ADVERTISEMENT

OT: COVID Science - Pfizer/Moderna vaccines >90% effective; Regeneron antibody cocktail looks very promising in phase II/III trial and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
masks will be required for all of next year, remember they said they do not know if even if you take the vaccine that you cannot spread it, which means mandatory masks continue through all of 2021
Still no answer to my flying question. BTW, for you and others who deny or question the severity in young adults, COVID has now surpassed opioids in deaths for those between the ages of 25-44.

Reactions: Greg2020
And this is the age group which is the biggest problem in spreading Covid19... We have seen little about this group and the reason why... most of those are in these groups or have children of that age...

Reactions: ScarletNut
Still no answer to my flying question. BTW, for you and others who deny or question the severity in young adults, COVID has now surpassed opioids in deaths for those between the ages of 25-44.

EoWDnOZWMAgPySr

Reactions: goru1869
about 140K people 25-44 have died this year...about 6500 are from covid in that age range which is a population of 87.5 million....6500 dead out of 87.5 million

Very few over 55 are as abusive with the guidelines for Covid19...some sure but it is the age between 21-40 who are the issue...in order to protect best as possible if you are one of those who disregard then you should be shackled and quartered in Times Square ...🤟😎🪓
You keep pushing this fake narrative. Seniors by far are the group least likely to wear a mask properly if at all. And those that do think it's than ok to ignore the social distancing rules. Constantly removing their masks to talk to you from a foot away. The people most at risk also are the most dangerous.

i dont know what your question is
Seriously? Here it is again:
bac2therac said:
there is no comparsion, its a virus where 99.9 percent of people survive

its not like its floating in the air when you walk outside and you take a high risk everytime you go out the door, if thats how you are living, well you definitely are living in fear
It’s not 99.9, that’s total bs. Would you risk flying if 1-2 of every 100 on that plane would die before landing and another 5% (arbitrary positivity rate) would get sick before landing too?

“ Get what they deserve” ... you’re actually part of the problem however sadly you don’t see yourself as such. Why do we have insignificant people believe they have domain over others ? It’s about choice... if the stats are correct and you appear to be up on stats the groups who need to wear masks 24/7 and kowtow to the new masters are under age 55... the over age groups are the most impacted but most follow the so called rules and why? That is how they were raised and directed waaaay back when... This idea that they should get the virus and be punished for their actions is a bit much...Maybe we should have punished China for their behavior from the start? I know it didn’t come from a Chinese lab working on biological warfare items...

By not wearing a mask, a person aids the spread. By wearing one, they help prevent it. Thus, if you don’t wear a mask, you pit yourself at risk and spread the virus to others. If the infection stopped at the person not wearing a mask, I might agree with the libertarian view. However, that’s not how this works. So, if you don’t wear a mask and catch the virus, you can’t claim ignorance for the incremental risk assumed for you and others. Yes, such people do get what they deserved.

It’s not 99.9, that’s total bs. Would you risk flying if 1-2 of every 100 on that plane would die before landing and another 5% (arbitrary positivity rate) would get sick before landing too?

im not doing your fearmongering hysterical question, is it full of 80 year old and fat 65 year olds...i wonder how many of them die during your so called shortened window of time of plane ride..how many from heart attacks, suicides, overdoses, cancer....can you let me know

By not wearing a mask, a person aids the spread. By wearing one, they help prevent it. Thus, if you don’t wear a mask, you pit yourself at risk and spread the virus to others. If the infection stopped at the person not wearing a mask, I might agree with the libertarian view. However, that’s not how this works. So, if you don’t wear a mask and catch the virus, you can’t claim ignorance for the incremental risk assumed for you and others. Yes, such people do get what they deserved.

health officals and government officials encouraged protesting saying it was necessary..some officials even joined...oh they wore masks they say..oh well we didnt social distance but the virus supported us in this human rights issue and gave us a break

COVID-19 SURVIVAL RATES (per CDC): Ages 0-19: 99.997% Ages 20-49: 99.98% Ages 50-69: 99.5% Ages 70+: 94.6%

health officals and government officials encouraged protesting saying it was necessary..some officials even joined...oh they wore masks they say..oh well we didnt social distance but the virus supported us in this human rights issue and gave us a break

I‘m not sure I agree with the statement that health officials encouraged protesting, but that’s not relevant. Those protests certainly helped spread the virus more than would otherwise have happened, and thus they shouldn’t have occurred. Period. I don’t care for the mask wearing justification defense, either. Large crowds increase risk. Of course, I do recall seeing plenty of campaign rallies chocked full of people jammed together with no masks. To date, I haven’t heard you criticize said campaign for allowing that to happen.

I‘m not sure I agree with the statement that health officials encouraged protesting, but that’s not relevant. Those protests certainly helped spread the virus more than would otherwise have happened, and thus they shouldn’t have occurred. Period. I don’t care for the mask wearing justification defense, either. Large crowds increase risk. Of course, I do recall seeing plenty of campaign rallies chocked full of people jammed together with no masks. To date, I haven’t heard you criticize said campaign for allowing that to happen.
I never did see any studies or increases in cases from demonstrations. The timing was lucky to coincide with the lowest levels seen all year.
However there was a study done on Trump's rallies from July to the end of Sept that says there were 30,000 cases and 700 deaths from those rallies.

• Wow
Reactions: thegock
about 140K people 25-44 have died this year...about 6500 are from covid in that age range which is a population of 87.5 million....6500 dead out of 87.5 million
How many OD’s ... Suicides... Drive by Shootings ... Auto deaths... sad stats but it sums up about how Covid though serious and dangerous is minor to this segment of the population.You won’t see this on CNN, MSNBC, WSJ, NY Times or our own NJ.com... just not news worthy .

No the poster was saying “ they should get what they deserve” don’t change the dialogue. Well , I do wear a mask... By doing so now we are again being told it only “ may” help but is not a guarantee to stop you from getting Covid or stopping you from spreading it. ... with that logic ( by the new updated science) why wear those masks? It doesn’t justify anything wishing it either way... sounds a little archaic ... Are you under 55 ? If you are over 55 roll yourself up in Saran Wrap ... and hide in the closet... Don’t see anyone from family but also realize the one’s pushing these safety edicts for the most part laugh and do just the opposite of what they tell us... Dems/Repubs/ they all have sinned against the people over the past 10- 11 months with plenty of falsehoods.

NJ, they pass the recent change that probably meant to close them but some are closing at 7:00 pm and using tables. Not allowed to stand at the bar or sit at bar seats.

I found one bar very empty that I can easily socially distance. I don’t allow the virus restrictions to keep me at home. I am as careful as I feel it necessary.
I would give you one hundred dollars if you posted a picture of you sitting at a long empty bar. Pleeeeeez.

im not doing your fearmongering hysterical question, is it full of 80 year old and fat 65 year olds...i wonder how many of them die during your so called shortened window of time of plane ride..how many from heart attacks, suicides, overdoses, cancer....can you let me know
Almost none of those things happen on plane rides but its ok, I don't need your deflection. I get it, and will stop asking you questions since your lack on response is actually revealing enough. Just to be clear, in no way have any of my posts or questions been "fear mongering", so take that label and stick it with all the other nonsense you spew.

they most certainly did encourage..open letters even, our own governor among the protesters

I dont criticize the rallies because i am consistent, I want you people to be too....im okay with it...im seeing one side pick and choose what is okay and what isnt and what states are doing fine and which arent and you are quite guilty of that....all i want is consistency

Almost none of those things happen on plane rides but its ok, I don't need your deflection. I get it, and will stop asking you questions since your lack on response is actually revealing enough. Just to be clear, in no way have any of my posts or questions been "fear mongering", so take that label and stick it with all the other nonsense you spew.

there isnt any deflection, there is a risk of being killed when I drive my car, there is a risk of a plane crash, people can assess their risk of going on a plane, 7500 people die everyday of various things..maybe we should stay under our beds

they most certainly did encourage..open letters even, our own governor among the protesters

I dont criticize the rallies because i am consistent, I want you people to be too....im okay with it...im seeing one side pick and choose what is okay and what isnt and what states are doing fine and which arent and you are quite guilty of that....all i want is consistency

except every study from before covid said wearing a mask does little, do a little research.

the study on asymptomatic spread is quite frail right now, so alot of assumptions that more sciency science than science

Appallingly asinine. All those 65 to 80 year olds weren't going to just die off anyway. Which is why total deaths is up so much.

Jesus, you are the king of fake news.

You absolutely are not consistent at all. Everyone besides you knows that.

My response said health officials. And you actually did criticize the rallies, yet were silent on the campaign. My response, however, is quite consistent. This is not the spirit of this thread, so that’s all I will say on this specific matter.

Reactions: Postman_1
So then you man up and wear a mask. And the earth keeps rotating.

So here's my question. And I am just responding to your post because it seems the easiest. And not asking you, but in general. And trust me, I wear a mask wherever and whenever I am required. Easy to do but hard on me and my asthma.

I have heard and believe that 85% of people are complying. So why all of a sudden the HUGE spike. Did everyone just decide 6-8 weeks ago to stop wearing them?

And how about Sports teams and colleges? These people are being kept tight and under strict testing and control. Yet team after team, personnel after personnel are getting it.

I think this thing crawls up at you thru the toilet.

I do not believe that 85 percent for a second, for one. Still tons of people not wearing masks around me, which incidentally is an area that's been soaring to record levels and healthcare system crunch for months. And in a land where people still breed like it's an 18th century agricultural society, I'm quite sure those family/church/neighborhood gatherings are a factor. My family had to quarantine because of it.

I do not believe that 85 percent for a second, for one. Still tons of people not wearing masks around me, which incidentally is an area that's been soaring to record levels and healthcare system crunch for months. And in a land where people still breed like it's an 18th century agricultural society, I'm quite sure those family/church/neighborhood gatherings are a factor. My family had to quarantine because of it.

In nj you have to wear a mask everywhere. Compliance is high. Do i have to post all the charts of when masks mandates were implemented the virus growth afterward was off the chart

How about that bogus Kansas study regurgitated here and in msm that showed after the study ended the growth in the supposed mask mandate counties were off the charts

Virus gonna virus

Appallingly asinine. All those 65 to 80 year olds weren't going to just die off anyway. Which is why total deaths is up so much.

Jesus, you are the king of fake news.

Whats insane was his hypothetical about a plane. I didn't bring it up

How is Trump not mentioned any where in this thread? Are Trump haters so dense they think the FDA, CDC, or WHO cold have done this job without the power of this Prez?
What positive involvement did he have. Blame for this cluster f can be equally spread around to all in government.

But i am...i am not a Karen that will bitch if you arent wearing a mask

No ...because you don't care about that.

You are a guy who has repeatedly btched about rules that you ignore and/or don't affect you. The guy worried more about people wearing masks outdoors where you think they're unnecessary.

It hasn't done you any service. You had some legitimate gripes, then sort of diluted them to oblivion by just complaining about everything and instigating people to "stand up against the tyranny."

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT