ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Dorco pace 6 the standard ?

wcfan10

Sophomore
Feb 22, 2010
5-7 years ago I had ordered 100+ cartridges and bought them directly from Dorco.
Now only Amazon sells it.

Are the Dorco brand the same quality as it was with Dorco? Or is there a new brand that is better?
Thanks

wcfan10

5-7 years ago I had ordered 100+ cartridges and bought them directly from Dorco.

Are the Dorco brand the same quality as it was with Dorco? Or is there a new brand that is better?
Thanks

wcfan10
Love the Dorco brand.

I think it's been a few years since they switched to Amazon but I haven't seen any difference in quality

Dorco makes the blades for Dollar Shave Club and was included in the patent infringement lawsuit that P&G had against DSC. I believe Pace was wrapped into that suit as well since they used Dorco blades and distributed to retail outlets such as Walmart, Sam's, Costco and a few of the major drug stores. I believe that part of the settlement was they could not distribute to retail outlets and had to sell online only hence moving to Amazon. They still make blades for DSC and P&G gets a royalty I believe.

Dorco makes the blades for Dollar Shave Club and was included in the patent infringement lawsuit that P&G had against DSC. I believe Pace was wrapped into that suit as well since they used Dorco blades and distributed to retail outlets such as Walmart, Sam's, Costco and a few of the major drug stores. I believe that part of the settlement was they could not distribute to retail outlets and had to sell online only hence moving to Amazon. They still make blades for DSC and P&G gets a royalty I believe.
Interesting. Did not realized Dollar Shave Club is part of Unilever, a huge conglomerate. Also did not realize P&G owns Gillette.

Dollar Shave Club was acquired for $1 billion in cash by London-based Unilever (NYSE: UL) in 2016, after P&G filed the suit.

Thanks

wcfan10
Grocery stores like Kroger and Meijer also carry them.

I used to follow all this Dorco/Harry's/$ Club stuff because I was so pissed at Gillette but then I switched to double edge blades (Wilkinson Sword) and never looked back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT