ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Craig Carton will be back at WFAN as per NJ.com

I'm no fan of Carton, but his show on gambling addiction is excellent.

And it's only 1/2 hour.

So Saturdays is now, Neer, 1/2 Carton, Joe Beningo, who is excellent as a solo host. I'm able to list for about 1.5-2 hours at work on Sat's and it's really good radio imo.
The gambling show is BS considering all the money wfan makes off gambling.

Wow! Wonder what direction FAN goes with drive time now. They were destroying Michael Kay in the ratings.
Which suggests they will try to follow the current model. They will probably look for another Carton, get a lesser version, and the show will be neither about sports, nor funny. Can't wait.

I think we can accept that gambling is legal, while also making an effort to deal with the downside effects of gambling.

And those that make money off gambling should have a responsibility to deal with those downside effects.

So Im OK with it. And it's a really good show.

Tierney and tiki are good
Not a fan, Tierney strikes me as a lesser Carton.

I kind of like Tiki but he is too weak in his takes.

Someone mentioned him above, but I really like Sal Lacotta, and imo he and Moose would make a great pair.

I think Lugie is good too.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
I like Sal. I'm always waiting for him to explode into his next rant. The problem is he's too similar to Evan in that they're both high strung. You need a ying and yang. That's part of why I had a hard time listening to Evan and Craig.

I give them some credit for allowing the show even if it hurts them.

BTW- has anyone noticed who all the online gambling sites are targeting by who they use to promote...

I give them some credit for allowing the show even if it hurts them.

BTW- has anyone noticed who all the online gambling sites are targeting by who they use to promote...
They want women and younger people.
But the ads on places like wfan are geared towards the listening audience , which is older white dudes.

They want women and younger people.
But the ads on places like wfan are geared towards the listening audience , which is older white dudes.
Garnett, Hart, Foxx - I wasn't talking just WFAN but in general...

But, wfan allowing Carton's show is big props to them

Interesting. Hadn't considered this. JB Smooth as well.

On the flip side, the Manning brothers, as well as Henrik.

But representation does look skewed.

Reactions: yesrutgers01

Ehh I wouldn’t call it big props . Put it on during afternoon drive time one day then. It’s just feel good crap like McDonald’s putting salads on the menu

Craig was starting the rumor about Sid coming back today lol. I like were Sid is at now, his show is pretty good

Tierney and tiki are good
I like the shows where at least one of the hosts knows football.
Boomer is best for that in current line-up but Tiki is ok.
But with NYC sports being so bad for so long I lost interest in WFAN.
They like baseball most which is ok but spots from guys like Sweeny Murti talking about how many marshmallows were in Jeter's Lucky Charms that morning were hard to take

Reactions: rurichdog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT