherwise I agree.

robcar : I just gave you a compliment and you immediately come back with the immigration and you don’t see it as an issue. I am not pro free entry into this country and why ? It’s simple and just. The system my ancestors entered the USA required legal entry .Do you recognize that open free borders may someday perhaps sooner than later ( not being vetted) impact you and family? Listen you know my stance on this… I’m all pro for legal and vetted immigration have been as my grandparents were many years past. The facts are those who are attempting and have for years to allow this are going to rue the day when something bad happens. It is inevitable but I hope I’m wrong …immigration is a good thing but it needs to have order and solid procedures To have it work and secure this nation.
If I can make this any clearer, none of this has anything to do with bullying. You seem to think I am defending illegal immigration. I am not, I am just trying to explain to you that it is not related to bullying.

Tell that to the victims of senseless crimes and the George Soros appointed prosecutors . You say immigrants …what is your understanding of immigrants. I have two…legal , vetted ,invited ( by US) and follow the process. Millions upon millions have done it that way. Then we have the walk across, swim across, hide in truck groups disappearing into any US city they have connection too. I will agree that some are good people but there are many others not so good. To think otherwise is foolish. Immigrants have gone through bullying since the 1900’s ask the Irish, Germans, Italians , Japanese. Guess what …they fought back and succeeded …I would imagine they came through several areas and not the southern borders of the USA. Study the open border policy in Europe… there are no open borders any longer that I know of In Eastern Europe . Not many countries allow free open walk across to anyone without proper documentation. There soon will be a policy change to re institute that southern border and you possibly know about that already. Someone has no choice but to make it secure.

If I can make this any clearer, none of this has anything to do with bullying. You seem to think I am defending illegal immigration. I am not, I am just trying to explain to you that it is not related to bullying.
It absolutely does matter but I’m not going to change the mind of the under 50 groups . Enjoy the future young fellow. Don’t be afraid to understand a different take on what drivel you were fed in school . It evidently isn’t working. And one important LAST thing. Yes some immigrants get bullied and always have …some immigrants also don’t get parental direction …that is evident in parts of Ex. Long Island and the inner cities …some rich , wealthy get no direction .

Death wishes for them ? Does that satisfy the family and the problem no. I get angry as well but sometime that can come back and bite you in the keister.

I don’t wish them dead but I would giggle on the inside if it happened.

To be fair- everyone does not need to be actively involved on a daily bases. If the poster has stepped in a few times when he has seen it happen, that is sometimes all that is needed.
talking to your kids is also progressive.
little things go a long way.
I believe you and most posters in this thread do believe something needs to be done.
I only hope that bringing a very personal message vs what you may read in the media will even just hit home with just one or two parents on here. 😀💕
There is no need for anyone to be questioning motives on here.
Thank you

Tell that to the victims of senseless crimes and the George Soros appointed prosecutors . You say immigrants …what is your understanding of immigrants. I have two…legal , vetted ,invited ( by US) and follow the process. Millions upon millions have done it that way. Then we have the walk across, swim across, hide in truck groups disappearing into any US city they have connection too. I will agree that some are good people but there are many others not so good. To think otherwise is foolish. Immigrants have gone through bullying since the 1900’s ask the Irish, Germans, Italians , Japanese. Guess what …they fought back and succeeded …I would imagine they came through several areas and not the southern borders of the USA. Study the open border policy in Europe… there are no open borders any longer that I know of In Eastern Europe . Not many countries allow free open walk across to anyone without proper documentation. There soon will be a policy change to re institute that southern border and you possibly know about that already. Someone has no choice but to make it secure.
I’m just going to ask once- please take this elsewhere. It isn’t a thread to hijack.

It absolutely does matter but I’m not going to change the mind of the under 50 groups . Enjoy the future young fellow. Don’t be afraid to understand a different take on what drivel you were fed in school . It evidently isn’t working. And one important LAST thing. Yes some immigrants get bullied and always have …some immigrants also don’t get parental direction …that is evident in parts of Ex. Long Island and the inner cities …some rich , wealthy get no direction .
NONE. OF. THIS. HAS. TO. DO. WITH. BULLYING.

Start your own thread on immigration on the current events board if that's what you want to talk about. This thread is about bullying, stop trying to hijack it.

NONE. OF. THIS. HAS. TO. DO. WITH. BULLYING.

Start your own thread on immigration on the current events board if that's what you want to talk about. This thread is about bullying, stop trying to hijack it.
A separate thread would be the right thing to do but with that poster it just doesn't seem to ever get through to him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT