ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Does anyone still have one use plastic grocery bags left?

This is crazy. Who could have predicted this would have happened. Baffling!
so great....its all phony and there is always a segment who eats the crap they serve up as helping save the world hahaha

What is despicable about this ban is that they included paper bags in it only because the grocery stores indicated they wouldn't support the ban without this. They didn't want to pay the extra cost for paper bags, even though paper bags made the most sense because they're biodegradable and renewable.

Years back I went to a wedding and at the reception all the table gifts for the guests were a nice custom book of matches : with the inscription of the couple’s names and wedding date. “Jen and Joe Forever” 7/1/02 “
A nice little heart gave it a nice touch.
People started using the matches to light up cigarettes as this was before the bans on indoor smoking. The bride through a hissy fit that people were smoking and wanted a smoke free wedding.
This legislation reminds me of that wedding.

And Jen and Joe didn’t make it to forever

Not really. Sitting next to you with a disposable plastic bag doesn't affect you breathing air. This was virtue seeking based on cherry picked statistics that created a false scenario.

I actually think it was good intentions.
But very stupid . They even admitted they didn’t factor in delivery services
lots of dumb people have good intentions but this was just stupid and not well thought out. In typical gov't fashion, it's the low iq set that runs with something with little or manipulated empirical evidence to support a view

What is despicable about this ban is that they included paper bags in it only because the grocery stores indicated they wouldn't support the ban without this. They didn't want to pay the extra cost for paper bags, even though paper bags made the most sense because they're biodegradable and renewable.
Nj Food Council,(lobbying group for food services industry and super markets) used the bag ban to cut costs not only for costs of bags but to significantly cut their labor costs. No need for baggers and reduce the amount of cashiers because they also instituted larger amount of self service kiosks. It was never about the environment. Used the environment as cover. Discussed this very topic with their ED.

lots of dumb people have good intentions but this was just stupid and not well thought out. In typical gov't fashion, it's the low iq set that runs with something with little or manipulated empirical evidence to support a view
preach

and then using the morality argument, im a better person, i care about others, i believe in science blah blah blah...2020 behavior taught us alot

Aren’t you tired of failed policy based on good intentions? How many times can they royally F up and then go our bad. But We meant well. At what point will the sheep wise up
they never will because its always about feelings for them..shame them into feeling guilty then get them to do something radical to make them feel they are improving society

they never will because its always about feelings for them..shame them into feeling guilty then get them to do something radical to make them feel they are improving society
But just look at the peope on this board. How are they so dumb that they never catch on. At what point do they tire of being mislead. Do they have that much guilt and self hate?

From the article:
Reusable bags are manufactured with 15 to 20 times the amount of plastic used in the now prohibited single-use plastic bag, notes the Freedonia report. The reusable bags that New Jersey residents now pay for at checkout or when their groceries are delivered, according to researchers, need to be used anywhere from 11-59 times in order to have a net benefit for the environment. The Freedonia study found most reusable bags are used an average of two to three times. As a result, overall plastic usage for bags in New Jersey has risen.

Count me among those that thought it WAS a good idea. But that's because I'm someone that will continue to use the same bag until it breaks. That's a fail on my part not to realize that I'm likely in the minority in that respect. But now that this evidence is out, I would have the capacity to admit I was wrong and get this reversed. So will that happen? Sounds like it probably won't.

I wash them and reuse them several times, probably get to use them 25 times.

So this was to increase the profits of big corporations not the environment. Cut baggers and cashiers.

Glad you find it to be funny but I’m seriousness. look at our covid response. Fauci has now admitted time and time again they Knowingly lied to us and continually just made stuff up. Yet, we still have “scientists” here who believe every word of the original BS.

What's funny is that these things usually fall along political lines and watching conservatives, especially a certain sect of conservatives aligned with a former President, call out others for being misled is just funny.

Most people on the fringes of both sides are misled and apparently don't really care that they are.

What's funny is that these things usually fall along political lines and watching conservatives, especially a certain sect of conservatives aligned with a former President, call out others for being misled is just funny.

Most people on the fringes of both sides are misled and apparently don't really care that they are.
Feel free to post all the examples. Actual policies. Not rhetoric
Common sense is common sense
This was never gonna work
Just like most of the climate stuff. It’s never been about being good stewards of the environment. It’s about control and ideology. Just like cloth masks, 6 ft, wiping down groceries etc etc. only an idiot believes that was based on science or would have any impact.

From the article:

Count me among those that thought it WAS a good idea. But that's because I'm someone that will continue to use the same bag until it breaks. That's a fail on my part not to realize that I'm likely in the minority in that respect. But now that this evidence is out, I would have the capacity to admit I was wrong and get this reversed. So will that happen? Sounds like it probably won't.
I wash them and reuse them several times, probably get to use them 25 times.

So this was to increase the profits of big corporations not the environment. Cut baggers and cashiers.

100% either 2nd use as trash bags or to the recycling bin. I realize not everyone did this but looking at the trash bin in my condo's basement I was definitely not the only one. But Murphy cited only 15% recycled and ignored 2nd use.

Reactions: RUScrew85
LOL at all of the fake outrage. Dumb people forget their bags so buy more each time???

When you go to Costco or Sams you never got a bag and just wheeled your car to your car and put your groceries in a bag. So hard you snowflakes can't manage that at shoprite or wegmans. Weakest people ever.

No garbage blowing around now like there used to be the law is doing exactly what was intended some people just can't adjust.

LOL at all of the fake outrage. Dumb people forget their bags so buy more each time???

When you go to Costco or Sams you never got a bag and just wheeled your car to your car and put your groceries in a bag. So hard you snowflakes can't manage that at shoprite or wegmans. Weakest people ever.

No garbage blowing around now like there used to be the law is doing exactly what was intended some people just can't adjust.
did you even read the article

Certainly did. After your mom passed away, you came on here to tell her story and appeal for empathy and condolences, which you got no questions asked. Yet, you then spent several years nitpicking every covid death you possibly could to minimize and trivialize their loss.
Damn, you been sitting on that one for a while...

Nj Food Council,(lobbying group for food services industry and super markets) used the bag ban to cut costs not only for costs of bags but to significantly cut their labor costs. No need for baggers and reduce the amount of cashiers because they also instituted larger amount of self service kiosks. It was never about the environment. Used the environment as cover. Discussed this very topic with their ED.

baggers??? the only time I see baggers by us is when one of the local HS teams is bagging to generate donations

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
baggers??? the only time I see baggers by us is when one of the local HS teams is bagging to generate donations by
Had baggers by me in Monmouth County Shop Rite, Food town and Whole Foods at many not all of the spots with cashiers up until bag ban. Definitely an increase at Shop Rite when as you said HS teams seek donations.

Feel free to post all the examples. Actual policies. Not rhetoric
Common sense is common sense
This was never gonna work
Just like most of the climate stuff. It’s never been about being good stewards of the environment. It’s about control and ideology. Just like cloth masks, 6 ft, wiping down groceries etc etc. only an idiot believes that was based on science or would have any impact.

To be clear, you don’t believe some people on the right side of the political spectrum, especially on the fringe, are being misled and seem to not care?

Aren’t you tired of failed policy based on good intentions? How many times can they royally F up and then go our bad. But We meant well. At what point will the sheep wise up

You would need the Left to give up on government control. Problem is that's the basis for the Left.

Reactions: goru1869
But just look at the peope on this board. How are they so dumb that they never catch on. At what point do they tire of being mislead. Do they have that much guilt and self hate?

They need to Virtue Signal for some reason. Maybe it's giving up on God.

We buy packs of hundreds of one time plastic bags for our garbage and to pick up dog crap, we have ended up using a 1,000% more since Murphy decided to play Big Brother. Before he issued his mandate we used to be limited by the # of bags we collected bagging our food at the store, now thanks to Amazon, is a cheap and an unlimited resource.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT