ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Electric vehicles

@Knight Shift @jtung230 what's your avg miles per kwh? I'm at like 2.4 but seeing reports all over the place.
That's a sensitive topic for me and on the Lightning forums!

90% of my driving is 35 miles on the Parkway. I average 2.0 mpkWh. On a good day 2.1, on a bad day, when I'm driving 80 mph, 1.9.

Around town, running errands, visiting family, etc., I get as much as 3.5. That's the EV anomaly--your "fuel" mileage is better in city driving than on highway driving, which is the opposite of gasoline and diesel powered vehicles. Still thrilled with my vehicle. Drive 37 miles each way to work 3 days per week, charge for free at work, and essentially free at home. Don't miss the gas station.

Waiting on my Tesla adapter, which is still scheduled for June, but I think that will slide a couple of months based on the reports on the Lightning forums.

That's a sensitive topic for me and on the Lightning forums!

90% of my driving is 35 miles on the Parkway. I average 2.0 mpkWh. On a good day 2.1, on a bad day, when I'm driving 80 mph, 1.9.

Around town, running errands, visiting family, etc., I get as much as 3.5. That's the EV anomaly--your "fuel" mileage is better in city driving than on highway driving, which is the opposite of gasoline and diesel powered vehicles. Still thrilled with my vehicle. Drive 37 miles each way to work 3 days per week, charge for free at work, and essentially free at home. Don't miss the gas station.

Waiting on my Tesla adapter, which is still scheduled for June, but I think that will slide a couple of months based on the reports on the Lightning forums.
I just did a long trip. Cruise control set at 70 mph was 2.3. Changed it to 75 mph and it dropped to 2.0. City/in town driving can get 3.4

Reactions: Knight Shift
@Knight Shift

Got an email from Ford thanking me for my patience. Guess my adapter is not coming in June. I have a longer trip at the end of the month and it would great to test it out.

@Knight Shift

Got an email from Ford thanking me for my patience. Guess my adapter is not coming in June. I have a longer trip at the end of the month and it would great to test it out.
Maybe, I ordered mine a month ago and got the same email. I think its just the communications department trying to ease the anxiousness. You can try the A2Z adapter, seem to be shipping quickly and then you'll be able to sell the ford if it arrives.

I have done that truck stuff with my minivan
Can't say I have done much more truck stuff than in that video. But I have had it loaded with brush clearing equipment and cleared brush on a property. Doing that in the SUV used to get messy after the job was done and the SUV would smell like the fresh cut brush for a few days. I do like that automatic bed like on the CT though.

Can't say I have done much more truck stuff than in that video. But I have had it loaded with brush clearing equipment and cleared brush on a property. Doing that in the SUV used to get messy after the job was done and the SUV would smell like the fresh cut brush for a few days. I do like that automatic bed like on the CT though.
TBH, I hate all the automatic stuff. All I see is $ repair bills later. I had to move some furniture. Had to use the ratchet tie down system.

Interesting. Reading through that it seemed Rivian>Ford>CT, but their final ranking is

Rivian>CT>Ford.

I'm partial, but I could not live with these CT Cons, total non-starters:

Cons​

• Borderline dangerous secondary controls
  • Bunker visibility
  • Cosplay “off-road” tires
On the Ford the cons were silly, IMO:

Cons​

• Lower tech
  • Steel suspension limitations
  • Fewer amusements when parked
I want a TRUCK, not a toy. They seemed wowed by the CT high tech and toy-like features. I'm not mad, just right!

As far as the Rivian cons, I could live with these, but the small bed is a nonstarter for me. I want a TRUCK. On the other hand, I do have range envy. Have talked to a couple of Rivian owners, and they frequently get greater than 300 miles per charge.

Cons​

• Dumb cruise control
  • Tiny bed
  • Pricey options

Interesting. Reading through that it seemed Rivian>Ford>CT, but their final ranking is

Rivian>CT>Ford.

I'm partial, but I could not live with these CT Cons, total non-starters:

Cons​

• Borderline dangerous secondary controls
  • Bunker visibility
  • Cosplay “off-road” tires
On the Ford the cons were silly, IMO:

Cons​

• Lower tech
  • Steel suspension limitations
  • Fewer amusements when parked
I want a TRUCK, not a toy. They seemed wowed by the CT high tech and toy-like features. I'm not mad, just right!

As far as the Rivian cons, I could live with these, but the small bed is a nonstarter for me. I want a TRUCK. On the other hand, I do have range envy. Have talked to a couple of Rivian owners, and they frequently get greater than 300 miles per charge.

Cons​

• Dumb cruise control
  • Tiny bed
  • Pricey options
i'm waiting for the resident propaganda mongers to run their spiel that minimizes/dismisses what MT and you have mentioned and proclaiming victory.

i'm waiting for the resident propaganda mongers to run their spiel that minimizes/dismisses what MT and you have mentioned and proclaiming victory.
I have no problem with the article and their final conclusion. They did the work, and they had their criteria. Each purchaser's criteria will vary to some degree. Maybe I'm too old school. I think my Lightning has too much tech. I like dials and buttons and not having to press 35 menu buttons on the large screen TV to get to what I need, especially while driving. Maybe that's on Ford and their design. But I remember looking at a Hyundai 2 years ago, and I was really turned off by the fact that everything was controlled through the touch screen. With the Lightning, the two most important functions, HVAC and Stereo volume , are controlled by a large center knob. Yeah, get off my lawn while I put my truck up on blocks on the front lawn! 😀

As far as the Tesla lovers, they are loyal, and I don't fault them. Having been a passenger and a driver of a Tesla (model 3) just not a fan of a lot of things about their vehicles. And as far as the CT, I could not get over the look of the vehicle.

FWIW, my colleague said his BMW iX overperforms its stated range, while his friends who have Model X's significantly underperform their stated range in real world driving.

It’s how you drive and where you drive.
Had the driveway seal coated Saturday. Had to park in the street for a couple of days. I charged to 100%. Drove close to 50 miles on local roads running errands, etc. Used 2% of the state of charge. On my daily commute on the parkway, 37 miles going 75 mph uses 12-15% of the state of charge.

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
@Knight Shift

Saw on the Lighting forum that someone who ordered the adapter the same day as me just rec’d delivery of the adapter. Fingers crossed.

Saw one on 78 today. Not my thing
Saw a white one the other day, and it I liked it better then the Stainless. Just reaffirms my belief that they need to just make the body out of traditional steel so they can put some normal curves on that thing.

Don't understand why you'd make something out of SS.......and then cover it up.

Keep some in the SS if there continues to be that niche demand, but I think in a few years we see they change course to a traditional body type.

Saw two CT’s this morning. One standard ugly steel color. One painted menstrual red which was somehow even uglier than the ugly steel one. Our whole group was laughing. Which predictably appears to be the most common reaction.

For your and @imoapie if you ordered a Tesla adapter:

Yes this seems super annoying for the people whom have been waiting. Fortunately for me I charge at home and don't plan on needing anytime soon.

I will say, I installed the Tesla universal charger at my second charger location, use Ford charge station pro at home, and all it seems like it is is just the standard Tesla charger with an adapter at the end. So I wonder if Tesla is favoring those supply chains instead of the Ford one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT