ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Congratulations to Rutgers for developing a new Saliva Test for Coronavirus

knights1212

Heisman Winner
Sep 9, 2003
I just read an article that Rutgers has been granted approval for its new Saliva Test by the FDA which should be a major step forward in testing for the Coronavirus. Supposedly results should be available in less than 48 hours. This could be a major development and Rutgers developed it.

This is a very proud moment for the entire Rutgers community. Rutgers research has reduced testing times, healthcare worker exposure, and PPE requirements!

Reactions: shields
Although I attended Rutgers Law School, I am highly impressed and proud of my counterparts at the medical school. Excellent job!!!

Reactions: shields
More praise for Rutgers from Gov. Murphy and information about the saliva test and a point of care test provided by Brian Strom of Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences at Murphy's press conference April 23rd. Link takes you directly to the part of the conference where Brian Strom speaks.

Hope RU's tests can help get us out of the COVID19 pandemic much sooner.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
B1G time, B1G ideas, B1G results.
The B1G may not love us for our football program over the past few years but they certainly love us for our saliva tests contributing to the B1G research credentials !

Gov. Murphy announced that Rutgers will be receiving 6 million in federal funds to build capacity for daily testing with the saliva test they developed. Also Rutgers School of Public Health will build a new contact tracing workforce for NJ. GO RU!

Last edited:
Gov. Murphy announced that Rutgers will be receiving 6 million in federal funds to build capacity for daily testing with the saliva test they developed. Also Rutgers School of Public Health will build a new contact tracing workforce for NJ. GO RU!
Is that the new tweet or the old one?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT