ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Christmas Songs You're Already Sick of Hearing

Feliz Navidad - hated this song since they made us sing it in elementary school
Wonderful Christmastime - I cringe every time I hear this song. Barf.

I don't get the hate for Mariah Carey, but to each their own. Personally I can't stand that they start playing Xmas music around Halloween. At least wait until after Thanksgiving. And don't stop playing it until after the Orthodox Christmas. Ending at midnight on Christmas Day is just wrong.

Reactions: Plum Street

I don't get the hate for Mariah Carey, but to each their own. Personally I can't stand that they start playing Xmas music around Halloween. At least wait until after Thanksgiving. And don't stop playing it until after the Orthodox Christmas. Ending at midnight on Christmas Day is just wrong.
Holiday creep.

I had to learn that in high school French class of all places! I still hate the song!! But, despite being Jewish I like almost all other religious Christmas songs. I wish I could hear them instead of the dreck that the radio stations play. It's as though there are seven songs, and we get to hear seventy different renditions.
This Jew also likes Christmas music, especially when it is instrumental from the likes of Mannheim Steamroller, David Foster or Trans Siberian Express. Hanukkah music mostly needs a little work. The dreidel song is a nasty earworm. Don't worry, I won't subject all y'all to it. To those that know it, sorry. Adam Sandler's Hanukkah Song is always good for a chuckle.

This Jew also likes Christmas music, especially when it is instrumental from the likes of Mannheim Steamroller, David Foster or Trans Siberian Express. Hanukkah music mostly needs a little work. The dreidel song is a nasty earworm. Don't worry, I won't subject all y'all to it. To those that know it, sorry. Adam Sandler's Hanukkah Song is always good for a chuckle.
I agree with you about the dreidel song. "Oh Hanukkah, Oh Hanukkah" is tolerable -- have you heard anything else bearable?

Orthodox Christmas isn't until January 7 -- can any of us stand two more weeks of Christmas music??

This Jew also likes Christmas music, especially when it is instrumental from the likes of Mannheim Steamroller, David Foster or Trans Siberian Express.

I am also partial to a good Christmas parody. If you like instrumentals, try this:

Reactions: RUPsyched
Yup, went golfing in Spain, golfed a good round and even stopped in the middle of the round and sang a song for some of the maintenance workers working on one of the holes on the course. When the round ended, he said something along the lines of "hey, great round fella's, lets go in and get a coke" ............. upon saying that he was struck with a massive heart attack and fell face first on the ground and died immediately. When the other golfers in the foursome were asked if he seemed fine throughout the round each said he was perfectly fine and having a wonderful time. Tragic.
Thank God Bing finished the round! Otherwise, it would have been a real tragedy.

I kind of got sick of most Christmas music years ago, mostly due to holiday season saturation. When these guys started doing some of the songs, though, I regained some appreciation mostly due to the cool arrangements and vocal talent. They've got a bunch of them.

What? No love (er, I mean hate) for "Jingle Bells" and "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" by Barking Dogs (also assisted by Cats) !

Gave you my least.
Another vote for O Holy Night as best classic.
And for most fun is Dean singing "Baby it's cold outside"

My least favorite is probably the John Lennon song. Ugh....

I heard that Mariah's has the record of the longest time it took from a song's release before it reached #1 on the charts. I used to hate it, but honestly, it's not that bad. If you hate it and want to torture yourself more, there is a version with Toad from Mario singing it. That's special.

I heard a mix of "Pure Imagination" from Willy Wonka with a traditional Christmas song from some a capella group. I hated that instantly.

I‘m a sucker for all of them, even the bad ones, lol. Like most music, they just remind me of being young and happy. Being a lapsed Catholic and also a drummer, Little Drummer Boy and the “I played my BEST for him…” part always chokes me up a bit.

But, here’s one. My wife, a huge Wham/George Michael fan, came home the other day cursing the hell out of this. I still don’t mind it, haha:

in the early 1970s, there was an excellent entertainment magazine in the San Francisco Bay Area called Night Times. In one issue, a new album by Lennon and Yoko was reviewed. The reviewer referred to them as "Joko" and wrote "Joko writes like an old broom, and sings like Lesley Gore turned Weatherwoman." I laughed and laughed, and have never forgotten the line. Probably you have to get the references to Lesley Gore and the Weatherman faction of Students for a Democratic Society to like it as much as I do.
How could anyone not love listening to Yoko? Not a Christmas song, but here's one of her greatest performances, with John Lennon and Eric Clapton. Her unmatched
musical virtuosity is even more evident starting about 2 minutes into the performance.... 😉

How could anyone not love listening to Yoko? Not a Christmas song, but here's one of her greatest performances, with John Lennon and Eric Clapton. Her unmatched
musical virtuosity is even more evident starting about 2 minutes into the performance.... 😉

Is she still alive? Yoko and Ringo could get together and have a no-talent contest. (@RU848789)

I agree with you about the dreidel song. "Oh Hanukkah, Oh Hanukkah" is tolerable -- have you heard anything else bearable?
Anything by the Maccabeats is good. They do a lot of covers with holiday lyrics.

So what happens when Bob Dylan drinks the holiday punch laced with LSD? You get "Must Be Santa" The former Bob Zimmerman goes from folk, to electric, to rock, to country and of course, inevitably winds up with polka music:

Reactions: RUPete
Orthodox Christmas isn't until January 7 -- can any of us stand two more weeks of Christmas music??
We can if they only started to play if after Thanksgiving. There is a concept called the 12 days of Christmas you know. 😀

“All I want want for Christmas is…..yooooooooo bayyybee”.

FML

Conversely, this is the greatest rendition of the best Christmas song ever written:

This song!
I wish he’d come to my church Christmas Eve and sing all my favorite songs. Lol
I can’t stand Mariah, but I like her version of this song as well.

Reactions: Morrischiano
My #1 least favorite Christmas song is Mariah Carey - "All I Want For Christmas is You."

My all-time favorite Christmas performance is probably Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney, and a very excited cast of SNL singing "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town."

Honorable mention Favorite: Kenny and Dolly "A Christmas to Remember"

Mariah Carey is the worst......

I heard a song in the gym yesterday about Rudolph teaching Santa how to twerk, and I couldn't believe someone could come up with such dog shit

Reactions: Jm0513
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT