ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Craig Carton will be back at WFAN as per NJ.com

tico brown

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2005
Looks like disgraced celebrity Craig Carton will be back on WFAN by October when his HBO Doc comes out as per NJ . Com. What the article doesnt say whether he will be back in the mornings with his boys Boomer, Al, Jerry, and Eddie or he will be on in the afternoons to take on ESPN Radio.

It's bad enough Gio has done a good job replacing Carton. Hell a great job considering that hes been working with a smile in his face with the morning crew has been honeydicking the man who ripped Gio as "an intern replacement." Imagine all the crap if Carton is back?

Should be an interesting October if all of this is true.

I guess what he did warrants a return to radio and TV and especially fits the ESPN agenda.

Not a fan of his antics. I liked Boomer but gave up on the show fairly early on due to Carton. I'm guessing if he comes back he gets drive time. Thank God I have XM and the college sports station.

Reactions: Bill 86
WFAN is “leaking” information for the purpose of gauging the public’s reaction. Carton leveraged his position at WFAN to commit his crimes. It’s hard to see how it wouldn’t be a PR disaster to bring him back so soon.

Last edited:
Aren't the rating better with Gio now. And does Boomer even want him back?
If you listen the show, Boomer and the guys would take Carton back in a heartbeat. I cant imagine what Gio is thinking every time they talk about the good old days, esp for two years after this

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Even if Carton was to be paired back up with Boomer, Gio would have a spot somewhere. He’s done a nice job. Wouldn’t see him being jettisoned completely.

Reactions: tico brown
But Carton is a total Syracuse douche.. look that up in the dictionary.. there he is.

Makes me wonder what he has on WFAN management.

I read that they are looking at Carton for an afternoon show on FAN.

Ive never liked the guy and like him less now. The thought of listening to him preach about the evils of gambling is mostly nauseating. But others will welcome him back.

I read that they are looking at Carton for an afternoon show on FAN.

Ive never liked the guy and like him less now. The thought of listening to him preach about the evils of gambling is mostly nauseating. But others will welcome him back.
Honestly I think it's going to be tough for him in the current environment. Sports gambling is so mainstream now. They even have a show devoted to it at 6 p.m.

Entercom bought the company and they know Only he can get them the kind of buzz they need now, AND they wouldn’t have to pay him his actual market value. No brainer

Wow! That would be a Gamblers Anonymous Support Group without the support.
Honestly, gambling is not my thing, but with it now legal in the area, this is a hot topic. Mad Dog Radio just made a line-up change and Pat McAfee now has the 12-3pm slot. He does a lot of gambling talk.

Honestly, gambling is not my thing, but with it now legal in the area, this is a hot topic. Mad Dog Radio just made a line-up change and Pat McAfee now has the 12-3pm slot. He does a lot of gambling talk.
Oh- I agree, but as I posted earlier, not the best environment for a recovering gambling addict to be in every day immediately.

He did a year and will still be in a halfway house or home confinement for another two. Also, this is the federal system not the state and this is not for drugs. And the last I checked Gregg Gianotti, who he could potentially replace, was white.

White privilege?
I don't think he's going to replace Gio. They are hurting in drive time right now and that's where he'll likely land.

Last edited:
Reactions: MulletCork
In the Carton doc thread from a week or so ago I speculated that this would happen. If you looked at the tea leaves everything pointed to this outcome. Not a fan of his but I understand why WFAN would do it.

Cartons a criminal. Further proof how our society is slipping as he gets a job again while others following the rules still remain unemployed.
Guys a loser criminal.
It’s all about the money my friend, same as the athletes, college & professional , politicians and the freaks in Hollywood, you’ll have a job as long as you’re making corporations or people in charge the $$$$$$.

Reactions: Nowucme
Sure , so we can wait for the next time and there will be.

you would think carton due to his gambling “illness” (yes bs) wouldn’t want to be around sports and sports gambling. But he’s gonna run back to wfan and talk point spreads and fan duel ?? Perhaps, he shouldn’t be working in that environment . Nobody seems to care about that, not carton, his family or radio station.

you would think carton due to his gambling “illness” (yes bs) wouldn’t want to be around sports and sports gambling. But he’s gonna run back to wfan and talk point spreads and fan duel ?? Perhaps, he shouldn’t be working in that environment . Nobody seems to care about that, not carton, his family or radio station.
Really does ESPN care ? All they care is the other addicted gamblers who listen on the radio will tune in . What would happen if he was told you can’t discuss point spreads and betting lines. Then add in the group of 2nd chance advocates. It’s a drug of his choice and they are betting on him staying clean.🧐💰😎

He did a year and will still be in a halfway house or home confinement for another two. Also, this is the federal system not the state and this is not for drugs. And the last I checked Gregg Gianotti, who he could potentially replace, was white.

White privilege?
It’s best to put some of these meat heads on ignore my friend, it makes for a lovely RU board experience. In my opinion most people deserve a second chance, and that would all depend on the circumstances of course. I hope Gregg turns his life around and spanks it out of the park in whatever time slot he gets.

I don't think he's going to replace Gio. They are hurting in drive time right now and that's where he'll likely land.

He's going to replace "Bro bro bro" Joe? Now the Anti-Italian Defamation League is definitely getting involved.

WASP privilege?

He's going to replace "Bro bro bro" Joe? Now the Anti-Italian Defamation League is definitely getting involved.

From the NY Post:

“After the latest ratings book, how long until WFAN moves Benigno out the door? Going to bed at 9 p.m. and not getting any sports news until 5 mins b4 his shows starts makes him a HUGE liability in todays sports world. — @kjh11222

The mailbox has been full with questions on Joe Benigno’s future. It would be very surprising to me if by the end of the year, Benigno, 66, is still on full-time at the FAN.

It is not only because he and his partner, Evan Roberts, have been trounced in the ratings by “The Michael Kay Show,” but what fueled Benigno’s rise reveals his undoing. His raw emotion and inability to hide any of his feelings amplifies his disinterest in doing the show.

What is disappointing is that Benigno has spent his career complaining about his teams’ effort, decision-making and “the pain” that has caused him, but now he is mostly doing exactly what he has railed against — mailing it in.

He wants to move to Florida. Next year, I think, he will be there.

After his retirement from full-time work, Benigno could maybe do a weekend show. It could be nice, because that type of schedule might bring out the vigor that had him transform from a caller to eventually an afternoon host.”

Reactions: rurichdog

WASP privilege?
It sounds like Joe is getting ready to retire. At least that's what he says when he's not blaming Adam Gase for COVID-19 and the California wildfires!

White privilege?
Goes away on felony charges related to his job, gets same job back. White privilege. Him replacing a white guy has nothing to do with my claim of white privilege. It just shows old folks like you have no idea what the term means.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT