ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Chick-fil-A

One opened late 2019 on Rt 17 Ramsey. Police stationed there and the two drive through lines snaked well out onto Rt 17 all day every day. During last spring and early summer where the only times I ever seen it without lines. As of this past fall, maybe Sept, it is packed full again non stop with police there again directing traffic.
I remember back in the early 2000's, I was doing a trade show down in Atlanta and they were the sponsor with the only hot food service at the site. The show went through the weekend. Unknown to many of us...that meant there was not going to be any hot food that Sunday as they used to hold very firm to not being open on Sundays. I never see one of them shutdown anymore.

They had to temporarily shut the drive thru on 22 in Union because it was causing backups and no one could access the stores in their lot.

Its a chicken sandwich. Will never wait in line....stupid sheep
Ageed. How hard is it to make a grilled chicken sandwich at home? Chicken breast, lettuce, tomato, pickles and your favorite salad dressing ( I go with Russian) on a burger roll. It takes me 10 minutes to make

Reactions: fg7321
One opened late 2019 on Rt 17 Ramsey. Police stationed there and the two drive through lines snaked well out onto Rt 17 all day every day. During last spring and early summer where the only times I ever seen it without lines. As of this past fall, maybe Sept, it is packed full again non stop with police there again directing traffic.
I remember back in the early 2000's, I was doing a trade show down in Atlanta and they were the sponsor with the only hot food service at the site. The show went through the weekend. Unknown to many of us...that meant there was not going to be any hot food that Sunday as they used to hold very firm to not being open on Sundays. I never see one of them shutdown anymore.

If this is the case then you have the rarity. Every one I go to in central Jersey as well as the one near my shore residence are closed on Sunday. The one in the new Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta is even closed during Falcon's games.

If this is the case then you have the rarity. Every one I go to in central Jersey as well as the one near my shore residence are closed on Sunday. The one in the new Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta is even closed during Falcon's games.
My mistake- I had thought I had seen it open on Sunday’s when I used to go to the gym over there but just looked it up- they do close on Sundays..,

Reactions: RU Golfer
Sounds like CFA might grab most overrated fast food spot from In N Out. Boggles my mind people wait in line for such mediocre food.

Reactions: ElmiraExpress
FYI...as a tasty treat, down here in Texas the classic chicken sandwich with bacon and brisket is effin’ spectacular. Buttered toasted bun and pickles...🤯😛

As for CFA- never been to one of the locations. Had it at the trade show I was at and quite often after NFL road games in the parents tent.
kevin said he can’t even look at it...that was what they were given after every road game and he just got sick of it.

I was surprised to see a CFA go into the Edison rest stop on the Turnpike because of the Sunday closings.
I read at the Mercedes stadium in Atlanta CFA is closed on Sunday but another restaurant uses the space on Sundays. They just change the signs on the place.
Several years ago I read the students at Rider U. voted to have a CFA on campus, but the Administrators said no, citing their values and diversity.

I was surprised to see a CFA go into the Edison rest stop on the Turnpike because of the Sunday closings.
I read at the Mercedes stadium in Atlanta CFA is closed on Sunday but another restaurant uses the space on Sundays. They just change the signs on the place.
Several years ago I read the students at Rider U. voted to have a CFA on campus, but the Administrators said no, citing their values and diversity.

Rider, 😂😂

In general, I wonder how long it is going to take to fill up all the empty retail space you see now. Places closing you would never have expected. Two 7-11s have closed on Route 37 in Toms River. So unusual to see them close down.

In general, I wonder how long it is going to take to fill up all the empty retail space you see now. Places closing you would never have expected. Two 7-11s have closed on Route 37 in Toms River. So unusual to see them close down.

That's surprising since the Quick Chek up here on 206 is always crowded, maybe cuz it has gas pumps that helps foot traffic

If I remember correctly the sign rotates and it becomes a hotdog stand.

This Rutgers grad recently opened a Chik-fil-A in South Plainfield...
https://www.tapinto.net/towns/south...h-plainfield-chick-fil-a-august-grand-opening

I remember when it was being built, we would see the future owner sitting on the patio having lunch at the Brick House with Chick-fil-A execs going over logistics and stuff like that.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
Tried the Popeye here West of West Point as the KFC was torn down next doors.

Some awful white slime on a stale bun with cold, maybe chicken ?

Which was the second and last time I will go there. First was at the Vince Lombardi Service Area late at night, bad result, but at least it was fast and I was still able to get to a men's room.

I hardly ever get fast food and I would never wait for more than 2 cars in front of me.

Including CFA

I’m also surprised that people actually seem excited to eat fast food. I think it is because of effective advertising or herd mentality (if there is a long line, it must be good) ... but who knows, maybe they actually like the taste compared to alternatives.

Reactions: OTBOTOR
Sounds like CFA might grab most overrated fast food spot from In N Out. Boggles my mind people wait in line for such mediocre food.

Some people think it is a healthy fast food. I've pointed out to several of them how high the sodium content is because they marinate the chicken in a salt / sugar water mixture for 8 -- 12 hours (based on my testing, not an official recipe). The 1,400 mg of sodium in one Chick-Fil-A sandwich is more than an Arby's Classic Roast Beef (970 mg). USDA recommends 2,300 mg or less of sodium per day, so two Chick-Fil-A sandwiches puts you over that (the average American consumes about 3,400 mg).

I’m also surprised that people actually seem excited to eat fast food. I think it is because of effective advertising or herd mentality (if there is a long line, it must be good) ... but who knows, maybe they actually like the taste compared to alternatives.

I go to CFA about once per month, it's very good. I don't even think it's fast food when eating it.

I haven't been to a McDonalds or BK in over 15 years, trash

Wendy's in quite a while too, not much better

Last edited:
I don't even think it's fast food when eating it.

14085050.jpg

I've never tried crack cocaine, but I can't imagine it's much different than the popeyes chicken sandwich

85b52b4c-b790-41b0-8f7a-3805421ccaeb-Popeyes_Chicken_Sandwich.JPG

Reactions: RUnTeX
Some people think it is a healthy fast food. I've pointed out to several of them how high the sodium content is because they marinate the chicken in a salt / sugar water mixture for 8 -- 12 hours (based on my testing, not an official recipe). The 1,400 mg of sodium in one Chick-Fil-A sandwich is more than an Arby's Classic Roast Beef (970 mg). USDA recommends 2,300 mg or less of sodium per day, so two Chick-Fil-A sandwiches puts you over that (the average American consumes about 3,400 mg).
This...the sodium at CFA (and any fast food, or even prepared foods in general) is a killer and very noticeable.

People love their salt, I suppose, at least until the doc says you gotta cut down.

You can’t even see the hamburger in McDonalds hamburgers anymore, it is so thin. Wendy’s is a bit better than Burger King. Hope to try Whataburgers some day if they ever go national. I have heard that for some people it is like a religion to eat there.

This...the sodium at CFA (and any fast food, or even prepared foods in general) is a killer and very noticeable.

People love their salt, I suppose, at least until the doc says you gotta cut down.

The sodium in the marinate helps the chicken retain moisture, so you have a "juicy" sandwich rather than a dry one. I use roughly the same type of marinate that Chick-Fil-A does when I grill chicken breast, but I marinate it for 2 -- 4 hours rather than the 8 -- 12 (I believe) CFA does. I stumbled across this because I had to leave while marinating chicken and the "juiciness" of the chicken was consistent with CFA after marinating for nearly 12 hours.

Reactions: RUnTeX

Both little slices of heaven and In N Out might best value of them all.

Both little slices of heaven and In N Out might best value of them all.

Both have the most boring menus on the planet. Both usually right around the corner from somewhere with better chicken and/or burgers, along with a much better menu.

Interesting comparison - shocked it's that much more than Arby's RB.

I've found sodium to be the toughest thing to cut. If you pay attention, it's fairly easy to cut fat, saturated fat, calories, carbs, but sodium just lurks in all prepared foods, often in huge amounts.

Only fast food that's really healthy is the kind you prepare yourself ... quickly.

Reactions: sherrane
Man the CFA Haters are persistent here “look at me, like what I like, CFA is awful.” For what it’s worth I don’t care about your refined palates, I‘m just glad there are a few CFAs in the area for an occasional lunch on the go. Baaaaahhh 😉

PS - I like Popeyes Chicken Sandwich too, so one time I got both sandwiches (there are a few places where both are located very near to each other). For me the CFA sandwich edged out the Popeyes sandwich. Oh and the CFA line had 5x more traffic at nearly adjoining locations At lunchtime... says a lot.

Reactions: Scarlet16E
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT