ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Congratulations to the US Women's Volleyball Team!

I didn’t realize Karch Kiraly was the coach. Congrats to the team! Great effort.

best team in the world right now!

think most players are from the B1G. so much fun watching them crush other teams. they said Karch has colon cancer. good luck to him.

I didn’t realize Karch Kiraly was the coach. Congrats to the team! Great effort.
It seems so ridiculous the coaches of teams in the Olympics do NOT get medals. As a 20 year volleyball coach myself, from the post match celebration, Kiraly clearly created a tight knit team where every player was committed to playing their specific role no matter how limited their playing time might be.
I had forgotten the women's team had never earned a gold since it was first awarded to women's teams in 1964. It was well worth staying up until 2am to watch the whole thing.

best team in the world right now!

think most players are from the B1G. so much fun watching them crush other teams. they said Karch has colon cancer. good luck to him.

I believe there were 9 Big 10 women on the final roster.

It seems so ridiculous the coaches of teams in the Olympics do NOT get medals. As a 20 year volleyball coach myself, from the post match celebration, Kiraly clearly created a tight knit team where every player was committed to playing their specific role no matter how limited their playing time might be.
I had forgotten the women's team had never earned a gold since it was first awarded to women's teams in 1964. It was well worth staying up until 2am to watch the whole thing.

he is the best and a legend.
he is the only one in the game with olympic gold medals from both indoor and outdoor events.
now as a coach...

Reactions: LBusDoor90
The US Olympic Committee should do something for the coaches to mirror the success of the athletes they coach.

Reactions: LBusDoor90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT