ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Do Big 4 Firms do tax prep for individuals?

Ohh boy. You need a big 4 to do your personal taxes you know your doing something crazy.
Is it that difficult that a good CPA can’t do it?
If he was working outside the country, he would be paying both foreign taxes and US taxes. Sometimes they might compensate for living expenses, schooling for the kids and transportation which is also grossed up. There are tax accountants that specialize in the area.

If he was working outside the country, he would be paying both foreign taxes and US taxes. Sometimes they might compensate for living expenses, schooling for the kids and transportation which is also grossed up. There are tax accountants that specialize in the area.
Yes sir. It's not terribly complicated, but I was consulting outside the US and need to determine my tax liabilities. Good local CPAs can handle all my local stuff, but they don't know the tax laws/tax codes outside the US (I presume). I figure Big 4 firms would be able to liaise with one of their affiliates in the other country. Just don't know that they'd be willing to work on such small potatoes...my consulting company is just me, myself and I.

If he isn’t, you can google expatriate accounting CPA and there are a few that pop up.

Yes sir. It's not terribly complicated, but I was consulting outside the US and need to determine my tax liabilities. Good local CPAs can handle all my local stuff, but they don't know the tax laws/tax codes outside the US (I presume). I figure Big 4 firms would be able to liaise with one of their affiliates in the other country. Just don't know that they'd be willing to work on such small potatoes...my consulting company is just me, myself and I.

If you are trying to report 3 employees, you might want to avoid a reputable accountant.

Reactions: RUnTeX and ron313
Yes but considering a BIG 4 firm charges a client a couple hundred dollars for 1 hour of work performed by an intern in college there’s probably better and more economical options for your business.

Reactions: WhiteBus
@RUSK97 As others have posted, unless you plan one day to take your me, myself, and I company public, it is wiser to just hire an ex-Big-4 or Big-8 accountant who either retired or went out on their own. If you post back what state your LLC or LP or corporation (etc) is domiciled in, this board should be able to recommend many different professionals who do this, and not only will you save >50% than if you went to a firm <as posted above by others>, but you might also learn some strategies to save taxes going forward.

Your situation is more common than you might have thought before your post.

Good luck.

@RUSK97 As others have posted, unless you plan one day to take your me, myself, and I company public, it is wiser to just hire an ex-Big-4 or Big-8 accountant who either retired or went out on their own. If you post back what state your LLC or LP or corporation (etc) is domiciled in, this board should be able to recommend many different professionals who do this, and not only will you save >50% than if you went to a firm <as posted above by others>, but you might also learn some strategies to save taxes going forward.

Your situation is more common than you might have thought before your post.

Good luck.
I and my LLC are domiciled in NJ. Thanks for any tips guys.

@RUSK97 I will make 3 calls for you later today, but won't be able to post back or send you a PM until sometime tomorrow. But since you are an LLC in NJ, maybe RUTax is your guy if he still does this work---I do not know him. Just a natural thought.

@RUSK97 I will make 3 calls for you later today, but won't be able to post back or send you a PM until sometime tomorrow. But since you are an LLC in NJ, maybe RUTax is your guy if he still does this work---I do not know him. Just a natural thought.
At your convenience, thanks.

To answer your question, yes the Big 4 does individual tax prep. I am a former Big 4 Partner, and I would not use the Big 4. You would get a very junior person at the Big 4 and pay 2-3x what you would somewhere else. There are plenty of good mid-size firms that specialize at this, would be a fraction of the price, and you would get more senior attention.

Also check with your employer - if you have an employment agreement that requires you to file appropriate taxes in whatever countries, in many instances the employer will pay for your prep. You may have to pay tax on the free prep, but still better to pay 30% than 100%.

Reactions: RUnTeX
I work for one of the larger firms in the NY metro area with international tax experts in house and an affiliation with an international group of firms. If you are OK working with a Penn State grad/fan and are interested, let me know.

I wasn’t tax but worked big four, and don’t think that’s the right fit.

What you’re looking for is somewhere between your local cpa office and big four.

Plenty of smaller mid-sized full service firms are equipped to handle high net worth individuals with sophisticated filings.

You might try Untracht Early or RSSM

Edit: sorry, didn’t see the guy who posted above. Check out his firm too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT